ADR connections

Hello,
I was wondering is there a chance to get into?? Does anybody work for them?? I know Air Products is based in Didcot, BOC - Thame and Calor Gas - Oxford. I know summer is on the way, but I have never seen a tanker job ad before on their websites.

Calor is mostly winter and all drivers work for Manpower,usually recruit about October. B.O.C only taking agency drivers nowadays not sure about air products but B.O.C and air products are pretty much dead mens shoes type of jobs.

Calor gas- Coryton has gone quiet about 2 weeks ago. They only kept as many drivers as they need to run their fleet. Ask around what agency those site use because in here their not only use Manpower, but Calor gas won’t recruit again until the winter period ( October or November )

As a ex air products driver from another depot they used to struggle to get drivers at Didcot as apparently they paid more at tesco down the road know someone started there a month ago so maybe call in with your cv and chance your luck

I’ve just been offered and accepted a job at air products,and yes as its been mentioned seems it’s a dead man shoes type of position.As the contract is quality.

Who’s says class 2 don’t pay.!!!

How is it?? Can you recommend drivers?? How was your way to get into??

BOC are taking on, various areas, google their website.

Avoid BOC at Thame like the plague, they only take on via Pertemps based out of Didcot. You will be working days & nights for the same rate of pay £14 an hour, weekends is extra but the transport manager wont use you because it costs him more than his own drivers and you will be asked last. They will never take you on full time & have not recruited a bulk tanker driver in over 7 years. all the full time drivers there and at other sites (Fawley, Margam, Lichfield, Wembley etc) are queuing up for redundancy. You will also get the worst runs possible after all the full timers have chosen, they will even take runs off you whilst your standing their!!! i was warned not to go there but went anyway, i couldn’t wait to leave and jumped to Flo Gas as a Bulk LNG Tanker Drive,r Flo Gas is fantastic its how BOC was 10 years ago, be wary of Air Products at Didcot as they contract out to Suttons and Suttons are losing Gas contracts to Reynolds. if you want to get into Cryogenic work than go direct with a proper contact full time not 3rd party on agency.

Swiaadek:
How is it?? Can you recommend drivers?? How was your way to get into??

Start on Monday mate,will be the new boy so doubt I could recommend drivers just yet plus they told me I’m the first driver they have taken on for 15 years.!

I saw an advert on indeed for the job and sent my cv off,the rest is history. :wink:

LisasGuy:
Avoid BOC at Thame like the plague, they only take on via Pertemps based out of Didcot. You will be working days & nights for the same rate of pay £14 an hour, weekends is extra but the transport manager wont use you because it costs him more than his own drivers and you will be asked last. They will never take you on full time & have not recruited a bulk tanker driver in over 7 years. all the full time drivers there and at other sites (Fawley, Margam, Lichfield, Wembley etc) are queuing up for redundancy. You will also get the worst runs possible after all the full timers have chosen, they will even take runs off you whilst your standing their!!! i was warned not to go there but went anyway, i couldn’t wait to leave and jumped to Flo Gas as a Bulk LNG Tanker Drive,r Flo Gas is fantastic its how BOC was 10 years ago, be wary of Air Products at Didcot as they contract out to Suttons and Suttons are losing Gas contracts to Reynolds. if you want to get into Cryogenic work than go direct with a proper contact full time not 3rd party on agency.

Can not speak re boc but hopefully more accurate than your air products info their drivers have never worked for suttons they worked for Wincanton for years until recently when they went back in house

ADR, is it just a course similar to the dcpc or does it have an exam at the end?? I’ve been thinking of looking into doin it the last couple of days

selby newcomer:
ADR, is it just a course similar to the dcpc or does it have an exam at the end?? I’ve been thinking of looking into doin it the last couple of days

This should help pal: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053

Evil8Beezle:

selby newcomer:

This should help pal: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053

Thanks mate, very helpful indeed, much appreciated

Alant:

LisasGuy:

Can not speak re boc but hopefully more accurate than your air products info their drivers have never worked for suttons they worked for Wincanton for years until recently when they went back in house

My Apologies Selby i stand corrected, it was Air Liquide and NOT Air Products that Suttons were pulling for, suttons were loading Air Liquide Nitrogen trailers out of BOC Thame. the rest of my post was correct…

I’m still looking for ADR connections. I work as a Tanker Drive and drive 6 wheeler. We deal with LPG - ex BP company. I’d like to jump into artics, but they don’t want to move me on. I went to Didcot Air Products - no jobs and Air Liquid Eynsham - no jobs. I think the best way is to move to petroleum industry. Hoyer is looking for drivers at the moment. What about Texaco, Esso contractors?? Does anybody have connections with ASDA, Morrisons etc. ■■

I’m training today,(Air Products)in Didcot.Fella I’m training with is working through Morson (an agency)
That’s about all I can understand,his English is not so good. :confused:

UPDATE: Air Products Slough depot are looking to recruite drivers.“apparently”

I understand that BOC at Thame have only x2 start times of 0600 & 1800hrs - neither of which was suitable for me