truck stops,

I can really recommend this stop. Good food at good prices. Secure parking (cctv and watchman). Only thing missing is showers but apparently they are working at resolving this issue…

Fileep:
I was in janes cafe last week, car park seemed ok. Food was good, not sure about opening hours though? Does anyone use Markham Moor? last time I was in there it wasn’t that good!

Not been in janes for about 15yrs,then the park was crap,the toilets not much better,but the food was excellent all home made. I used to call fairly regular then and she was having probs with locals complaining about the noise.Never overnighted because they used to shut the park about 7.00pm and didn’t open it again till 6.00am,shame about that.
regards dave.

When i used to bunk off school and go with my dad, we used to go to the cafe exactly opposite Janes. It was bloody brilliant, id never seen a plate as big as the ones they had there! I was surprised it shut down a long time ago.

whats the crack with the TS just down from blyth services? ive never seen a truck parked at the place, and its def open :question:
also i see alconbury which was £10 to park not too long ago, is now £12-50, but they is a sign saying due to the vat rise, its going up to £15 :imp: without getting my calculator out a 2.5% rise isnt from £12-50 to £15 :imp:

dazaster:
whats the crack with the TS just down from blyth services? ive never seen a truck parked at the place, and its def open :question:
also i see alconbury which was £10 to park not too long ago, is now £12-50, but they is a sign saying due to the vat rise, its going up to £15 :imp: without getting my calculator out a 2.5% rise isnt from £12-50 to £15 :imp:

best get your calculator out as according to my reckoning that is a 20% hike

dazaster:
:

I stopped there on Friday. It’s called Flo’s Cafe.Decent enough breakfast,choice of 3. £1.99,£4 and £5 iirc.Had the £4 option,2 bacon,2 sausage,egg,toms,fried slice and drink.Clean inside and spacious,seating for 60.And for Rob K,they have proper chairs so you can sit as far away from the table as you wish :laughing: :laughing: Clean toilets.Was speaking to Flo,think she said she is hoping to get showers fitted soon.
Only downside is a very small parking area at the back of the cafe.Probably get 5 or 6 artics in,if they all park pretty (unlike the Woodhead Brothers driver when I went in,who had just abandoned his wagon in the middle of nowhere :imp: :imp: ) Flo was saying that she is hoping to do something with the parking area sooner rather than later.Said she has no problems with wagons parking on the car park at the front of the building.
Overnight parking is free at the mo,but she is going to start charging from the end of March.Thinks it will probably be a fiver.

Wasnt it called Jaynes place before?

Imp:

Forgot about that one :blush: That’s just up the Bawtry road from Blyth services.I assumed Dazaster was talking about the one just south of Blyth on the A1,where the slip-road from the village comes out.

Highlander:

Imp:

Forgot about that one :blush: That’s just up the Bawtry road from Blyth services.I assumed Dazaster was talking about the one just south of Blyth on the A1,where the slip-road from the village comes out.

Oh I know where you meen now that ones changed hands loads of times, cant see how it ever makes any money as it was.

Imp:
Oh I know where you meen now that ones changed hands loads of times,

Flo was saying that’s a problem she’s got to overcome,has got a bad reputation because of all the changes of owner.From what I saw on Friday,I would deffo stop there again.

Highlander:

Imp:

Janes was a cracking cafe,i bin parked up 10yrs but the last time i as in she was having trouble with a neibour resulting in having to shut at 6.30pm and not open before 6.30am.It was a real shame,only downfalls were the toilets[very sparse]and the park big potholes and muddy.Is it still open?
regards dave.

I was in janes cafe last week, car park seemed ok. Food was good, not sure about opening hours though? Does anyone use Markham Moor? last time I was in there it wasn’t that good!

Highlander:

Imp:

yes m8 the one just south of the services.

Think the one just south of Blyth on A1 has a bit of an exit problem…no acceleration lane onto a fast and busy dual c/way isnt the best idea,
went past today and it did look like they were doing some work round the back of the cafe, hopefully they get permission to put a slip road in, although the cost of that might be a bit too much.

Fileep:

i use it abit.
for a tenner, i think its ok, always clean and tidy, both restaraunt and toilets/showers.
food can sometimes look like its sat under the hot lights a while, but on the whole, i think its pretty good.
alot worse, at 20 quid plus a night.

toowise:
hopefully they get permission to put a slip road in, although the cost of that might be a bit too much.

I mentioned this,and she said the land at the side of the road belongs to Highways Agency so they would want an absolute fortune to build a new slip-road.

toowise:
.no acceleration lane onto a fast and busy dual c/way isnt the best idea,

TBH,when I left on Friday it was fairly easy to get out onto the A1. OK,not as busy as it could have been,but approaching traffic is well sighted and has time to pull into outside lane without any drama.