Company’s that don’t send trampers truck out at weekends

Co i sub for have strictly one truck one driver, having said that many are out for 2 weeks plus anyway. With a fleet of top spec units all R620’s and FH500’s they expect drivers to keep them tip top (which they do)many having added their own bling and offer a monthly bonus of 100eur for no damage, many doing the odd minor bit like a broken lense themselves to keep their bonus intact. Pretty sure it wouldnt go down well if they punted a drivers unit out to another driver on days off…

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys when tramping Monday to Friday is there any companies in north west that don’t send your truck out at weekend or when your on hoilday ?

Never understand drivers who moaning about use truck when he off.|Truck belong to company and truck must earn money .I now work for tramper.Taked all item in truck Monday taked about 10 minute.Same collect all Friday.If i not happy that clean cab inside Monday morning can taked 5 minute or less.

At one company i come truck i was driving for week.When i start that i found in Fridge some food,stuff.I put this food in the bin.Next week he hate me about this .Why i need all week some stuff if driver for some reason left inside.■■?I give him some money and he was happy.

Andrejs:

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys when tramping Monday to Friday is there any companies in north west that don’t send your truck out at weekend or when your on hoilday ?

Never understand drivers who moaning about use truck when he off.|Truck belong to company and truck must earn money .I now work for tramper.Taked all item in truck Monday taked about 10 minute.Same collect all Friday.If i not happy that clean cab inside Monday morning can taked 5 minute or less.

Absolute ■■■■■■■■.
Not if you carry as much stuff that I, and most trampers I know carry.
Those that are competent at their job cater for every, or at least most scenarios whilst away from home working.
There’s no way in hell I’d be prepared to spend an hour or so stripping my cab out end of week, then next week spending half an hour cleaning it out,… and then as long as it takes to put all my stuff back in, just to make allowances for some ■■■■ inept in common social skills, but fully competent in the art of ■■■■ poor manners.
Any firm expecting me to I would not work for.

robroy:

Andrejs:

Rodneytrotter89:

Absolute ■■■■■■■■.
Not if you carry as much stuff that I, and most trampers I know carry.
Those that are competent at their job cater for every, or at least most scenarios whilst away from home working.
There’s no way in hell I’d be prepared to spend an hour or so stripping my cab out end of week, then next week spending half an hour cleaning it out,… and then as long as it takes to put all my stuff back in, just to make allowances for some [zb] inept in common social skills, but fully competent in the art of ■■■■ poor manners.
Any firm expecting me to I would not work for.

When i driver truck that i need space in fridge.At least fridge must be full empty .In my situation driver was off 2 or 3 week.But if i today at home and i left mineral water and toilet paper in truck that if somebode will use this water that no problem.

Although I am not a tramper I am out two nights a week but there is no excuse for not keeping a cab clean no matter how clean a person is, I have ocd so my cleaning expectations are very high, now I know there are some dirty sods out there judging by the state of inside their cabs but if they do get put into a cab that is clean and tidy it is just courteous to leave it as you found it, I was talking to a driver the other week and when he gets back on a Friday his company does vehicle checks inside and out which I think is a great idea but I know its not always going to happen with the size of some fleets, good job I do not have my own transport company really as I would be on the ball with cleanliness haha

I now work for a small company I take keys home with me on a Friday boss has set if he need to move mine for any reason if I am off he drives it

When I worked agency & was away all week when driver was off ( yep different cab each week ) I always left as I found or cleaner the company knew this so did the drivers so were happy for me to use they did give me own which I did keep clean & tidy although when not in it was sometimes used by other drivers although most were good & left as found

A mate of mine works Sunday - Thursday when he gets back know it will be used on a night he always complains as it is left dirty with boot marks all over including the top of cab 5th wheel grease on back yep he does take his bedding out every week

Lewy:
I have ocd so my cleaning expectations are very high

Same here Lewy and take medication for it,cleaning things which really dont need cleaning is my trait…

AndrewG me and the doctor talked about medication but I have refused it although at times it makes me wonder whether to go down that route but it can be a nuisance at times, I get annoyed even when I get into my truck and the shunter has left footprints, ridiculous to some people I know but when you have ocd it is a big thing, I lose count the amount of times I sweep drivers footwell out each day but there is no excuse for a dirty cab, I hate to think what some peoples homes are like after seeing inside their trucks.

