Buses, coaches, & lorries

and the same 900dbd interior and exterior , quality not great as they’re photo copied from a book

tony

a couple of my dads original coaches

tony

Another 900, (B900WRN).
Ribble bought this Leyland Tiger which was fitted with the last Duple Dominant bus body built.

Northern Counties bodied Leyland Titan PD2 30 new to Wigan Corporation Nov 1958, all credit to Mikey for sharing, a fellow flickrite.
Oily

oiltreader:
Northern Counties bodied Leyland Titan PD2 30 new to Wigan Corporation Nov 1958, all credit to Mikey for sharing, a fellow flickrite.
Oily

Thanks to Oily for the Wigan Corporation picture, the location looks like the
Manchester Transport Museum at Boyle Street, Manchester. Cheers, Ray.

Moore-collection.jpg
Browns Blue ,biggish company based Markfield Leicestershire. Looks like St Margarets bus station Leicester

Hi Larry, South Shields well represented in the Tyne Bridge traffic queue with a CU registered Hillman than the Northern Guy Arab Mk1V with 5LW Gardner and Weymann bodywork. CU 6322 was new in July 1954 looks like there were a few more Northern Guys following all heading for Worswick St.
Cheers,Leyland 600.

This Leyland Tiger Cub, formerly fleet number 20 with Wigan Corporation, is seen at Library Street in Wigan town centre,
ready to set off on route 624 to Bottling Wood, an area about a mile and a half from town. It became fleet number 1875
in the Greater Manchester Transport numbering system. From the late 1970s, it spent a number of years on the island of
Malta in the Mediterranean Sea, and is now back home in Wigan being restored. Picture by Mike Penn.

The second picture is number 20 when it was brand new, parked at Melverley Street bus garage. The chap at the wheel is
Inspector Tommy Taylor, who was a PSV driving instructor, as well as an Inspector. He looks a bit like Mr.McKay from " Porridge ".

Inverness today, van in for a recall so had a wander, loitering in the cold and later snow got the better o me, had to scarper for cover :laughing:
Oily

Two great pictures Eddie, I really like the colour scheme on the Irizar 6 wheeler. Cheers, Ray.

Buses & Lorries: Charles Alexander, Leylands, Leeds City Transport and Mitchell and Butlers

archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … ators-view

I wonder if anyone can help please? I’m trying to trace an old Rossendale Transport bus that was kept in an haulage yard in either East Lancashire or Greater Manchester, but I’m not sure if it is still there. Its registration number is SND 550X and it was painted in a mainly cream livery with maroon bands. It was owned by a guy called Dave Roberts. It was a East Lancs bodied Bristol LH.

Can anyone remember it or knows if its still being kept somewhere.

gsy4

i’ve got a book on the history of malta’s buses , here’s a few pics i’ve scanned. got it in a bookshop in sliema years ago

tony

One for the coachwork knowledgeables.
Oily

This Leyland bodied Leyland PD2 is in Wigan town centre at the start of its journey
on route 19 to Windy Arbour. The terminus for route 19 was above a motorway
bridge of the M6 motorway between junctions 25 and 26, and while I think that
route 19 no longer exists, the lay-by is still there which give the driver enough
space to swing round and park up facing back to town. Many of you drivers
will have passed under this bridge, it is at the highest point between the
two junctions, 25 and 26. NMP.

Ray Smyth.

OilTreader:
Oily

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Buses,Motorcoaches & Lorries .Page 49. AEC Regent Bus,HX 1388,History .
Thursday,5th March,2020. VALKYRIE .

AEC Regent 6611007/Strachan,Piano Front, H26/24R Double Decker Bus,Chassis No.1007,HX 1388,started life
as an AEC Demonstrator in September 1930,then was sold to Highland Transport,Inverness,Scotland,
on Saturday,3rd March,1931.It was fitted with a B32R single decker bus body of unknown marque and
was rebuilt by Warmley;with Queen Of The Road - Gough’s Garages Ltd,Bristol on Wednesday,5th
May,1943.It was re-bodied as a motorcoach with a Longwell Green C32F motorcoach body in 1948.
A considerable number of AEC Regents ended up being re-bodied as single decker buses and
motorcoaches,especially in the post war years :slight_smile:

AEC Regent 6611007/Strachan H26/24R Double Decker Bus,Chassis No.1007,HX 1388,Middlesex,9-1930,AEC Demonstrator,then Highland,etc.TNUK,OTL-BM&L,49.3-2020.OilTreader 1#

VALKYRIE

VALKYRIE:

OilTreader:
Oily

TruckNetUK . Old Time Lorries . Buses,Motorcoaches & Lorries .Page 49. AEC Regent Bus,HX 1388,History .
Thursday,5th March,2020. VALKYRIE .

AEC Regent 6611007/Strachan,Piano Front, H26/24R Double Decker Bus,Chassis No.1007,HX 1388,started life
as an AEC Demonstrator in September 1930,then was sold to Highland Transport,Inverness,Scotland,
on Saturday,3rd March,1931.It was fitted with a B32R single decker bus body of unknown marque and
was rebuilt by Warmley;with Queen Of The Road - Gough’s Garages Ltd,Bristol on Wednesday,5th
May,1943.It was re-bodied as a motorcoach with a Longwell Green C32F motorcoach body in 1948.
A considerable number of AEC Regents ended up being re-bodied as single decker buses and
motorcoaches,especially in the post war years :slight_smile:

AEC Regent 6611007/Strachan H26/24R Double Decker Bus,Chassis No.1007,HX 1388,Middlesex,9-1930,AEC Demonstrator,then Highland,etc.TNUK,OTL-BM&L,49.3-2020.OilTreader 1#

VALKYRIE

I wonder how long it took to get to Inverness ?

Thanks to VALKYRIE for the detailed info on the decker :smiley:
Oily
An Maidstone and District OMO in good nick.

Busby kenjonbro is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0 4786179243_b0da9dd52f_b.jpg

oiltreader:
Oily
An East Kent OMO in good nick.

That`s a smart looking AEC Eddie, the sloping drivers windscreen was quite common
when you and I were young bus drivers. Thanks, Ray.

oiltreader:
Oily
An East Kent OMO in good nick.

390 DKK owned by Brian Catchpole is very active on the running day scene. AFAIK this was originally a Coach but like other M&D Reliances converted to dual purpose spec. Built to 2MU3RV spec the bus was originally powered by an AEC AH 470 engine and vacuum braked. After numerous head gasket failures in preservation it was decided that persevering with this particular 470 engine was not a realistic proposition and neither was the work involved in simply fitting another. Brian decided that the best option was to substitute an AH 505. THe actual engine change apparently proved quite straight forward however there was a problem with the braking system since no AEC 505 engines were ever built for vacuum braked vehicles. The exhauster drive gear has teeth of a different pitch and angle to those on a compressor. There is a lengthy article somewhere on t’internet describing the lengths necessary to overcome this problem. When I find it I shall post a link.