DAF 12v ??

is there a 12v socket or hook up in the new 105 07 reg??

Maybe not, but your dealer should be able to supply a voltage dropper.

Not that I’m aware of - this was one of my criticisms of them when we did the Driver’s Truck of the Year thing for T&D at Truckfest this year. It’s ridiculous having an £80-100k unit that only has 24v outlets in this modern day of laptops, sat nav, mobile phones etc. The whole interior of all trucks should be littered with 12V and 24V outlets IMO.

Paul

repton:
Not that I’m aware of - this was one of my criticisms of them when we did the Driver’s Truck of the Year thing for T&D at Truckfest this year. It’s ridiculous having an £80-100k unit that only has 24v outlets in this modern day of laptops, sat nav, mobile phones etc. The whole interior of all trucks should be littered with 12V and 24V outlets IMO.

Paul

Im fairly certain that cigarette lighter sockets are 12 volt but dont come running to me if you fry your new appliance. :unamused:

All our trucks are fitted with a european domestic wall socket that is always live and 24 volt. plus they have a DIN socket and cigarette lighter at 12volt.

Its standard throughout our fleet of Scania, Volvo and Daf

repton:

Paul

My thoughts exactly !!!

Wheel Nut:
Im fairly certain that cigarette lighter sockets are 12 volt but dont come running to me if you fry your new appliance. :unamused:

My experience of cig sockets is the opposite, they’re almost always 24V. If there’s a lighter in it then you can usually tell cos it usually says so on it somewhere if you take it out and have a look.

Paul

repton:

Wheel Nut:

My experience of cig sockets is the opposite, they’re almost always 24V. If there’s a lighter in it then you can usually tell cos it usually says so on it somewhere if you take it out and have a look.

Paul

Im sure your right paul.Ihad a 95xf 7yrs ago before retiring,the ciggy lighter was 24v but on the passenger side of the centre console there was a plug which was 12v.

i have a 55 plate super space cab, and the ciggy lighter is 24v in that.

daf should have got this sorted by now.

:open_mouth: Most ciggy lighters are 24V so don’t be tempted.

why not borrow your mates 12 volt kettle if it survives you have a 12 volt socket

both the sockets in my 53 plate XF are 24 volt, i’ve checked them both with a volt meter. I agree with the previous points made in this day and age there should be 12 volt sockets as well, they can put 12 volt to the radio!!!

They are both 24v in the 53 - 06 plate 95’s I drive… Fortunately my satnav works off either 12 or 24, but for my new LCD telly, I bought a 12 converter last week, as it is lighter to carry around than a chuncky mains converter…
It takes 12-24 IN and outputs 1.5 - 12v at 2amps… Sufficient for most ‘media’ applications (NOT KETTLES :smiley: )
Cost £9, but higher power ones are available…
Available from most trucky type garages…
HTH’s

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses: