C+E Licence Run Out-Happy or Sad!

Oh dear !!! Just been on the Gov, web site to check my CPC and it runs out 9th Sept 2019 ( thought it ran out with licience in Jan ) and had thought not to bother.
Question, Do I renew again in Jan to wring it out for another 8 months till CPC finishes ■■? Only a Sunday shift these days but I still enjoy it ( the crap will allways be there ) or should I settle for the garden duties ■■?
What do you think lads ■■?
Harvey

You’ve done your bit…but stuff the gardening, just become a man of leisure (like wot I am) :smiley:
49 years I did and never actually got used to it…2 weeks after retirement I realised I’d been in the wrong job for 49 years because retirement was right up my street…took to it like a duck to water. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. but if anybody want an AEC Mk V driving…I’m yer man. (or anything with a 290 ■■■■■■■ and a Fuller.) :laughing:

You will miss driving Harvey, I still do after 15+ years away from it, but the trick is to keep yourself busy. I do the housework, cooking, washing, shopping etc plus assist neighbours with odd jobs besides tinkering with my two vehicles plus old engines and machinery etc. I fully intended getting involved with voluntary work or assisting somebody with a truck restoration project or similar but just haven’t had the time!! Worst thing you can do is be idle, keep yourself active and just enjoy ‘driving’ via this forum when you get a few minutes spare and believe me when folk find you have certain skills and are willing to help out when needed you will rarely be out of work.

Pete.

HRS:
Oh dear !!! Just been on the Gov, web site to check my CPC and it runs out 9th Sept 2019 ( thought it ran out with licience in Jan ) and had thought not to bother.
Question, Do I renew again in Jan to wring it out for another 8 months till CPC finishes ■■? Only a Sunday shift these days but I still enjoy it ( the crap will allways be there ) or should I settle for the garden duties ■■?
What do you think lads ■■?
Harvey

I’m definitely :wink: :wink: not renewing mine :laughing: :laughing: I’ll be 72 when the dcpc runs out, time’s up for me then.Regards Kev.

I’m just in the process of renewing mine for the last time as I’m retiring in October and moving to Canada to be a man of leisure, I can’t wait, Wife is going in July. Bring it on, started as a drivers mate in 1970 so I’ve done my bit.

just sat and read all this thread but I kind of get the feeling that a lot say they don’t miss it but I don’t agree because if that’s what you did for fifty years from a youngen you have to miss it to a degree, having said that I do think the whole transport game has changed but be sure that if you are retired now you definitely had the best years in the game.
At 68 and been involved pretty much all my life in transport it has changed beyond recognition today of how most of us remember it, still have my own 14 ton cattle truck and would rather drive that any day over a car but I do dread the annual MOT for me as well as the truck. when recollecting my experiences over the years I would not have changed a thing and I think when I finally have to pack it in I for one will miss it how can you not when one has put so much in to it over the years, maybe there is a difference of just driving for some one else over building up and running you own company, oh the stress of it all cheers Buzzer.

Thanks all !!! you are all correct, I must learn to grow up and put my toys away when I have finished with them.
BUT, have you never heard a child say, Mum, Mum, please can I play for a bit longer.
Nice pic of the Scania down the Cenis Buzzer, Harvey.

windrush:
You will miss driving Harvey, I still do after 15+ years away from it, but the trick is to keep yourself busy. I do the housework, cooking, washing, shopping etc plus assist neighbours with odd jobs besides tinkering with my two vehicles plus old engines and machinery etc. I fully intended getting involved with voluntary work or assisting somebody with a truck restoration project or similar but just haven’t had the time!! Worst thing you can do is be idle, keep yourself active and just enjoy ‘driving’ via this forum when you get a few minutes spare and believe me when folk find you have certain skills and are willing to help out when needed you will rarely be out of work.

Pete.

Sound advice Pete, I could do with someone like you living next door to me, just reading what you do “now” makes me want to sit down. Cheers and thanks again. Harvey

HRS:

windrush:

Pete.

Sound advice Pete, I could do with someone like you living next door to me, just reading what you do “now” makes me want to sit down. Cheers and thanks again. Harvey

Like Pete I don’t have time to do all the things I want to! Sundays I plan and ride the route for the , “Old Codgers” Cycle Group I run, Monday with the “Codgers” we ride the route ,usually about 25 miles. Now the weather has improved i look after mine and my elderly neighbour’s gardens, that takes quite a bit of time, Thursday is my volunteer driving day for the ladies of the local Blind Club. They are fantastic and as mad as a box of frogs!! I also do a trailer change at Immingham usually on a Friday or Saturday. As you can see I don’t have much spare time on my hands. This retirement is so relaxing!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I also try to get a bike ride in mid week, as well as cycling the 10 miles to work and back on Friday depending on the weather.Regards Kev.

Hi Kev, Nice to see you keeping fit , Are your taste buds ready for some Barley Sqeezings yet ■■?, I have some top tasting stuff in my Single Malt Safe, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Kev, Nice to see you keeping fit , Are your taste buds ready for some Barley Sqeezings yet ■■?, I have some top tasting stuff in my Single Malt Safe, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Aye Larry, the taste buds are ready, but the stomach says different. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Aye Larry, the taste buds are ready, but the stomach says different. :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: regards Kev.

Oh Dear thats a real bumma Kev, But I will save your share in my stash for the next drivers bash, I have some high voltage P 6 first turn of the key starter gear, 57 volt plus lots more, Im just having a 46 volt Ardmore before I fill my tacho in & jump into the old bunk, :smiley: :laughing: :angry: , Regards Larry.

started in 1953 has a boy working for H.Smails , passed my test when 17 on a Morris commercial 1955, apart from 2 years national service I was in haulage all my working life, retired 2003, have I missed it NO, retirement magic. doing what I want when I want :smiley: :smiley:

Didn’t realise you were 80 Jim, well done mate and your right retirement is magic! Maybe see you soon at the Tyne Tees Run, cheers Franky.