Class 1 driver clocked at 124mph in own car

Top of the TC naughty list this year is getting stuck under a bridge.
Last year, it was using a mobile.
Next year…who knows…?

Conor:
It applies to vocational licence holders too (LGV/PCV). You can have one refused because of a criminal record or a consistent history of motoring offences even before you had a LGV/PCV licence.

PCV definitely, HGV/LGV, no, for certain: I know of more than one Class 1 driver with a serious offence to their name (I’m talking about custodial sentences between 18 months and 3 years in these cases) and they’ve never had any issues with the TC or DVLA.

Even being an O Licence holder is still possible with one serious offence.

worldsbestdriver:

Conor:

Zac_A:

Conor:
Should have had your LGV entitlement revoked for ill repute at almost twice the speed limit.

I’m not certain that bad repute is applicable, it’s mainly in respect of O licence holders

It applies to vocational licence holders too (LGV/PCV). You can have one refused because of a criminal record or a consistent history of motoring offences even before you had a LGV/PCV licence.

If they stopped everyone with a criminal record from driving lorries then there really would be a driver shortage! I’d say about 95% of class 1 drivers have been convicted of some sort of crime. Probably over 50% have served a bit of time.

You need to stop being so condemning. It’s a bit of speeding. In Germany, on some roads the coppers would have been overtaking him at those speeds to get their doughnuts. It’s not the smartest move admittedly. But it’s not the end of the world.

OP - good luck for the future. I’m sure you will find work - let’s hope it’s not in the same firm as Conor as he will no doubt burst into tears as the idea of having to share air time with a man of your ill repute. And he seems like he’d never let you forget it.

Here’s one of his AKA’s backing himself up

You should only be banned from driving a car then…it’s not like you’re going to do 120mph in a truck, right? Drunk/drug driving I get or driving in the wrong direction etc. but speeding in a car (depending on circumstances) …come on. Maybe you would’ve gotten off easier if it was on a motorway rather than an A road?

No retest = entitlements held for over 2 years?

Update- my 2 month ban ended on Monday 25th January and I’m back driving again for the firm I was before my ban started.
I was very lucky and I have now got my life back. Lesson learned.

worldsbestdriver:

Conor:

Zac_A:

Conor:
Should have had your LGV entitlement revoked for ill repute at almost twice the speed limit.

I’m not certain that bad repute is applicable, it’s mainly in respect of O licence holders

If they stopped everyone with a criminal record from driving lorries then there really would be a driver shortage! I’d say about 95% of class 1 drivers have been convicted of some sort of crime. Probably over 50% have served a bit of time.

You need to stop being so condemning. It’s a bit of speeding. In Germany, on some roads the coppers would have been overtaking him at those speeds to get their doughnuts. It’s not the smartest move admittedly. But it’s not the end of the world.

OP - good luck for the future. I’m sure you will find work - let’s hope it’s not in the same firm as Conor as he will no doubt burst into tears as the idea of having to share air time with a man of your ill repute. And he seems like he’d never let you forget it.

Speak for yourself old son. Some of us have driven HGVs for over 30 years, and cars longer, and never even had a parking ticket.

Conor:
Thanks for us having to now endure a 50MPH limit ■■■■■■. It’s thanks to all the people like you that there are now 50 limits on it.

Have you told your employer about this? You may find that you no longer have a job because their insurers won’t cover you. If you’re not already driving lorries for a living I’d not be planning on doing any time soon either once any prospective employer finds out about the ban.

Poster is so lucky to have Mr High and Mighty be the first reply. He should be honoured

Truckerian99:
Speak for yourself old son. Some of us have driven HGVs for over 30 years, and cars longer, and never even had a parking ticket.

Is it just me that thinks this sounds like a very boring life?! Not that there’s anything wrong with a dull life of course, seems to keep Conor happy

Truckerjack98:
Update- my 2 month ban ended on Monday 25th January and I’m back driving again for the firm I was before my ban started.
I was very lucky and I have now got my life back. Lesson learned.

Nice one, the only lesson to learn is like everything else in life mate…
If you’re doing summet wrong, don’t get caught. :bulb: :bulb:
Try a Track day next time :wink: :smiley: