Brown Trouser Moffett Waltzer

Winseer:
It takes two to create an accident…

In this case…

I agree with you but, your statement is incorrect.

How was I at fault when a Ford Granada drove into the back of my trailer whilst I was stopped at a set of red lights?

yourhavingalarf:

Winseer:

In this case…

How was I at fault when a Ford Granada drove into the back of my trailer whilst I was stopped at a set of red lights?

No such thing as an accident. Anything that wasn’t done purposefully is down to negligence.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Chillidoritos:
No such thing as an accident. Anything that wasn’t done purposefully is down to negligence.

Tell that to the man with the microscopic hole in his condom!

the maoster:

Chillidoritos:

Tell that to the man with the microscopic hole in his condom!

99.9% effective. Best contraceptive method involves different holes.

Good point, well made :smiley:

If I overtake a parked lorry, or any lorry parked on any industrial estate, & just as I happen to clear it the back door swings open & takes off my head, does that mean I’m 10%-20%, 20%-30% or even as much as 80%-100% to blame?

I’m struggling to define exactly what’s inside the heads of anyone who thinks the soldier carries any blame?

If I hire a taxi & the taxi crashes . . . Can it be my fault for hiring the taxi?

If I’m coming out from behind the truck into a ‘live’ road I always creep out in reverse.

yourhavingalarf:

Winseer:

In this case…

I got a blameworthy once for having a barrier come down between my cab and the box. I was deemed blameworthy, because I was moving and snapped the barrier off, when I should have been looking in my mirror ten times per second, noticing, and jamming the anchors on… :blush: :frowning:

The two parties I speak of - actually do have to be moving at the moment of impact.

‘Being stationary at the moment of impact’ - got many a driver off a blameworthy, as you correctly state was the case being hit up the arse at traffic lights…

Dork Lard:
If I overtake a parked lorry, or any lorry parked on any industrial estate, & just as I happen to clear it the back door swings open & takes off my head, does that mean I’m 10%-20%, 20%-30% or even as much as 80%-100% to blame?

I’m struggling to define exactly what’s inside the heads of anyone who thinks the soldier carries any blame?

If I hire a taxi & the taxi crashes . . . Can it be my fault for hiring the taxi?

+1

Dork Lard:

I agree as a passer by you don’t cause the incident. But could he have done anything safer?

Do you ever slow down for a green light because you anticipate it might suddenly change? They often do… it’s reasonable to assume it might happen. Just like it’s very reasonable to assume someone is unloading the truck and an incident could have been prevented had he been cautious.

I wouldn’t say the guy deserves punishment, but he certainly played a role in the severity of his injury by choosing to pass at that speed rather than slower like the car before. The victim himself probably wishes he wasn’t in a rush that day.

Chillidoritos:
I wouldn’t say the guy deserves punishment, but he certainly played a role in the severity of his injury by choosing to pass at that speed rather than slower like the car before. The victim himself probably wishes he wasn’t in a rush that day.

No, he did not play a role in the severity of his injuries. If you think he did then I bet you don’t get much done, what with having to slow down for all those vehicles parked at roadside.

Dork Lard:

Chillidoritos:

No, he did not play a role in the severity of his injuries. If you think he did then I bet you don’t get much done, what with having to slow down for all those vehicles parked at roadside.

So you’re saying you steam past a school bus parked outside a school with about a foot between you and the bus?

Soldier was speeding and driving without due care and attention. Moffett driver was guilty of dangerous driving by emerging from behind his truck without either the mast lowered or retracted,

If it was a kid from behind a bus outside a school and the soldier was on the same bit of CCTV with a bus instead of a truck and a school instead of an industrial estate I think it very likely he would have seen jail time and not a suspended sentence.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if he was looking at this phone.

Own Account Driver:

Dork Lard:

Chillidoritos:

So you’re saying you steam past a school bus parked outside a school with about a foot between you and the bus?

Soldier was speeding and driving without due care and attention. Moffett driver was guilty of dangerous driving by emerging from behind his truck without either the mast lowered or retracted,

If it was a kid from behind a bus outside a school and the soldier was on the same bit of CCTV with a bus instead of a truck and a school instead of an industrial estate I think it very likely he would have seen jail time and not a suspended sentence.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if he was looking at this phone.

I said it before , we don’t know where the first car in the video comes from. Out of a layby, company just out of video shot, or just a slow driver. Compared to that car, then the soldiers car does look like he was travelling quicker. But no one apart from him knows what speed he was going.

Have we forgotten already that a driver asleep on his bunk - can get 14 years for “causing death by dangerous driving”, or in his case “dangerous parking up”… :frowning: