Cig lighter socket

Hi,
I know the older lighter sockets are 24 volt (for some reason) and newer vehicles offer 12 volt. What is the voltage in a new truck if it isn’t written what the voltage is? Is it more likely to be 12V these days? I popped a phone charger in an unlabeled older one :frowning:
Tommy.

TommyTanker:
Hi,
I know the older lighter sockets are 24 volt (for some reason) and newer vehicles offer 12 volt. What is the voltage in a new truck if it isn’t written what the voltage is? Is it more likely to be 12V these days? I popped a phone charger in an unlabeled older one :frowning:
Tommy.

Should be both in them.The mercs have one 12v and about 4 24v.Or mine did.The daf i have now.Has 2 12v and one 24v.Wich is crap

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TommyTanker:
Hi,
Tommy.

Many phone chargers will be ok if plugged into either a 12v or 24v socket.
If the “magic smoke” didn’t escape from the charger you should be alright. [emoji3]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

And a max 15 amp

Franglais:

TommyTanker:
Hi,
Tommy.

Many phone chargers will be ok if plugged into either a 12v or 24v socket.
If the “magic smoke” didn’t escape from the charger you should be alright. [emoji3]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The captive smoke did escape lol

I found two usb ports in the truck today… You can’t see them unless you are on the passenger side lmao, handy…

Decent phone chargers should be able to do both voltages, even ones from Halfords, but double check. I usually find the USB charger ones are best.

As gkrbthe USB in the cab, they sometimes power phones and sometimes they are purely for audio so dont plug anything too heavy into them. In theory they should be 2 amp, but not all are.