Trying to drive a Coach?

Got said that Greyhound will employ the next Time around 500 Coachdriver.
greyhound.com/home/en/DrivingCareers.aspx
Pay were about $22.-/Hour

No thanks :open_mouth: done buses years ago, good job if it wasn’t for the passengers :wink:

Tiger.

I 'ate you Butler! :laughing:

I wouldnt mind doing that as a busmans holiday :laughing:

Seriously, a month or so coast to coast would do me just fine at the minute.

Lovlyperson:
Got said that Greyhound will employ the next Time around 500 Coachdriver.

:smiley: Hi Lovlyperson WELCOME back.:grimacing:

:laughing: I didn’t do PCV, because I don’t like the idea of freight that can talk. :open_mouth:

:laughing: I’ve got you this time Butler!! :sunglasses:

I did a bit of Coaching, when I took my PCV I thought would’nt it be nice for the load to get on and off on its own. I have carried some bloody nasty people and got fed up with cleaning up after them plus the fact that there are very few coaching jobs pay as well as truck driving.
Anyone thinking of doing the coach/bus test just remember all it is is a big class two with windows in the side… :laughing:

coach driving

same as truck driving only the ■■■■ unloads itself

r slicker:
coach driving

same as truck driving only the [zb] unloads itself

normally by missing the bottle they are trying to ■■■■ into or missing the bag when they throw up and thats just the pensioners :smiley: :smiley:

DON’T DO IT!!! Greyhound are owned by Laidlaw who have just been taken over by my employers, First Group. From what I have read on a union e-group which I am on, they are worse to work for over the other side of the pond than this crowd in the UK, and that’s saying something!

on the plus side

park outside the door at services and not half a mile away, with free meals and drinks instead of spending a tenner

get your own lane in most towns, and some motorways :laughing:

dieseldave:
:laughing: I didn’t do PCV, because I don’t like the idea of freight that can talk. :open_mouth:

im with you dave on that one.

Daycrawler, I haven’t done coaches for some time now, but I don’t think any of the MSA’s still operate the free drinks and meal facility for coach drivers. Too many of the local, off duty bus drivers were abusing it :wink: They were having up to six drivers claiming to be driving one coach party at times! Not that i would be guily of flashing my badge to get a free meal in the services :laughing: :laughing:
(and before someone else comes on here and tells me, yes, I know they don’t issue badges any more when you pass the PCV test. I have mine from 1979)
[/quote]

well…at least coach drivers get to sleep in 5***** hotels, are waited on by those east european birds with big boo…errmmm big blue eyes that is and don’t have to live in the box :laughing: :laughing:

err i dont think so in a lot of cases, if you do mostly kids trips abroad like i do you only get the crappy meals they get and are most often stuck with stroppy ■■■■■■■ teachers who treat you like the kids and dont take any notice of you, and the rooms are basic no tv just a bed and are not much bigger than a truck cab especially in a shed at mamosa southern france,most times your room is next to kids who are noisy gits :confused: and can be quite awkward when with all girl groups aged 12-13 etc, as i had when last week a girl aged 13 came running out of her room in just a towel :blush: so not all good as you have to be so carefull

r slicker:
coach driving

same as truck driving only the [zb] unloads itself

Similar: “self-loading cargo with attitude”

Nice in theory but i think greyhound operate on the ‘pick’ and seniority system when it comes to work. The fossils who have worked there for the past thirty years get first choice and thus pick the cushiest jobs. Quite obviously you (as the new starter) pick last and it doesn’t take a genius to work out that what is left by then is the absoloute ■■■■ floating on the top of the tank.

The wife’s cousin drives a bus for New York Transit and when I have met him he explained this curious practice to me.