Company’s that don’t send trampers truck out at weekends

fridger:
Small companies with bought and paid kit would be the best bet.

A neighbour of mine runs 3 wagons, has two drivers, each with a taut, flat and low loaded. The only other person that uses one of the trailers is the boss. Nobody else drives the units.

All the kit is older but paid for though, so no payments. How ever it’s all maintained perfectly, no autos, still on paper tachos and no adblu.

If the money were better id be banging on his door every Monday morning.

Catch 22.
If they used trucks at the weekend, the wages could be better, so you`d want a job.
Except tha…

pierrot 14:

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys when tramping Monday to Friday is there any companies in north west that don’t send your truck out at weekend or when your on hoilday ?

Unless you own the truck, i.e. owner driver, it’s not actually your truck.
So if the operator wants it to earn money to cover the cost of buying/leasing the vehicle he will want to send it out!!

+1

The unit I drive doesn’t normally go out on weekends but it is still fair game. We have about 100 trucks and every one can be used for a job if it requires. As a tramper, I’m beginning to dread going on holiday for fear that some scruffbag will get their hands on it and smoke it in. That is my number 1 fear. I hate smoking and the smell it leaves behind. The office has sent memo after memo regarding smoking in the trucks yet when you do report that someone has smoked in your unit while you were away, they don’t seem to want to know.

dafdave:

pierrot 14:

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys when tramping Monday to Friday is there any companies in north west that don’t send your truck out at weekend or when your on hoilday ?

Unless you own the truck, i.e. owner driver, it’s not actually your truck.
So if the operator wants it to earn money to cover the cost of buying/leasing the vehicle he will want to send it out!!

+1

+2 My truck has the Bosses initials on the door , so if they want to use it on night trunk on a Friday so be it , it’s he’s truck not mine

Maybe leave some smelly undies in a plastic bag on the passenger seat, a mouldy cheese sarnie on the dashboard, and an old takeaway curry container with some dog-ends on the bed?
No one would use your truck then. Sorted.

:smiley:

Franglais:
Maybe leave some smelly undies in a plastic bag on the passenger seat, a mouldy cheese sarnie on the dashboard, and an old takeaway curry container with some dog-ends on the bed?
No one would use your truck then. Sorted.

:smiley:

Or at least you wont notice the mess so much when you get back in [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I worked for small manufacturing company when I 1st past my test about 5 years ago. Used tramp out all week . Truck was mine didn’t get used weekends. I was on holiday truck just sat parked up didn’t move . Was great. Where I am.now it doesn’t get used weekends only when I’m off. And when I’m off I take bedding etc home give it a wash take out valuable stuff sat nav cooker etc… don’t mind others using it. But I hate drivers who leave take away wrappers coffee cups etc inside. I mean we have a skip in the yard and most services places have bins use them ffs

You lot would hate our place. Double manned, motors get swapped around between drivers all the time. No agency though.

albion:
You lot would hate our place. Double manned, motors get swapped around between drivers all the time. No agency though.

The difference being that your drivers don`t sleep in the trucks though?

OK, sleeping in hotels isnt your own bed. But hotels have cleaners. At our place we have a few trusted drivers who cover when were on hols. No problems. They are good people who leave the trucks clean. (never have ten minutes to top up diesel on Friday, but … :smiley:))
I can imagine coming back to “your truck” expecting to spend the next five nights in it to be confronted with …a mess… I wouldn`t be happy.

Franglais:

albion:

OK, sleeping in hotels isnt your own bed. But hotels have cleaners. At our place we have a few trusted drivers who cover when were on hols. No problems. They are good people who leave the trucks clean. (never have ten minutes to top up diesel on Friday, but … :smiley:))
I can imagine coming back to “your truck” expecting to spend the next five nights in it to be confronted with …a mess… I wouldn`t be happy.

I would be fine with parking up and hotel booking.
On my last job I could have 3 to 4 nights on the ferry some weeks, Euro and Irish, did not miss the cab at all, and 4 party nights on the trot. :sunglasses:

albion:

But…you pay proper money…

Franglais:

albion:

There are some nights in the truck, but not that often. Being a,small company, people stay on top of the cleaning mostly.

Mine ? Unless you are an O,D expect it to be used to pay for it .

It all comes down to pride in the job - the neanderthals that leave cabs in ■■■■ order are probably the same ones who rip clutches out and fry the brakes - try to make the truck round by knocking all the corners off.

And have no road manners either.

I always quietly wondered whether the CPC was brought in to get these planks out of the business.

Socketset:
I always quietly wondered whether the CPC was brought in to get these planks out of the business.

Well if it was, it definitely hasn’t worked. :unamused:

When I did casual driving it was virtually guaranteed that I would get a trampers vehicle if I worked on a Friday.and some of them were absolutely disgusting. Dirty socks, underwear etc just left in the cab. On one occasion I refused to take a vehicle out.

waddy640:
When I did casual driving it was virtually guaranteed that I would get a trampers vehicle if I worked on a Friday.and some of them were absolutely disgusting. Dirty socks, underwear etc just left in the cab. On one occasion I refused to take a vehicle out.

Here here some of them are ■■■■ houses and they live in them all week
Some i wouldn’t let a dog sleep in it they are so disgusting
So what if you have to clean it aint you going to clean it anyway
And it sounds like you think you own the truck
Aint you getting a big wad for living in it so the least you could do is keep it clean

Beetlejuice:
Mine ? Unless you are an O,D expect it to be used to pay for it .

I’m not an O.D. But ‘mine’ never gets used by anybody. One of the many benefits of working for a manufacturing company that owns its own trucks…all 4 of them [emoji23]

One mans gold is another mans rubbish. I remember a boss of mine taking “someone else’s lorry” out, he found a notice taped to the steering wheel, after ripping that up and removing all the ■■■■ in the windows, flags, spears, fanny pelmets and air fresheners, he used it all weekend. [emoji23][emoji12]

Wheel Nut:
One mans gold is another mans rubbish. I remember a boss of mine taking “someone else’s lorry” out, he found a notice taped to the steering wheel, after ripping that up and removing all the [zb] in the windows, flags, spears, fanny pelmets and air fresheners, he used it all weekend. [emoji23][emoji12]

Spot on :laughing: