VOSA`s future plans

This is coming in to practise in a few years from now,to explain what they want to do,is as follows,you know the hand held gadgets that they wear on the wrist,the operator compliance traffic light system,red for a bad operator,green for a goody two shoes,soon,they will not stop you,like they do now,it will be contactless,so as they follow you,all the details will show up about the operators history,no need to pull you over.
All over the uk,motorway bridges have anpr cameras,and buried under the tarmac are weight sensors,that detect over weight vehicles while they are in motion,Newport has this system,not sure about other areas.
i gather the technolgy will be via an antenae device,so how far away,they need to be is not known at the moment.

our driver trainer told us the new vosa vans were going to have periscopes fitted :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so they can see what your up too,i thought he was having a laugh but he did seem seious,said hed been out on patrol with them and all the info he was telling us was from the horses mouth
all i could think of was them putting the periscope up and torpedoing all the dodgy trucks to save pulling them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ,what a crazy world,vosa and periscopes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that already happens all thier cars have anpr your details come straight up on the system as soon as you drive past, thats how they decide who to pull. tells them the last time your truck was check at the road side, what score you have "red,amber or green"so already in operation :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

toby1234abc:
All over the uk,motorway bridges have anpr cameras,and buried under the tarmac are weight sensors,that detect over weight vehicles while they are in motion,

road-transport-technology.or … per_22.pdf

ady1:
our driver trainer told us the new vosa vans were going to have periscopes fitted :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well then it must be gospel then. if the trainer said. ffs. :unamused: :unamused:

and if they don’t pull you over, they will spend all day at the BBQ. :laughing:

ady1:
our driver trainer told us the new vosa vans were going to have periscopes fitted :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Brilliant :slight_smile:

Just like my trianer said all digi machines will have wireless adaptors fitted so they can d/l as they drive past.

If that happens ill be getting a signal jammer off ebay lol