Can vosa do you for seat belt?

zippy!:

Cruise Control:

ROG:

zippy!:
before the resident expert comes along, the understudy says… NO.

I was unaware that you both work for the same organisation - my apologies

he’s really a wannabe ,everything he posts always looks suspiciously similar to wikipedia articles ROG :wink: he’s a batternburg man :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heres my wikipedia CC :wink:

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … Policy.pdf

I use the same wikipedia too and I am no guru, but can read and understand some of it :stuck_out_tongue:

VOSA can issue a fixed penalty for no seat belt,but proving it without photographic evidence means
they usually can’t be arsed.

One of our drivers has just been done for not wearing seat belt. Was caught on camera by police parked on exit ramp from M60 near Trafford Park. Not a very good photograph but good enough to identify him as the driver. Not VOSA but it just shows someone is out there at it !!

graybo:
VOSA can issue a fixed penalty for no seat belt,but proving it without photographic evidence means

Really?

I can’t find it. But even if its in there has anyone been done for it yet? I think a lot of drivers will be in the doo doo if they start!

zippy!:

graybo:

Really?

I can’t find it. But even if its in there has anyone been done for it yet? I think a lot of drivers will be in the doo doo if they start!

That is what my tame VE told me,and they haven’t done anyone for it yet.

graybo:

zippy!:

graybo:

Really?

That is what my tame VE told me,and they haven’t done anyone for it yet.

I wouldn’t have a clue mate.

It appears under section 11.16 and the penalty for using a vehicle with defective seat belts is £30FP. Failure to advise passengers or children to belt up is a VW (verbal warning) Using a vehicle without seat belts fitted will also result in a FUE (follow up enquiry)

Police can and do use binoculars from bridges. (even in France) :blush:

As a prosecuting authority there would be nothing to stop a VOSA Examiner from reporting the matter for prosecution, in other words you get a free trip to Court, it just costs money to leave.

There is (at present) no fixed penalty from VOSA for ‘driver failing to wear a seatbelt.’

I view the matter as pretty much one of driver choice (along with motorcyclists wearing crash helmets) It is the law but in my eyes if you don’t want to do it that’s fine by me. Don’t expect any sympathy from me if you are involved in an incident and your reluctance to use or wear safety equipment contributed to your injuries. When on the bike I wear full leathers, boots, gloves and helmet; I like my body parts where they were manufactured to be. When I got knocked off a few years ago (car ignoring a stop sign) the kit did its’ job and I walked away. Before I joined my current employer I spent some time working in a haematology department of a local hospital. One Friday afternoon I got to cross-match 25 units of blood for a biker who had been taken out by a car (biker stopped for red light at pedestrian crossing, car driver didn’t see him or the crossing :open_mouth: ) Long and short of it was the guy survived and made a full recovery because he was wearing the right kit.

I actually get more uptight about horse riders who don’t wear hi-viz and riding hats than I do about drivers (and passengers) not wearing seatbelts. My three quarters of a tonne of stupidity is actually very steady in traffic. But I wouldn’t go out without both hat and body protector. I also want to give drivers the maximum chance to spot us and take our presence into consideration. Interestingly my last ride down the A6006 the truck drivers and the bikers were the most considerate (apart from one 8 legger driver and an artic from a small island to the west of us). The car drivers were the ones that appeared to have a real problem with our presence, Audi drivers in particular. OK, not a scientifically selected group, just as I found things.

Back on topic; it’s not currently a fixed penalty, the one listed in the ESP applies to drivers of PSVs where there is inadequate seatbelt provision for passengers.

So another authorised DCPC trainer is making things up again, yet JAUPT still let continue to authorise them.

truckuk.net/documents/VOSASP … 10.doc.pdf

pgrconstruction.co.uk/

Gee Bee is pretty much spot on with his post, but one thing about the choice if you don’t to wear it, the people who have to pick you up, and sort out the mess don’t get a choice in it :confused: .

Why would you want to take the chance it ain’t smart or clever to smack the windscreen or tarmac very hard.
I posted on another motoring/biker site once about PPE just as a general question because generally when people are wearing the right gear they walk away lighlyish compared to those who don’t. As implied by geebee the kit did what it was intended to protect him.
I suppose the laws are made for the numpties who are too thick or think they are too clever to believe it will never happen to them :unamused: .

I could tell you many stories and show you piccy’s of the results of wearing or not wearing seatbelts, but there will always be those who say, “If i wore a seatbelt i’d have been dead now”.
Same with airbags there are many injuries caused by airbag deployment so do you disable all or remove all your airbags or do you just get on with it because the motor manufacturers and not the lawmakers say it’s safer ?

The majority of other motorists especially truckers will have no sympathy because it could turn a non injury RTC, into an injury and end up causing massive delays because some c**k saw it as their right not to wear a seatbelt :confused:

speedyguy:
The majority of other motorists especially truckers will have no sympathy because it could turn a non injury RTC, into an injury and end up causing massive delays because some c**k saw it as their right not to wear a seatbelt :confused:

I don’t think this post is about any god given rights, more a simple query as to whether VOSA can issue a £30 fixed penalty. As was initially said "No, and then got the information backed up by GeeBee45.

But your post about PPE hits home with me as a keen biker and bikesports fan, when I watch replays of Leon Camier, James Haydon or Karl Harris sliding down the track and then walking away.

youtube.com/watch?v=qRA1OQ8DbfM

youtube.com/watch?v=Cwnne6YvxcU

youtube.com/watch?v=aStFmH5KMho

I put the links in to indulge myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I got stopped by VOSA just over a month ago and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, he was waffling on about me wearing a white t-shirt which makes it really easy to spot, he just advised me to wear one in future as there are some coppers that will do me for not wearing one.

What a load of ball ■■■■■, every trucker wearing white, never gonna happen :unamused:

Governor!:

I got stopped by VOSA just over a month ago and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, he was waffling on about me wearing a white t-shirt which makes it really easy to spot, he just advised me to wear one in future as there are some coppers that will do me for not wearing one.

What a load of ball ■■■■■, every trucker wearing white, never gonna happen :unamused:

I don’t think the VOSA man meant we all had to wear a white t-shirt :laughing:

merc0447:
I don’t know if they still do this but the company i work for has someone on a bridge with binoculars to check seat belt compliance, they do other companies to see how we measure against them.

Well at least they,re doing something worthwhile :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: