C+E Test Fail

Evening all… been a while since I last posted on here.

Sat a C+E test today and failed, I only got 3 minors and 1 dangerous.

I was driving and came to a cross road junction with my traffic signal on green, as I crossed through the lights they then turned red (I was about a quarter of the way through)

The traffic travelling in the opposite direction to me came to a stop as there light had also turned red and on my side of the road there is a parked car which is half on the path and half on the road…

So at this point I have standstill traffic on my right side, a parked car blocking my lane but the back end of my trailer is blocking part of the junction I’ve just come through.

I crept the truck forward towards the parked car to clear the junction behind, I was going a couple MPH at the most and as I got closer to the car the examiner screams stop, steer right your going to hit that car!

At this point I’ve looked at the front mirror and I can see there’s plenty of room but just came to a stop anyway.

A van in the traffic on my right side adjusted himself and moved up the kerb to make room for my to come through.

I get back to the test Center and examiner says I failed because of the above incident, I told him I was trying to clear the junction and that I could see there was enough room between me and the parked car and I was fully aware of what I was doing to which he then said that a van had to move because of me and that I bullied my way through.

Absolute bllcks! Really wound me up.

What are you supposed to do if there is always going to be oncoming traffic with the vehicle parked there :question:
If you stop before the junction you could cause a major hold up for possibly hours :exclamation:

I would like to know what the examiner expected you to do

I’m with ROG. From what you’ve written it seems like a loose loose situation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Were you inching forward when the oncoming van mounted the kerb? If so then I can possibly see why the examiner took it as you ‘bullying your way through’. If you were stationary and the van driver took it upon themselves to mount the kerb to make room for you to get past then I can’t see how you could be failed for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a map view of the junction?

I would have just thrown on a right indicator to signal you wanted to get past the parked car and waited for the traffic on your right to clear or be given way.

ItsJoe:

I would have just thrown on a right indicator to signal you wanted to get past the parked car and waited for the traffic on your right to clear or be given way.

When would you have applied that signal because it would be confusing before entering the junction and too late when nearing the parked vehicle

Sorry to hear of your fail. You need to accept it and let it go or it will eat away at you.

It’s impossible for anyone to correctly comment on here as they weren’t there.

All the best next time.

Paul

Don’t stress about it. The test is Bs atleast you know you can pass it you just need the right examiner and a bit of luck.

ROG:

ItsJoe:

When would you have applied that signal because it would be confusing before entering the junction and too late when nearing the parked vehicle

It’s hard to say without seeing where the incident took place - but if I’m imagining it correctly I would have put a signal on as I was halfway into the junction and positioned myself inbetween the gap of the parked car and traffic on the right. That way you would be making it somewhat obvious as to what it is you’re trying to do.

I was always told when on test that if you think it’s going to be a squeeze to get through then you should either back off and wait for it not to be a squeeze or if you really must go then give the examiner a heads up off your intentions and be constantly in your mirrors checking for clearance.

ItsJoe:
It’s hard to say without seeing where the incident took place - but if I’m imagining it correctly I would have put a signal on as I was halfway into the junction and positioned myself inbetween the gap of the parked car and traffic on the right. That way you would be making it somewhat obvious as to what it is you’re trying to do.

From what the OP stated that would have meant leaving the rear of the lorry blocking the junction

It is a no win situation caused by a parked vehicle