cpc

hey guys , does your cpc training count towards your working hours , cause my boss wants us to do training on a Saturday in our own time because hes paying for the courses …■■?

Cpc? Never heard of it.

Serious answer, I don’t know but it probably should be if boss is paying and you should also get at least time and half if on a day off :grimacing:

Are you being paid to attend? If yes it is my understanding that it does in fact count towards your working hours. Not too sure and stand to be corrected by someone who actually gives a ■■■■ about the WTD. :smiley:

jay0:
Cpc? Never heard of it.

Have you heard of pedantry then? No it’s not something to do with crossing the road on foot . :wink:

Time for a Mexican stand-off, if you all refuse to do it then he won’t have a haulage firm come September.

Certainly any true professional (nurse, teacher etc) gets paid if they have to attend a compulsory training course.

if its my Saturday to be in work then ill get 4 hrs pay

the maoster:

jay0:
Cpc? Never heard of it.

Have you heard of pedantry then? No it’s not something to do with crossing the road on foot . :wink:

Yes I have my good man and I can’t help it, I spend far too much time on here :exclamation:

Good point, well made Jay. :smiley:

the maoster:
Good point, well made Jay. :smiley:

Why thank you :smiley:

Are you talking Driver CPC?

If you are, then…

1. He is under no legal obligation to arrange training for you, or pay for it, or pay you to do it.

2. He is obliged however to make sure that all drivers in his vehicle are qualified by September 10.

3. You are also obliged to make sure you are qualified by then, or you can’t drive commercially (with some very tight exceptions)

If he is paying you a wage to attend the training, or insisting that you attend the training, then the time spent training must be recorded as ‘other work’ for drivers hours purposes.

If he is allowing you to decide whether or not you will attend the training but has arranged it for you if you want to do it, and he is not paying you to go on it, then you can undertake it during a ‘rest’ period.

jugs1970:
hey guys , does your cpc training count towards your working hours , cause my boss wants us to do training on a Saturday in our own time because hes paying for the courses …■■?

Hi jugs1970,

That very discussion is already going on in this topic:

There are two pages of it so far, but it eventually comes down to this advice from VOSA…

It should be noted that the advice from VOSA makes it plain that the question of who is paying for the training is irrelevant:

the distinction is whether or not the driver is being paid a wage to attend and whether his employer has ordered him to attend. If the answer to either question is yes, then the training should be recorded as ‘other work’

Here is the source document from VOSA:

http://www.truckingtopics.co.uk/vosaclarifiesdri.html