Coaches PCV

SouthEastCashew:

jakethesnake:

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:
Don’t become a coach [zb]. They [zb] hate us so I will hate them back :-').

You sound like a really professional driver. NOT.

… +1

Care to elaborate…?

Seeing as you ask, yes I will elaborate. I do not know if you are trying to be humorous because your comments usually are not. I find most of your comments childish and pathetic.
There you go cashew.

jakethesnake:

SouthEastCashew:

jakethesnake:

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:

… +1

Care to elaborate…?

Seeing as you ask, yes I will elaborate. I do not know if you are trying to be humorous because your comments usually are not. I find most of your comments childish and pathetic.
There you go cashew.

[emoji42][emoji42]

When i got a bit fed up in the trucking industry, i moved to the buses…then onto coaches…with a full all types PSV…i started doing part time…odd days here and there ,until in was given a tour, after experiencing uk ones, the Company was very well known, and we did only 2 companies work…American Express…or JTB…Japanese tourist…With american express we always picked up a tour guide…never had to operate the PA system, as they all had local knowledge of London, and when in other parts of the uk they hired a local guide…When on international duties, we carried a tour guide, who rested whilst the local guide came on board…We also did other tours on or supposed days off, which landed quite a bit of money, but the wage itself was very good, in fact, i used to throw my wages in a drawer, and lived off of the tips. All americans are asked to give generously, and an envelope was supplied…one for the driver, one for the tour guide, and sometimes it was a 50 - 50 share…the Japs were a bit miserly…and hardly gave anything,…we also collected our guests from the airport…delivered them to the hotel…did a sightseeing in London…then dropped them off afterwards…and then we did an evening tour with meal…drivers were included in everything…and at hotels we never unloaded any baggage…only opened the doors…we drove mercedes vehicles…and it was a great job…today…i dont know…as i returned to trucks after 2 years…back in the old days when i was seperated from my ex, and time didnt matter…but the job was very well planned…with us getting lots of rest if needed, btw, we also had the added bunce when we took them to the tourist shop…the one who paid the most commission. :smiley:

I ve done both hgv and psv both here in western Canada.and back in the 1970 s in the uk …just retired from a ten year stint at Calgary transit…I prefer urban transit the public get off after about 20 mins couldn’t stand these people for any longer . I did one summer 1976 driving for Wallace Arnold out of leeds quite good really but even then you get the wrong group and your day is a misery. I prefer hauling fuel diesel doesn’t talk back to you Wayne Robinson

A bus loads and unloads itself. That’s got to be a good thing.

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:

Not all coachdrivers hate LGV drivers as I’m a holder of both licenses and have been driving coaches for the last 15 years but class 1 from 1974 till 2002 enjoyed both jobs, but both jobs have change (mostly for the worst) I still try and help LGV drivers on the road, our common problem on the roas is the car, van, and lycra wobbles without fighting each other

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

colinaki:

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:

Not all coachdrivers hate LGV drivers as I’m a holder of both licenses and have been driving coaches for the last 15 years but class 1 from 1974 till 2002 enjoyed both jobs, but both jobs have change (mostly for the worst) I still try and help LGV drivers on the road, our common problem on the roas is the car, van, and lycra wobbles without fighting each other

I find coach drivers are normally ok, now and again I find a local bus driver has no time for HGV. I was in the wrong lane the other week and trying to get across and all the local bus driver could do was sit there waving his arms in the air at me, just because he drives the same route everyday and wouldn’t know what it’s like to be driving somewhere you don’t know!

alamcculloch:
A bus loads and unloads itself. That’s got to be a good thing.

But the load talks to you, makes noise, wants attention and that’s a bad thing. I’ve never wanted or needed to tell a tin of beans to ■■■■ off and sit down but I’ve said it to a fair few people :laughing:

My mate was a car salesman who had a PSV, he took up coach driving about 4 years ago and loves the flexibility and freedom, he is self employed and gets to pick his own jobs when and where he likes, he often takes the wife away. The coaches are parked up and cleaned, he just keeps them tidy whilst away on a trip.

He trained as a mechanic, holds HGV and PSV and did some limo / chauffeur work. I am almost tempted.

DickyNick:

colinaki:

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:

I find coach drivers are normally ok, now and again I find a local bus driver has no time for HGV. I was in the wrong lane the other week and trying to get across and all the local bus driver could do was sit there waving his arms in the air at me, just because he drives the same route everyday and wouldn’t know what it’s like to be driving somewhere you don’t know!

