Cafe: Markham Moor [Split from feedback forum]

WillyWonker:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Markham Moor is crap for hot meals, never rated the place. Breakfasts are fine but the dinners :open_mouth: I think they find it ok to cremate everything and expect you to accept it as a good meal. Notice when they had the lorry park resurfaced they put the prices up by a fiver to £15, that’s when I stopped parking there.

Well it doesn’t take the brains of an Archbishop to work out that resurfacing 5 acres of tarmac doesn’t come cheap does it? :blush:

How much?

Mostly Jocks that use it now. Coming from the land of deep fried pizza it’s probably like a Michelin star restaurant to them. :slight_smile:

$$$:
Mostly Jocks that use it now. Coming from the land of deep fried pizza it’s probably like a Michelin star restaurant to them. :slight_smile:

“Ye may gang far and fare waur”
As they say up at Stracathro. The weirdest truck stop on earth… great food - scary facilities.

Markham is just good for parking, reasonably secure and you can usually get well away from the reefers.

Don’t park there on Friday if you want a lay in on Saturday though. You have to be off site at 0600.

Someone mentioned Shepshed, had the trots last time I stayed there.

seth 70:

fdm:
Passed it today, glad I had a heads up. Stopped at Penrith instead. Good omelette, and free wifi.
What’s not to like. Will stop again.

If I come down there again…

Real trampers don’t have regular stops we take it as it comes.

Stopped at penrith instead,its arf a shift away from markham moor :open_mouth:

That’s what I thought.

Stopped at shepshed for a 45 and lunch a few weeks ago. Delicious food, spotless facilities.
I liked it so much, I stopped in again the next day in my own car when going to pick up a new wobble box from darn sarf, both directions.
Great food. Proper tarmac, good security, nice bar.
I’d definitely overnight there if I needed to.

Shandy123:
Stopped at shepshed for a 45 and lunch a few weeks ago. Delicious food, spotless facilities.
I liked it so much, I stopped in again the next day in my own car when going to pick up a new wobble box from darn sarf, both directions.

It is good - although fills up quick, especially fridays when all Sherwoods drivers park up for the weekend

Blue Day:

Shandy123:

It is good - although fills up quick, especially fridays when all Sherwoods drivers park up for the weekend

Only thing to watch for is that the parking is for 15hrs, unless you pay for extra, though that will rarely catch anyone out, but just bare it in mind if you are parking mid afternoon for a next morning local delivery.

Got to agree that the food is worth a stop, and the showers aren’t quite as communal these days !! free wifi too :wink:

eddie snax:

Blue Day:

Shandy123:

Only thing to watch for is that the parking is for 15hrs, unless you pay for extra, though that will rarely catch anyone out, but just bare it in mind if you are parking mid afternoon for a next morning local delivery.

Got to agree that the food is worth a stop, and the showers aren’t quite as communal these days !! free wifi too :wink:

£3:50 a pint tho …

Blue Day:

eddie snax:

Blue Day:

Shandy123:

£3:50 a pint tho …

surely that’s not that far out on price :sunglasses:

Jingle Jon:
As they say up at Stracathro. The weirdest truck stop on earth… great food - scary facilities.

This the one Jingle Jon ■■?

Cafe.jpg

Scotnat:

Jingle Jon:

Parking area is best tackled in a moon buggy

peterm:

seth 70:

fdm:
Passed it today, glad I had a heads up. Stopped at Penrith instead. Good omelette, and free wifi.
What’s not to like. Will stop again.

If I come down there again…

Real trampers don’t have regular stops we take it as it comes.

Stopped at penrith instead,its arf a shift away from markham moor :open_mouth:

That’s what I thought.

Took you three years to make that reply? Are you from Norfolk?

eddie snax:

You seem dissapointed about that ■■? :laughing:

Scotnat:

Jingle Jon:

Aye!
Can’t knock the food, but it’s a braver man than me who would take a shower.

raymundo:

eddie snax:

You seem dissapointed about that ■■? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

Proper old fashioned showers when Men were Men that’s what they were, TBH I would rather have a bit of privacy it is the 21st century :wink:

Scotnat:

Jingle Jon:

Eye spent many a nit there, food good, staff strange, facilities from the dark ages.

Scotnat:

Jingle Jon:

I love that place. I almost always nearly buy a plastic Loch Ness Monster in a kilt…and then I don’t!