Tyburn Road Tanker Services Ltd

Remember Tyburn have a very tidy and well maintained fleet , has anyone out there any photos , information , etc it would very welcome .

I can’t remember them ,but I think it was A Turnbull iam thinking of down the bottom end of tyburn rd by spaghetti ?

There is reference to Tyburn in the Calor and its transport thread on here.

shugg:
Remember Tyburn have a very tidy and well maintained fleet , has anyone out there any photos , information , etc it would very welcome .

Hi shugg, Think If u try the tanker Thread u Mite get Lucky? Cheers Chris.

Next door neighbour drove for them in the 60s, but cant for the life of me remember his name, drove an A.E.C and used
to park in our street when he was home in Preston, I used to think his motor was awesome. Bit of useless info but every little helps. :sunglasses:

This who you’re looking for? Regards Chris

Jakdaw:
Next door neighbour drove for them in the 60s, but cant for the life of me remember his name, drove an A.E.C and used
to park in our street when he was home in Preston, I used to think his motor was awesome. Bit of useless info but every little helps. :sunglasses:

It could have been my Dad , Jack Cousins, he used to park his Tyburn Tanker on Queens Road off Plungington road, Preston in the 1960s?

shugg:

I will need to dig it out, but I have an article about Tyburn and its history, printed in an edition of Atkinson’s house magazine. c.1967, when the owner had become a non-executive director of Atkinson Lorries (Holdings) Limited. Mr. G.M. le Gosselin apparently had Preston connections, and his family had previously run a well-known haulage business, H Viney & Sons.

I think that, at some time, some elements of a Viney logo and slogan were carried forward to Tyburn. He sold Tyburn to Powell Duffryn, and the fleet took on the PD blue and white livery, although it was later sold on to Calor Transport, and I’ve seen one photo of a Tyburn motor in PD colours, but with a Calor sticker on the door!

Meanwhile, here are some links to Tyburn motors on Flickr:

AEC & TYBURN High Pressure Tanker ( 8517 KX ) by Graham Newell, on Flickr

1966 AEC Mammoth Minor Tyburn Tanker by Colin Pickett, on Flickr

Tyburn Atkinson Tanker by Graham Newell, on Flickr

ATKINSON LORRY DOOR by TruckerPat, on Flic

And a nice scan of a Tyburn advert, after the PD takeover:

flickr.com/photos/135720044 … jCp-vPBGg6

And the Atki with the Calor sticker:

RBH 745H by Terry, on Flickr

Finally, a survivor from the Tyburn fleet:

TBH 974E - BMS by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

adr:
This who you’re looking for? Regards Chris

My dad worked for Tyburn,s out of there depot in Aston-in Makerfield, and also drove one the same as the photo ( AEC chinese 6 ). I can remember going with him delivering Petrol for MOBIL, he would load up in Ellsmere port just down the road from Bowaters !!

There are a few photos of Tyburn motors on the ’ Hauliers in the Ashton in Makerfield area ’ thread shugg, unless you’ve already seen them of course.

Ruskinian:

Jakdaw:

It could have been my Dad , Jack Cousins, he used to park his Tyburn Tanker on Queens Road off Plungington road, Preston in the 1960s?

Hiya mate just seen your post the guy I`m on about lived in the maisonettes in Harrington St, off Adelphi.