Cheshire Hauliers

Bewick:

GAZ70:
what ever thread is causing mither you can bet on the ■■■■■■■■ mafia lurching in the back ground :wink:

Is that the smell of bull [zb]? oh’ no it’s only Gaz sticking his “two penarth” in !!! :laughing: :unamused:

the truth hurts mate,thought you’d bite :slight_smile:

SSPROS1965:
Hi there

When looking around on the internet I found these sites with good photos.

Brit European/Carmans flickr.com/photos/roadtransp … 774892159/

BIS Congleton & Chelford Quarries flickr.com/photos/roadtransp … 352876335/

Elsby flickr.com/photos/roadtransp … 421818718/

Arclid Transport flickr.com/photos/roadtransp … 345561457/

Cheshire Hauliers flickr.com/groups/1668200@N23/

and lots of others on the site too.

Hope you enjoy them.

Steve[/quo some cracking pic’s of the long gone kenny elsbys,well worth a gander if remember his wobley fleet :wink:

Hiya …i saw this last week i asume its a cheshire lorry but can’t remember seeing it before

John

Where did ur see that little gem, I want it

3300John:
Hiya …i saw this last week i asume its a cheshire lorry but can’t remember seeing it before

John

Burland Group trading as amongst others Copeland’s Coaches now based by the BP garage on the A50 at Meir.

Ben9:

3300John:

John

Burland Group trading as amongst others Burn’s Coaches now based by the BP garage on the A50 at Meir.

Hiya the erf is in rush green now.
John

heres a good pic lads with the man himself with a few of the fleet. thanks to kev chadwick for the pic and he was one of the drivers at ELBOWS… :laughing:

class pic that mate thanks for sharing

Hiya i would think a few of you will like this photo…its not mine it belongs to ERF.

John

3300John:
Hiya i would think a few of you will like this photo…its not mine it belongs to ERF.

John

nice one…from paul

Brill photo, is that the one that was on the cover of the mag chassis, my dad worked for Gordon and I’ve spent many a hour on that yard, did have a fleet list somewhere, there was either 74 or 76 on the list and would like to thank jim forrester the garage manager for all the badges and stuff he used to give, I wanted a Gardner 150 badge off a damaged grill once he said no probs take the grill, I won’t say what me dad said when I dragged it to the car! What a fleet of lorries that was, mint

Telekonsteve:
Brill photo, is that the one that was on the cover of the mag chassis, my dad worked for Gordon and I’ve spent many a hour on that yard, did have a fleet list somewhere, there was either 74 or 76 on the list and would like to thank jim forrester the garage manager for all the badges and stuff he used to give, I wanted a Gardner 150 badge off a damaged grill once he said no probs take the grill, I won’t say what me dad said when I dragged it to the car! What a fleet of lorries that was, mint

Hiya …i worked with a few ex plants drivers. when gordon shut shop S Coopers at Bollington was just growing and they started there.
Charlie robbo i was talking to last week…If E.R.F. sees this photo he may print the origanal as i.ve photo’ed it off the screen.
John

doby3926:
heres a good pic lads with the man himself with a few of the fleet. thanks to kev chadwick for the pic and he was one of the drivers at ELBOWS… :laughing:

That’s a cracking picture, Ken did a lot of work to East Anglia and loaded back out of Yarmouth very often, mostly from Norfolk Line and sometimes the ABC Wharf. He bought a couple of Fodens from Perfects, VEX 29L and GEX 562N and they were knackered when we finished with them but he kept them working hard for a good few years. But the one motor he ran that stands out in my mind was a two- stroke S20 six wheeled unit, I’m not too sure about the reg. it could have been MRO ■■? and a bloke with the nickname of “Tiny” had it for a while. I would love to see a photo of it, maybe Kev Chadwick has one in his collection. Regards to all Haddy Gt.Yarmouth.

haddy:

doby3926:

That’s a cracking picture, Ken did a lot of work to East Anglia and loaded back out of Yarmouth very often, mostly from Norfolk Line and sometimes the ABC Wharf. He bought a couple of Fodens from Perfects, VEX 29L and GEX 562N and they were knackered when we finished with them but he kept them working hard for a good few years. But the one motor he ran that stands out in my mind was a two- stroke S20 six wheeled unit, I’m not too sure about the reg. it could have been MRO ■■? and a bloke with the nickname of “Tiny” had it for a while. I would love to see a photo of it, maybe Kev Chadwick has one in his collection. Regards to all Haddy Gt.Yarmouth.

im a good mate of kev chad im pretty sure he dont have a pic of that lorry. tiny is les barnes dont know of his wereabouts now ■■ regards paul

doby3926:

haddy:

doby3926:

im a good mate of kev chad im pretty sure he dont have a pic of that lorry. tiny is les barnes dont know of his wereabouts now ■■ regards paul

last time i saw tiny he was at Shirley’s transport . and was living in a camper van. he didn’t last long with them though :astonished:

the flying foden:

doby3926:

haddy:

doby3926:

last time i saw tiny he was at Shirley’s transport . and was living in a camper van. he didn’t last long with them though :astonished:

iv just heard tinys in crewe driving a low loader for some one paul

would that be the earth moving out fit from crewe who’s name escapes me for the time being . a maroon sort of colour frizel ■■ may be

Many thanks for the replies FF and Doby. I remember Tiny working for John Bailey after Elsbys and after that I met him in Cardiff one night and he was driving a little four-wheeler for for some engineering firm, a long time ago mind you. By the way Flying Foden, Pete Willis rings me up from time to time, it was you who put me in touch with him, remember? I’m very gratefull for that. He’s on continental now and seems happy.
Doby, is Kevin Chadwick related to Chadwick’s Transport? I think I can remember him, was he a big lad?
Another old boy I used to know was Roger Nankievel an owner/driver from Crewe, he had a Marathon then a Foden and was known as Shadow Transport.
He probably would be past retireing age by now. Regards Haddy,Gt. Yarmouth.

haddy:
Many thanks for the replies FF and Doby. I remember Tiny working for John Bailey after Elsbys and after that I met him in Cardiff one night and he was driving a little four-wheeler for for some engineering firm, a long time ago mind you. By the way Flying Foden, Pete Willis rings me up from time to time, it was you who put me in touch with him, remember? I’m very gratefull for that. He’s on continental now and seems happy.
Doby, is Kevin Chadwick related to Chadwick’s Transport? I think I can remember him, was he a big lad?
Another old boy I used to know was Roger Nankievel an owner/driver from Crewe, he had a Marathon then a Foden and was known as Shadow Transport.
He probably would be past retireing age by now. Regards Haddy,Gt. Yarmouth.

hi haddy, yes kevs uncle jack owned chadwick transport he worked for him for a few years he moved to crs sandbach, thats were i worked for 21 years kev on a firm now called BRENTAG tankers carring hypercloric acid was( hayes chemicals) i know rodger to hes retired now, im in crewe to and retired too
all the best paul

Many thanks for that one Paul, I’m glad to know Roger is still around. Please give him my best regards when you next see him. All the best Dave ex LG Perfect Haulage, Gt.Yarmouth. ( Haddy )