If it’s any consolation a tfl bus driver carved me up and left me stuffed in a yellow box with the help of a black cab doing his swing around in the junction when I appealed the fix penalty with the help of my dash cam film the FP was dropped
On another occasion in London I stopped short of a junction in a bus lane to let’s a artic through only to have the driver behind give me the horn and light flashing but the look on his face when I put on my hazards got out and asked him what his problem was to my surprise to find the old bill behind me, he asked what was going on I told him he asked me to carry on my way, while waiting for the lights to change I saw his passengers getting off !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colinaki:

DickyNick:

colinaki:

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:

If it’s any consolation a tfl bus driver carved me up and left me stuffed in a yellow box with the help of a black cab doing his swing around in the junction when I appealed the fix penalty with the help of my dash cam film the FP was dropped
On another occasion in London I stopped short of a junction in a bus lane to let’s a artic through only to have the driver behind give me the horn and light flashing but the look on his face when I put on my hazards got out and asked him what his problem was to my surprise to find the old bill behind me, he asked what was going on I told him he asked me to carry on my way, while waiting for the lights to change I saw his passengers getting off !!

Glad your fixed penalty was dropped mate. Just shows it is worth appealing :-') I don’t have a problem with the red bus drivers in London they aren’t like the national express ones & other city bus drivers who think you are superman and can see around corners etc…

Well shortly after I passed my car test I always fancied a go on buses/coaches, and then HGVs, and then back to buses and that cycle continued. Unfortunately the age for either licence 21, not 18 like it is now. So either way I had to let the idea go for a few years.

Having done other things in the mean time, I’m 31 now and finally got my class 1 at 27. But even then I was toying with the idea of getting the PCV instead first, with th intention of always giving both a try.

The main reason that swung it for me to go for the HGV was that there was and still is much more info about it online, such as here! And you tube videos. Searching google there was loads more HGV jobs going than on coaches, and the potential earning seemed better.

I may well still give give it a go in the future.

DickyNick:
Well shortly after I passed my car test I always fancied a go on buses/coaches, and then HGVs, and then back to buses and that cycle continued. Unfortunately the age for either licence 21, not 18 like it is now. So either way I had to let the idea go for a few years.

Having done other things in the mean time, I’m 31 now and finally got my class 1 at 27. But even then I was toying with the idea of getting the PCV instead first, with th intention of always giving both a try.

The main reason that swung it for me to go for the HGV was that there was and still is much more info about it online, such as here! And you tube videos. Searching google there was loads more HGV jobs going than on coaches, and the potential earning seemed better.

I may well still give give it a go in the future.

Well you will never know till you give it a try, coaching has it’s good points and it’s bad just like lgv work tramping to skips all different so good look life is was you make it

If you go to one of the big bus outfits they will put you through the training and then train you to be a driver. None of this “there"s the keys” nonsense that you get with some lorry firms.

alamcculloch:
If you go to one of the big bus outfits they will put you through the training and then train you to be a driver. None of this “there"s the keys” nonsense that you get with some lorry firms.

Lad I’m on agency with did that… Hated it with a passion. And now he has a CCJ as they wanted him to pay a ridiculous fee to get out of the 2 years working for them.

I’d rather go to Peter Smythes and give him a grand of my money - and be in control of my own destiny. But I don’t think I’d have the patience to be a bus/coach driver - so I won’t be picking either option. Even though some of the stories of coachwork on here do sound a bit appealing.

sammym:

alamcculloch:

Lad I’m on agency with did that… Hated it with a passion. And now he has a CCJ as they wanted him to pay a ridiculous fee to get out of the 2 years working for them.

I’d rather go to Peter Smythes and give him a grand of my money - and be in control of my own destiny. But I don’t think I’d have the patience to be a bus/coach driver - so I won’t be picking either option. Even though some of the stories of coachwork on here do sound a bit appealing.

It’s not appealing any more it’s just another job but different from LGV work, and not all coaching is the same, just got to find the right company

I did a bit of work today. Took a school group to a local visitor attraction ,got my bike out of the boot and cycled 20 miles came back tea in the café and drove them back home. Job done. It would cost more than a Grand to get a bus licence nowadays.

alamcculloch:
I did a bit of work today. Took a school group to a local visitor attraction ,got my bike out of the boot and cycled 20 miles came back tea in the café and drove them back home. Job done. It would cost more than a Grand to get a bus licence nowadays.

So when you do a day like that, are you getting paid all that time? I assume you’ve just got the tacho on break or POA or a mixture of the 2?

colinaki:

animalmanphil:

SouthEastCashew:

Never had a problem or issue with coach drivers, I’ll always flash them in on the Motorways and 98% of the time they’ll thank me (pretty much the same as ‘my fellow trucker brethren’ then).

Now then, local route bus drivers… Don’t get me started on them…

Currently in Munich tonight. Started in London on Tuesday, then Amsterdam, Koblenz and Munich, then Venice, Rome, Florence, Lucerne and Paris to come.

All the passengers are in their twenties. No grumpy pensioners or Werthers Originals allowed with this tour. As said, you have to find the right company to work for.

I have to say, it’s nice to have two months off from the truck, even though some of this cargo gets ■■■■■■ up every night. I’ll try and post a diary up one day.

By the way, it’s not me in that video. That’s a colleague.