VOSA, or not VOSA

I was comming s/b on the A1 this morning about 10.30 just passing Wetherby services and there he was beacons flashing and sat on the hard shoulder,as i got about 500 yrds from him beacons off, indicator on, into lane 1 he gets past the on slip from the services and the beacons come on again and he pulls onto the hard shoulder again,as i went bye i noticed that the Galaxy had no vosa markings,nothing,pretty fashing lights and the driver had a hi-vi coat on but the car had no markings,now would you have followed him or ignored him if he pulled in front of you and put his beacons on to follow. :question: :question: :question:

not followed, very rare for VOSA to pull vehicles over onto the hard shoulder of the main carriageway

Orange beacons mean nothing except beware, no reason to stop.

Difficult thing, if he is a vosa man, you’d be in the [zb] for not stopping, on the other hand, if its Mr Dodgy you would be in even more trouble. only thing i would do is carry on to the nearest services and stop by the police hut if they have one. no “reasonable” copper or vosa man is gonna do you for using your head. (i hope!)
And anyway, vosa would’nt/should’nt pull you on the hard shoulder unless it was something urgent.

Ring the police, they will contact the VOSA and ask for ‘verification’.

I did think[zb] when the lights came on but then he just pulled onto the hardshoulder again,it was only about 2 miles to Boston Spa check point so you would expect to see them around that area.

Motorway maintenance, stop being so paranoid

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928252,-3.269474
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup sounds like the guys who check the motorway phones and the junction boxes for the matrix signs.
Non story im afraid!

msgyorkie:
Yup sounds like the guys who check the motorway phones and the junction boxes for the matrix signs.
Non story im afraid!

■■■■■■■■ it. Beat me by seconds.

if it was VOSA he would have pulled in front of you , illuminated the beacons and ALSO the scrolling message board in the rear window saying FOLLOW ME… calm down , calm down…

Is it any wonder, why trucks are such an easy target for hijackers when drivers are so clueless beggers belief.

weeto:
Is it any wonder, why trucks are such an easy target for hijackers when drivers are so clueless beggers belief.

Is that you Conor? :stuck_out_tongue:

They should look like this, although pictures of them on the hunt are quite rare as everyone is busy wiping their bums when this image appears in the mirror :wink:

The vehicle may ■■■■■■ you to an off road area where you will be met by the “Black Hand Gang”

It looks like the latest serial numbers of the registrations are LX where the original vehicles in 2004 were EU

Plus a VOSA vehicle to stop you must be liveried.

Trukkertone:
if it was VOSA he would have pulled in front of you , illuminated the beacons and ALSO the scrolling message board in the rear window saying FOLLOW ME… calm down , calm down…

I do know the procedure and i don’t kak me pants when they do tug me cos i have nothing to hide, iv’e been in this game over 30 years and i know what i saw and it was NOT a matrix sign maintinance man.

Just for the record, a VOSA guy who was on his way home followed me in his car after i came out of a quarry and he pulled in front of me after i had stopped at my delivery point, which was 6 miles past where he lives because he thought i was overweight.On another occasion, a guy i know driving a transit was stopped by another VOSA bod who was again on his way home,in his car.The transit was a tonne and a half overweight with a defective tyre.

cruisin comet:
Just for the record, a VOSA guy who was on his way home followed me in his car after i came out of a quarry and he pulled in front of me after i had stopped at my delivery point, which was 6 miles past where he lives because he thought i was overweight.On another occasion, a guy i know driving a transit was stopped by another VOSA bod who was again on his way home,in his car.The transit was a tonne and a half overweight with a defective tyre.

And they can approach you any time they like. The only difference is that the Ford Galaxys and the drivers are used for vehicle stops, without a police presence.

Nope not me, i would have thrown my yoghurt out the window at him! :confused:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
Motorway maintenance, stop being so paranoid

You can’t blame a man for being paranoid with all that coke I. The back.