Clitheroe tarmac & horrocksford hauliers past & present

tarmactipper:
Indeed it is Gloves, Sadly John was a very black or white person :unamused: always moaning about the Ducks,But went to the DARK SIDE :laughing: with the ERF and a couple of Scanias before packing it in several years ago :neutral_face: When I get time I will post some pictures of the old haulage yards in Clitheroe where the likes of J Knolwes , Hickys, Foxs parked there trucks. Any photos of Foden F447 EAO, Volvo K48XBA, Scania FJ57HDA and Scania FJ54AEL I have driven all these trucks over the years. :smiley:

You probably meant this F447 EAO, before Gerry Wildman had it. Searching for something else and came across this photo in an earlier folder

Barry/Gloves

Hi Gloves F447EAO was bought of Wildmans and painted in the Tarmac yellow by J Kinder from Barnoldswick,who after selling it on to a bloke from Chepstow who still runs it on a internal site on a water treatment plant carrying the sludge from the the filter press house :open_mouth: John then bought K48XBA of G Benson painted it in the new WHITE colours, that wagon was sold on to a OD from Buxton before being exported. Wildmans still have a G reg Foden parked in there yard don,t know what there doing with? :neutral_face: Drove both of these trucks before John packed up. Then drove for M Whiteside on ERF T42JVU. Volvo PN52KXX, Scanias FJ54AEL and FJ57HDA HAPPY DAYS.

FJ54 AEL is still going strong at Leapers Wood.

tarmactipper:
Hi Gloves F447EAO was bought of Wildmans and painted in the Tarmac yellow by J Kinder from Barnoldswick,who after selling it on to a bloke from Chepstow who still runs it on a internal site on a water treatment plant carrying the sludge from the the filter press house :open_mouth: John then bought K48XBA of G Benson painted it in the new WHITE colours, that wagon was sold on to a OD from Buxton before being exported. Wildmans still have a G reg Foden parked in there yard don,t know what there doing with? :neutral_face: Drove both of these trucks before John packed up. Then drove for M Whiteside on ERF T42JVU. Volvo PN52KXX, Scanias FJ54AEL and FJ57HDA HAPPY DAYS.

Posted this photo earlier on this site

Barry/Gloves

Hi Gloves yes seen that photo of PN52 before I parked it up like that for the photo, if my memory is correct did you see it on the bypass going back to Bankfield and then you followed me back to take a photo? Anyway photo request time again Miles Fox this time :smiley: RBV 237T, DBV 216S or any of Miles trucks when based at Duck Street?? AJA Smiths or JH MYERS

tarmactipper:
Hi Gloves yes seen that photo of PN52 before I parked it up like that for the photo, if my memory is correct did you see it on the bypass going back to Bankfield and then you followed me back to take a photo? Anyway photo request time again Miles Fox this time :smiley: RBV 237T, DBV 216S or any of Miles trucks when based at Duck Street?? AJA Smiths or JH MYERS

posted some photos earlier on this site (pages 2, 3, 4 ,5), but only took one of Miles’s Duck Street yard Atki 400.

In my earlier days did not think of taking photos of ALL the trucks in any fleet, only a small sample. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!! Shame I didn’t have any at the time.

Barry/Gloves

:bulb:

tarmactipper:
Hi Gloves yes seen that photo of PN52 before I parked it up like that for the photo, if my memory is correct did you see it on the bypass going back to Bankfield and then you followed me back to take a photo? Anyway photo request time again Miles Fox this time :smiley: RBV 237T, DBV 216S or any of Miles trucks when based at Duck Street?? AJA Smiths or JH MYERS[/quote
:smiley: :smiley:

BUMP Any more pictures Gloves?

thanks everybody for the great pics,i have lots myself which I will post when I learn how to do so cheers

tarmactipper:
BUMP Any more pictures Gloves?

This site has gone quiet again■■?

Only speaking to two drivers (Wayne and Granty) from Bankfield today, whilst they were delivering tarmac (from Skipton Rock!!!) into a re-surfacing job in Bradford and mentioned this website to them both.

Few more from the collection and it was only when going through the albums did I notice where Miles was getting his trucks from in the early days. A85 HHG in three guises. I also think that either this truck or A84 went to ‘Hoss’, working out of the Skipton area

PS WE need to keep this site active, if anyone else out there has any photos or tales to add

Barry/Gloves

Hello All,
This brings back memories, back in the mid seventies i worked for Ryland Warrington the Seddon Atkinson dealers and my first ever trip to Clitheroe [although i live nearby now] was delivering a new 400 series 8 wheeler to Miles Fox in Duck Street. Did not start well when
negotiating the tight bend around the pub on the A59 at Mellor, i had to stand on the brakes which caused the tipping ram [ no body fitted]
to slam into the back of the cab, denting it slightly. I told Mr Fox when i arrived and i always remember him saying , dont worry lad, it
needs painting anyway !!! and then promptly made me a cup of tea and paid me for the truck there and then. Went down well with my
boss, Jack Green , i was only 21 ish at the time and Mr Fox made a lasting impression, glad they are still going strong today. Cannot remember if they had any more 400,s but i think not. Great days and memories.

tarmactipper:
Indeed it is Gloves, Sadly John was a very black or white person :unamused: always moaning about the Ducks,But went to the DARK SIDE :laughing: with the ERF and a couple of Scanias before packing it in several years ago :neutral_face: When I get time I will post some pictures of the old haulage yards in Clitheroe where the likes of J Knolwes , Hickys, Foxs parked there trucks. Any photos of Foden F447 EAO, Volvo K48XBA, Scania FJ57HDA and Scania FJ54AEL I have driven all these trucks over the years. :smiley:

Hi TT. Did you locate the pics of the yards?

Just looked at this site.What a treat to see tippers in their working clothes.But also good to see old clean motors.

Sold a Ford 2424 via Bill Willox at Tarmac at Buxton and it went to a chap up that way a few years ago ap.1989.Can’t believe nearly 30 yrs ago.
Can’t remember the gentlman’s name and if he had any bother with it.( Brakes a bit of a problem though on some)
Would like to know

Tony

Tony Goring ran a Ford Cargo in Clitheroe, could of been him, no not yet Bonkey :confused:

Sean Williams (still there) Kieth Hardy (long gone) and Tommy Cornall (long gone also) all ran Dagenham dustbins about that time. What was the reg ?

Might seem a little odd but I’m trying to find a photo of my dad’s last truck. Volvo fl10 but for the life of me I can’t remember the reg and strangely the only truck he had I have no pictures of. In fact any photos of Ian Hamers or even my grandads George I’d be massively grateful.

M880 RRN does that ring any bells with anyone here is a pic of his sed Atki

1st tipper he had in tarmac then the atki pre paint job