Lewy:
Although I am not a tramper I am out two nights a week but there is no excuse for not keeping a cab clean no matter how clean a person is, I have ocd so my cleaning expectations are abnormal, now I know there are some dirty sods out there judging by the state of inside their cabs but if they do get put into a cab that is clean and tidy it is just courteous to leave it as you found it, I was talking to a driver the other week and when he gets back on a Friday his company does vehicle checks inside and out which I think is a great idea but I know its not always going to happen with the size of some fleets, good job I do not have my own transport company really as I would be on the ball with cleanliness haha

More accurate I think under the circumstances described.

Having ocd does not make cleaning standards ‘abnormal’ as far as I am concerned, yes they are higher than normal but basic cleaning standards should mean cabs are to be left clean and tidy, its courtesy as well

Off topic but in keeping in the thread. I hate it when people belittle OCD as something trivial and not see it as the true mental illness that it is.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

From a (about to be) former Owner - Operator running a mixed fleet of mediocre size, I can honestly say that I have never come across blokes that behave like total animals as much as I have in transport.

In a previous life i was a fitter of sorts, a life that I am now returning to. The last vehicle I operated on behalf of someone else was a 313 Long & High Sprinter, kitted out as a service van with all manner of goodies, none of which belonged to me. Working in shifts meant that this vehicle never returned home with me, though it was shared with quite possibly the dirtiest ■■■■■■■ I have ever had the displeasure of meeting in my relatively short 30 years on this planet.

It was quite apparent from the word go that my “colleauge” simply could not be bothered to clear up after himself, and this ultimately led to my demise from said workshop after several major incidents, whereby stuff was promptly ejected from the van and into the street.

Now, at this end of the industry I had the pleasure to enter Cabs of vehicles that were 8-9-10 years old and in absolutely pristine condition, driven by some thoroughly decent chaps who took pride in what they were doing, and weren’t standing leaning against the truck with a cigarette on the go, half there dinner spilt down their shirt, and tracksuit bottoms around their arse cheeks when I arrived to help them.

Equally, there were the filthiest of filthy sods who just could not / would not give a toss about what they drove, how it or they looked, smelt, behaved etc… and they were in vehicles perhaps only 6-9 months old!!!

So yes, I can understand your frustrations as drivers, but I can also see it from an operators point of view that the machine needs to be as productive as it can be in order to have the best possible chance of securing some profit for the financial year!!!

Drag the filthy pigs to the jetwash and give them a good going over with the wash brush and TFR I say :laughing: :laughing:

my motor dont get used weekends or when on holiday unless unavoidable my keys stay with me at all times spare in office just in case been away 3 times since ive been there out of 6 weeks holiday truck was used twice for day runs

If I ain’t using ‘mine’ it doesn’t get used!
2 weeks holiday? Truck gets parked up.

My truck does not move at the weekend unless i drive it or it goes to the workshop.Only time any driver uses my truck is when im off on holiday and thats it.Even if i have a day off mid week it stays in the yard i must be one of the few lucky drivers that get this.

El Deano:
Off topic but in keeping in the thread. I hate it when people belittle OCD as something trivial and not see it as the true mental illness that it is.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

abnormal
əbˈnɔːm(ə)l/Submit
adjective
deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

I’m too late obviously to stop you getting your knickers in a twist but nobody was belittling the ocd condition.So, for clarity…I’d say that was as accurate as anyone could be.

Only Fools and Horses, Rodney Trotter and Dell Boys favourite name for him ring any bells :question: :wink:

Small companies with bought and paid kit would be the best bet.

A neighbour of mine runs 3 wagons, has two drivers, each with a taut, flat and low loaded. The only other person that uses one of the trailers is the boss. Nobody else drives the units.

All the kit is older but paid for though, so no payments. How ever it’s all maintained perfectly, no autos, still on paper tachos and no adblu.

If the money were better id be banging on his door every Monday morning.

Where I work the vehicles are utilised to the maximum, as a tramper i understand that on a weekend “my” vehicle will be too. Obviously whilst not doing somersaults of joy over that I usually get to pick one of a couple of exceptionality good EE guys to use it over the weekend so it tends to be returned to me in an immaculate state.

Failing that I keep a defect or two up my sleeve which tend to keep it VOR over the weekend! :wink: