Who has kept these

Who is as sad as me & kept the old HGV Licence book?

Sad I know , but was one of the best feelings I ever had when i passed the class 1.

Well I must be sad too as I still have mine somewhere in the house, I only sat one driving test & that was in a car, I got my HGV Class 1 on the grandfather rights thing , Like I did with the CPC To run a haulage company, How things have changed Eh, Regards Larry.

My old HGV went out with the rest of the rubbish years ago. However, I still have my old chap’s licence from the days when men were men!

I don’t have my first HGV licence from the early 70s but I’ve got a couple of my later ones from the 80s.

still got mine in a folder with all my other driving paraphenalia although I did not renew mine this year as I had health problems diabetes and the like , I could still get it back if I take the medicals but can`t see the point now as I have no desire to drive a lorry again, funny I still have my old mans licences and his army demob book not got the heart to throw them away god bless him. fredm

I have kept mine, and the paper one from before the book, and the paper “All Types” PSV licence and the badge (BB62286). My lad thinks I’m a sad old bugga. :smiley:

Likewise I have all mine…lol sad eh. I too did not have to sit HGV test but did National and International CPC.

Hiya i had a fire a while back and burned everything…it’ll save some other soft sod doing it when i croke.
it’ll maybe against the law to burn anything in a couple of years time knowing what these ministers keep
going on about with global warming and pollution…i’ll leave on a happy note…maybe guy forks should
burned down that place
cheers have a good day
John

I’ve got all mine going back to the little red book.
Passed my test in the army on an armoured car then a tank, back in the’60’s. That one licence then covered you to drive anything.
Never taken another test as my HGV licence was granted under “grandfather” rights.

Thanks guys make’s me feel normal now lol.

ubym344:
I still have my old mans licences and his army demob book not got the heart to throw them away god bless him. fredm

ubym344
dont get this mixed up with the saddo bit …not one bit mate.

I still have my Dad’s papers from when he was a A1 rated Fleet air arm flight mechanic on the fighter planes
on-board the aircraft carriers during the war. This to ME is a family heirloom & I will be passing this to one of
my son’s ,who I hope will pass it onto one of my Granchildren.
Keeping your Dad’s papers a will never be ,can never be sad as they gave up there live’s ,sadly some literally,
for us, we must always tell our children & pass it on.

Hi, Folks , I have kept all mine the red book ,brown and black , H G V ,pluss my P S V , have them all but had to hang up my H,G,V, and P,S,V ,OWING to my back legs giving up the goat ,Cheers Barry

Here is another couple of obsolete things

think the old lady threw mine when the new green paper ones came out, oh and the old AA international ones that takes me back when I 1st went to Africa :sunglasses: .
Got my brown book when I was in the TA at Horfield often towing a 27 1/2 kva Geny on a A-frame oh what fun that was the first time

Still got mine along with first cpc and operators licence for 2 vehicles from early 70s, memories. :frowning: :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :slight_smile:

Retired Old ■■■■:
My old HGV went out with the rest of the rubbish years ago. However, I still have my old chap’s licence from the days when men were men!

…and sheep were frightened!!!

kennyjohnson:
Here is another couple of obsolete things

The IDP is still valid, and a requirement for various places.
For a short time in 2013, Florida required overseas drivers to have one (later repealed), but I got one before travelling there 6 weeks back.

5thwheel:

Retired Old ■■■■:

…and sheep were frightened!!!

didn’t know you had to have a licence to have chap’s :wink: :wink: :wink:

Bloody hell !! unbelievable !! I had completely forgotten about my first HGV licence. I still can’t understand why I don’t have mine now. I know I was miffed when I sent it away for renewal years ago and received a cheap looking thing in place of those wonderful black woven books which meant ‘you had arrived’. Ah well not to worry, luckily I have all my late father’s driving licences so this is the ideal opportunity to post some pictures here. His licences were pre HGV and were referred to as ‘All Groups’ meaning he could drive anything !!

Hi Gardensmoke, nice collection of you late dads licences ,5 shillings was a lot of money then .it looks as if the war years kept him other ways occupied.They would be welcomed at a transport museum , social history.

Gutted and now jealous as hell of those that have theirs.

Sent mine back one year for renewal to Birkbeck House (almost sure that was the address in Nottm) and a sheet of glorified bog roll returned in its place, had no idea the bleeders would just scrap the only true record of a driver’s progress from the day they passed the test.

Like the current registration document, much preferred the old style vehicle log books too.