Calor and its transport

5thDragoon:
The heavy duty bumpers were a throw back to early ADR regulations when there was a requirement for the tanks to have adequate protection front and rear, the tank rear was part of the tank build, but the front obtained its protection by beefing up the tractor unit. When tilt cabs came on the scene with the Ergo cab from the Leyland group the “cowcatcher” had to be hinged and able to drop down which turned out to be a back breaker.

Thank you! Robert

gravydavey:
A friend sent this image to me so I have no details on it.

An ERF making a delivery at Hydrogen Supplies . Does anyone know why it is a white unit ■■

Another photo of an ERF but have no details.

calor erf 4_resize.jpg

An ex- Monks International Volvo in Uxbridge depot

calor volvo_resize.jpg

sammyopisite:

ERF-Continental:

gravydavey:
I think this is an unusual ERF does anybody know about it ■■?

Not familiar with your registration-system…can you tell me to which Calor-depot
this ERF NGC belonged?

ERF, I recall seeing this in High Wycombe depot ( Princess Risborough ? ) in the late 70s when going in to clean tank out , I did not work for Calor so I cannot be certain.

cheers Johnnie

In general…as I am not familiar with UK-registrations and their relevant location, are the following registrations
also in High Wycombe? Also specific information on the relevant chassis is welcome.

GRX948N , HCF482N, JCF532N and JGV442N

ERF-Continental:

sammyopisite:

ERF-Continental:

gravydavey:
I think this is an unusual ERF does anybody know about it ■■?

Not familiar with your registration-system…can you tell me to which Calor-depot
this ERF NGC belonged?

ERF, I recall seeing this in High Wycombe depot ( Princess Risborough ? ) in the late 70s when going in to clean tank out , I did not work for Calor so I cannot be certain.

cheers Johnnie

In general…as I am not familiar with UK-registrations and their relevant location, are the following registrations
also in High Wycombe? Also specific information on the relevant chassis is welcome.

GRX948N , HCF482N, JCF532N and JGV442N

RX = Berkshire (so including High Wycombe)
CF = West Suffolk
GV = (also) West Suffolk

Robert

Robert

Thank you Robert! I raised these registrations because it could indicate that the relevant chassis
(ERF A) were also NGCs…and perhaps the registration ring a bell somewhere…

Calor Transport in Rotterdam.

The transport man with the Roller was Pete van Ess

5thDragoon:
The transport man with the Roller was Pete van Ess

I’m glad you posted that 5th Dragoon because I have been racking my brain to remember that name. I got the Pete van part but I couldn’t recollect the Ess. I remember him paying a visit to Rushden workshops back in the late 1970’s.

This picture was posted earlier on in this thread. Does anyone know where the picture actually came from? It is clearly a photo of a photo taken with an I-phone or camera. But is the original picture just a photograph or is it in a book, a brochure or something. I’d be interested to know. Cheers, Robert

strange ERF.jpg

This looks like the same vehicle or a similar one parked up on the Continent. The unit, by the way, is an ERF NGC ‘European’. Robert

Calor Transport on B.P. CONTRACT. Photo by Bob Campbell who was the driver

Calor-Gas-chooses-Goodyear-Dunlop-BIG_popup.jpg

A Bob Campbell photo. B.P. contract tanker unloading in Scunthorpe.

ERF with demount.

save 3.jpg

A.N. tanker at Immingham depot.

a.n. tanker.jpg

Foden unit with gastank.

Calor 14_resize.jpg

Calor Transport ERF.

ERF on Diversey contract. A Kevin Tabran photo.