Coal and Coke hauliers

Hi mike,that would be a very similar lorry and reg number to the one that Denis & wilf Punchard had ,the last lorries were V ,B and E reg ,would you have any photos of them as I have none except for the last days of the E reg .

Hi Dan.
No pics.I’m afraid, use to see Dennis around especially in Denby Disposal, at least I think it was him, :confused: .
Heres that Austin again that is reputed to have belonged to Francis N Lowe. I can remember seeing it about
in the early sixties but did’nt realise it was theirs.If nothing else it looks well,mind don’t they all when they are new.
Mike.

IMG_0024 (640x496).jpg

Some from my friend Nigel

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A few here
James Bacon Manchester Dodge Chinese six

Coal Deliveries Mansfield

B J Waters Darley Dale DAF

Cawoods Leyland Comet
Cawoods Leyland Comet.jpg
E & F Beatie Manchester Atkinson

Garrett & Hemphrey Nottingham Leyland Octopus

I wonder if that coal deliveries (EM) ltd was Eric Meeks ,or was that before his time ?

Punchy Dan:
I wonder if that coal deliveries (EM) ltd was Eric Meeks ,or was that before his time ?

Nothing to do with E & J Meeks Ltd. Coal Deliveries (East Midlands) Ltd I think was run by Ron Johnson and belonged to a group that also consisted of Alf Fletcher & Co Ltd and Ron Mason Transport Ltd. Called the Speedway Group as the two Rons were speedway riders, not sure if Olver Hart & Sons Ltd and Rollon Transport Ltd were part of same group as Oliver Hart was a rider too and they owned Rollon Transport.

Thanks fodenfan

Peter Greggains Maryport ■■■■■■■ DAT415T loading on a fault Wimpey Mining Potatopot OCCS Workington ■■■■■■■ 1988

image.jpeg

image.jpeg unloading carbon dust .

Stanfield:

300 Gardner Iirc 8 pot ,and a good well made trailer too ,would make an excellent show outfit today .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Loading Immingham today

One for Larry ,curtesy of Colin Gotheridge collection. Taken at Cpl Immingham 1980s

Punchy Dan:

One for Larry ,curtesy of Colin Gotheridge collection. Taken at Cpl Immingham 1980s

Thanks Dan, I remember this Firm, & In later years they ran a couple of F 7. 8 Legger Tippers, But sadley I dont know if they are still trading, Thanks for posting this picture of a local North East Haulage Co. Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:

Thanks Dan, I remember this Firm, & In later years they ran a couple of F 7. 8 Legger Tippers, But sadley I dont know if they are still trading, Thanks for posting this picture of a local North East Haulage Co. Regards Larry.

Hi Larry ,looks a smart outfit ,google suggest s they’re long gone thanks Dan