Ch4 Lawless Britain

If you put the last three posts together you can see that the age old divide and conquer strategy still works. Make it out that one group is to blame for all the ills of society and then get another group to agree with you, whilst getting another group to blame the second group and so on . . . It works, and has worked since time began. And all the time those responsible for the state of society remain untouchable as we fight amongst ourselves.

Stanley Knife:
If you put the last three posts together you can see that the age old divide and conquer strategy still works. Make it out that one group is to blame for all the ills of society and then get another group to agree with you, whilst getting another group to blame the second group and so on . . . It works, and has worked since time began. And all the time those responsible for the state of society remain untouchable as we fight amongst ourselves.

Yep. Worked well enough with Brexit didnt it? :slight_smile: Arron Banks, Peter Hargreaves, Jeremy Hosking, Rupert Murdoch, all telling us that the reason we arent doing as well as we could is because of the EU and the badly paid Eastern Euro workers. Not that they have a disproportionate slice of the cake, and are under taxed on it too! Divide the UK from the EU and beat our wages down further by having us compete with China and India instead of with the EU!

Interesting that you choose those four when you could have chosen from a huge list of establishment names that want us to stay in the EU in order to continue with the free movement of people which has helped to keep wages low.

Stanley Knife:
Interesting that you choose those four when you could have chosen from a huge list of establishment names that want us to stay in the EU in order to continue with the free movement of people which has helped to keep wages low.

Why those 4? Its the top 3 donors to Leave campaign, I believe; not necessarily noted for being friends to "the man on the Clapham omnibus"? Plus the US citizen, formerly an Australian citizen, who has control over much of the UK media. Ill suggest there are some dubious characters on BOTH sides of the argument.

Franglais:
I`ll suggest there are some dubious characters on BOTH sides of the argument.

At least we agree on something.

The first job of government is the defence of the country, everything else is secondary. Yet the funding and overall management of both the MoD and the Police is shocking. Massive cuts, chronic mismanagement. The two most important parts of state are in real trouble. The thing is, it’s all political.

If it wanted to, the government could have a large army, navy etc, properly funded, and a well equipped police force to match. Instead the money is spent on benefits and other social projects.

I mean who can remember the last time they saw a proper beat patrol, with real police, not PCSO’s? Now it’s just people speeding along in cars seemingly not achieving much. It’s all reactive really, certainly where I live. I’m all for the "Interceptors " etc but there just aren’t enough doing that kind of work.

The old argument that “why aren’t you catching rapists?” does hold water to me. Those officers investigated Facebook posts etc COULD be out on the beat, PREVENTING crimes from occurring.

I do t blame the individual officers - they do as ordered by the higher ups. But why isn’t police procedure updated to get people out from behind desks etc. Why aren’t punishments for GBH, robbery and burglary more severe? If the government trebled fines for assualt, hard labour for GBH etc it would be a massive vote winner, yet the government won’t do it? Why?? Mandatory 40 years solitary for using a knife or gun, irrespective of outcome. Second burglary offence? Lifelong tagging, with strict curfew for twenty three hours a day. That would make some think. It just needs someone with some guts to sort it.

I don’t get it.

Agreed.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46106224

Online video showing the grenfell tower as a bonfire investigated by police.

Distasteful? Certainly.
Illegal? Not sure which laws itll come under, I’m sure they’ll make something fit though.
A good use of police resources? Probably not.

Meanwhile…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45514052

Nite Owl:
Grenfell Tower bonfire: Police search property - BBC News

Distasteful? Certainly.
Illegal? Not sure which laws itll come under, I’m sure they’ll make something fit though.

Meanwhile…

They handed themselves in so the police have to react.

Darkside:

Nite Owl:
Grenfell Tower bonfire: Police search property - BBC News

Distasteful? Certainly.

Meanwhile…

They handed themselves in so the police have to react.

Probably for their own protection following the usual social media outrage.

From the BBC article, officers (plural) spent two hours searching the house. Plus the police time investigating and cataloguing the items seized and interviewing SIX suspects. That’s a lot of police hours, time that they could have been a visual presence on the street detering crime.

similar to those that made the video,there will be masses of people who find it amusing.
i always find it unbelievable that people acknowledge socal media as if it matters.
they might want to try and wriggle out of it by using northern ireland as an example as every year on the 12th weekend an effigy of the pope and gerry adams is burned on about 100 different bonfires all over the country just before the balaclava brigade walk in and fire a few unlawfull rounds into the air from their no doubt illegal firearms.
its just pc just plod doing a bit of overkill with the tower being full of non pinks.