Oops

Yesterday a local farmer tried to undercut this truck on a tricky roundabout in Northallerton.

Is the one with a pedestrian crossing on the exit at the end of the high street.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399443784235.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399443804153.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399443814652.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399443834963.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399443851271.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399443863222.jpg[/attachment]

Luckily no serious injuries:)

Looks like he got what was due :smiley:

So we have the OP’s word that the landrover undertook the wagon and “got what he deserved”.

What we don’t have is the “The driver got it wrong and turned to early”.

It’s good to know that some people are never in the wrong.

What a Numpty, (if that’s what actually happened)
Being a Farmer, he/she should have realised how much room the Wagon needed.

Don’t think I said he got what he deserved!
To elaborate said container driver took a wide swing on the roundabout which is only one wide lanearound it, he had to stop for pedestrians who were wanting to cross on the crossing, the pedestrians were mid 50’s and walking at an appropriate pace for the crossing conditions, the container truck had left a gap of approximately 6ft (I am told the tape was not calibrated)the land rover driver mistakenly thought the gap was big enough for him to fit through andproceeded to enter into said gap, only to be halted when pedestrians mentioned earlier in statement emerged from in front of the truck walking from right to left still moving at an appropriate pace, the truck driver then proceeded to move forward after checking his mirrors, approximately 2 seconds later the driver of the land rover whilst muttering “ere by gum” (allegedly) also moved forward trying to avoid a collision, unfortunately the cut in of the trailer meant there was contact which resulted in the land rover driver and his vehicle getting pushed into the wall. The wall belongs to the masons arms and was left worth a little structural damage.
Hope that helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

It’s a bugger of a roundabout, as long as the wagon was indicating the land rover shouldn’t of been there, you need both lanes to get round there and since there’s a weight limit on the second exit he could only be going left.

■■■■ happens as they say. Either might have clocked it sooner but judge ye not & all that.

quote: mid 50’s and walking at an appropriate pace for the crossing conditions, Thats got to be the quote of the century, i always thought the pace of a crossing would be dictated by zig zags and lights, in which pedestrians had a limited time to cross, or if its a black and white with belisha beacons, they have as long as they want, till the motorist gets fed up. But either way, a pedestrian can and will take as long as he likes being that there is no pace for crossing as far as i am aware. :laughing:

merc0447:
Looks like he got what was due :smiley:

+1

Hmmmm a profesional driver would have been fully aware of the impending shenanigans of the country bumpkin and driven in a manner so as to cause maximum damage to farmer brown’s vehicle (probably the colour of his undercrackers as the incident unfolded) yet at the same time absolve himself of any blame using the old ’ honest guv I couldn’t see him, he was undertaking on me blindside as I was turning left and I was indicating well in advance etc’.

Looks to be exactly what happened, nice one drive. :slight_smile:

Adrian williams:
To elaborate said container driver took a wide swing on the roundabout which is only one wide lanearound it, he had to stop for pedestrians who were wanting to cross on the crossing, the pedestrians were mid 50’s and walking at an appropriate pace for the crossing conditions, the container truck had left a gap of approximately 6ft (I am told the tape was not calibrated)the land rover driver mistakenly thought the gap was big enough for him to fit through andproceeded to enter into said gap, only to be halted when pedestrians mentioned earlier in statement emerged from in front of the truck walking from right to left still moving at an appropriate pace, the truck driver then proceeded to move forward after checking his mirrors, approximately 2 seconds later the driver of the land rover whilst muttering “ere by gum” (allegedly) also moved forward trying to avoid a collision, unfortunately the cut in of the trailer meant there was contact which resulted in the land rover driver and his vehicle getting pushed into the wall. The wall belongs to the masons arms and was left worth a little structural damage.

So if the truck driver was observant enough he`d have noticed the landy on his inside and taken appropriate action, like not proceeding forward when the crossing was clear allowing the driver to realise his mistake and avoid contact. I know this junction well, the approach to it is a PITA, but if the truck driver read the approach correctly it shouldn’t have happened.

A bigger traffic nightmare for a truck driver is trying to get inside the prison gate to deliver, even IF you park in the side road opposite, car drivers still try to undercut you as you swing it in

btw the chip shop up near sainsburys is one of my favourites, a bit of a nightmare to park the wagon outside, but do-able.
With the alternative of the sandwich shop next door.

peirre:

Adrian williams:

So if the truck driver was observant enough he`d have noticed the landy on his inside and taken appropriate action, like not proceeding forward when the crossing was clear allowing the driver to realise his mistake and avoid contact. I know this junction well, the approach to it is a PITA, but if the truck driver read the approach correctly it shouldn’t have happened.

A bigger traffic nightmare for a truck driver is trying to get inside the prison gate to deliver, even IF you park in the side road opposite, car drivers still try to undercut you as you swing it in

btw the chip shop up near sainsburys is one of my favourites, a bit of a nightmare to park the wagon outside, but do-able.
With the alternative of the sandwich shop next door.

If it was clear when he stopped at the pedestrian crossing, you’ve got a kink on your unit then haven’t you? So, it IS possible to not see the land rover?

This is why when i’m in my car I keep well out the way of HGV’s at roundabouts, This much damage and he was probably only doing 15/20 mph if that?

waynedl:
If it was clear when he stopped at the pedestrian crossing, you’ve got a kink on your unit then haven’t you? So, it IS possible to not see the land rover?

Potentially yes … this is one for trucknet CSI
However with a possible 3 mirrors on the passenger door, and a land rover tall enough to possibly reach the bottom of the passenger window, the truck driver should`ve been able to see the land rover, before setting off. Because in that scenario (a truck stood at a pedestrian crossing) most of you would have taken a quick look before setting off to see if any other pedestrians where approaching the crossing, and a land rover is a ■■■■ sight bigger than a pedestrian … that is unless those north Yorkshire farmers are using stealth technology :laughing:

I’m with Pierre, should’ve clocked it but I wouldn’t hang him for it.