career change?

Ive been talking to a few people in the Coach industry and they are saying that a few HGV drivers are moving across in the current climate :question:

Interested to find out what peoples views and feelings would be :confused: :confused:

PCV Drivers ARE being advertised for in my local area

Have done stage carriage work for 4 years. That was all i could stand. Being extremely polite to people all day is hard work. And you have to be polite to the ones who are moaning and complaining to you. Even when you know they are complaining about nothing. Might go back to it for a while, if i was very desperate. Coach work is slightly different in that you dont have to talk to the passengers every 5 minutes!. Will need a PCV licence though if you don’t already have one.

These may be of interest.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

I would only consider bus/coach driving if it was legal to slap any passengers that get on your nerves :smiling_imp:

Back in the day I mini-cabbed for a while and I can honestly say that I would never, ever, do it gain. Working at a job which involves having to interact with the general pubic on a daily basis is soul destroying. I would never drive a coach or a bus unless I was at the point of total desperation.

52 back set drivers…yeah,thats all id need in rush hr! :imp:

bubsy06:
I would only consider bus/coach driving if it was legal to slap any passengers that get on your nerves :smiling_imp:

Once a lorry driver- always gonna be a lorry driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Having done both myself I can see where your coming from- does have its advantages-

Nights out in hotels-food paid for-

Just need some ear plugs :imp: :imp:

I have done a bit of Busin and Coachin, trouble is people are like animals, no thats an insult to animals… :angry: :angry:

Sooner drive a cattle truck; at least you have the satisfaction of being able to eat your passengers if they crap on the floor! :wink:

Would probably consider it if I couldnt get a job trucking, wouldnt mind doing all the Euro tours

gnasty gnome:
Sooner drive a cattle truck; at least you have the satisfaction of being able to eat your passengers if they crap on the floor! :wink:

Thats fine but YOU still have to clean up THEIR crap :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Harder on a full stomach :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Theres very little truck driving work round here.I,ve been on short time coach driving since before Xmas.I,m struggling at the moment.I hate bus driving with a passion .Its monotinous in the extreme passengers seem to be the scum of the earth at times.But and heres the rub I,ve applied to First as needs must and I need to pay my mortgage.But it will be a temporary move as I would go insane if I thought I would be there for ever.

As I said in the other thread I’d do it if it was a choice between doing that or going back to the taxis. Better a crap job than no job.

only if it’s hen parties or models. And ear plugs are part off the ppe.

i would love to get out of truck driving if i could. but going into bus driving? nowt personal to you fellas that are bus/coach drivers but i’d rather stay where i am than go and deal with all the mither that must go with a bus load of people, late shifts, drunks, 70 school kids and such.

I would sooner eat worms.

nasty Gnome wrote ‘sooner carry animals, at least you can eat your passengers if they crap on the floor!’ classic,PMSL. I suppose on a positive note the best thing about coach/bus driving is that at least your load tips itself. From then on it has to be downhill. A mate of mine used to drive coaches years ago and had an unforgettable experience one hot afternoon when an inebriated lady passenger managed to vomit down his back, the greater part of it (including her false teeth!?) down the neck of his shirt. No water on board only a bottle of warm lemonade to try and clean himself up yeugh!

I think i’d get the sack pretty quick.

They would be greeted by my charm.

“Hello, Welcome to my coach, We will be stopping at Dover and will not be stopping until we get to St Tropez, Now shut the [zb] up and don’t move or i’ll kick you off onto the hard shoulder, Have a nice trip”.

We had some coach-bus drivers come on the lorries when I was driving, they couldn,t reverse, were no good off the main road, not fit to lace a lorry drivers boots.

I remember delivering to a school a few years ago. The gear linkage broke on my ERF and I ended up stuck in the middle of the yard. The buses that turned up to get the kids at home time had to reverse back out. It took forever… they just couldnt reverse!

I have to say ive thought about bus driving… mainly after seeing the japes the drivers get up to on “On the buses”… winding up the inspector, setting fire to chips on the engine “ill get you Butler” e.t.c but after reading some of the opinions on bus driving on this forum I think I wont bother.