Change of career. But is it worth it?

Jmarks1227:

ROG:

Jmarks1227:
Has anyone any information about expert training academy, deeside?
I messaged them before joining the forum an have received a quote back for 1600 for class C with everything in that price cpc medical theory.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That is only a few miles from Flint where Chevron is based … I know which I would choose …

Yea looking at it chevron seem the better company. Have their own test centre which is handy an cpc also onsite.
Will contact them to get more details

Say hello to John for me :smiley:

ROG:

Jmarks1227:

ROG:

Jmarks1227:
Has anyone any information about expert training academy, deeside?
I messaged them before joining the forum an have received a quote back for 1600 for class C with everything in that price cpc medical theory.

That is only a few miles from Flint where Chevron is based … I know which I would choose …

Yea looking at it chevron seem the better company. Have their own test centre which is handy an cpc also onsite.
Will contact them to get more details

Say hello to John for me :smiley:

I’ve just rang an spoke to them an got some brief information. Course an prices.
Going to sort my medical provisional an get brushed up on the theory in the meantime. This time of year bit much of an outlay money wise so close to Christmas. Get myself in a good position to start training in the new year. An book in with chevron then, only 45 minutes from my house. An 25 minutes from my current work place. Which is handy.

Chevron is a good choice. John has the same passion for the job as me. His facilities are up to DVSA standard and he is a fellow approved trainer with NVDIR.

All his instructors are NVDIR tested, registered and approved. So, in many ways, very similar to us.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Jmarks1227:

ItsJoe:
EPL is the company that screwed me over. They put me with an agency driver who wasn’t qualified for the job. It wasn’t until I was £2k+ in and after another failed test that he told me he hasn’t trained anybody for 10 years. The DVSA examiner told me to find a new trainer as I was “being taught bad habits”.

I thought the owner Brad was a good fella at first as well. It was after I emailed him to complain about the training I received he turned sour. Refused to accept blame but instead told me to grow some balls and stop blaming others for my failed tests.

I went with another training provider and the difference was night and day. Passed my cat C with them first time and done my artic with them. There are so many good trainers around, don’t get stuck with them.

This all happened in June/July of 2017, so it is recent by the way.

Joe could I ask who you eventually went with ■■

After reading your previous thread that was brought up. It has seriously given me second thoughts about going with them. Don’t fancy stumping up a good amount of money to get poor quality training or not upto standard training.

Can anyone else recommend a northwest hgv training provider?

I don’t think you can go wrong with Chevron pal. As you can see by replies they’re a reputable company and since becoming a driver I know a couple of people who have passed with them and all talk highly of them.