Big brown pants moment. A13

Lucky lucky man… Or woman.

liveleak.com/view?i=17c_1382775922

Very lucky , although how did he not see that lol

Just shows what a dangerous money saving idea the “managed motorway” is with neither hard shoulder or central verges.
Even the A road has some run off space…

jayseabea:
Just shows what a dangerous money saving idea the “managed motorway” is with neither hard shoulder or central verges.

what a complete and utter load of bollox read the post above yours,

I’m waiting for the excuses as to why the trucker was not a compete bellend who should be watching the road and probably not his dvd player or newspaper as that seems to be the general consensus of the public nowadays, why do they come to that conclusion?

I would love to see the dashcam of said dozy driver and see him/her explain that one away if they hit the stationary vehicle.

That stationary lorry was visible from a long way off.

I hate to think what the unit driver was doing to get get so close without seeing a stationary artic :unamused:

■■■■ poor driving by everyone concerned, including the driver of the vehicle with the dash cam who himself had to take last minute avoidance action :frowning:

bloke following was lucky aswell

Ooops, though I have to question how the box van was on the hazards before he hit the armco. Quick reactions or not, you try to save it before you go headlong into an immovable object.

Having said that, it would appear that the broken down bloke was the only one that did everything right.

■■■■ we’ve been rumbled. You have us collectively red handed. We do indeed perform our jobs day in day out while watching re runs of eastenders and checking to see what sindy, 21 from Stockport thinks of the latest banking debacle.

■■■.

One driver ■■■■■ up and we’re all to blame?
Bit of a daft comment imho.

I used to have this nasty habit of when approaching a slower moving vehicle, I spend more time looking in the mirror for a space to pull into than looking forward. Not an excuse I know, but a possible reason.

tachograph:

I hate to think what the unit driver was doing to get get so close without seeing a stationary artic :unamused:

■■■■ poor driving by everyone concerned, including the driver of the vehicle with the dash cam who himself had to take last minute avoidance action :frowning:

+1 All three drivers should have seen that coming. Very lucky it wasn’t a lot worse, I’m surprised that luton didn’t go over into the oncoming traffic.
Bernard

nsmith1180:
Ooops, though I have to question how the box van was on the hazards before he hit the armco. Quick reactions or not, you try to save it before you go headlong into an immovable object.

Strange that, the vans hazards came on at the exact moment that he was hit by the unit :confused:

Might be a safety feature.

Tarrman:
Might be a safety feature.

I think it must be.

tachograph:

nsmith1180:

Strange that, the vans hazards came on at the exact moment that he was hit by the unit :confused:

Probably crash detection, might come on when auto fuel cut-off is activated. Alternatively, might come on because he jumped on the anchors… my car does this if i have to brake hard enough.

Chris1207:

tachograph:

nsmith1180:

Probably crash detection, might come on when auto fuel cut-off is activated. Alternatively, might come on because he jumped on the anchors… my car does this if i have to brake hard enough.

That would explain it thanks, like they say you learn something new every day :smiley:

tachograph:
you learn something new every day :smiley:

Indeed, I learned my car does this 10 minutes after i picked it up from the dealer. Took my new shiny for a wee test drive, on a nice open NSL road… and came around a slight corner to find temporary lights at red :astonished:

“ooooo, the hazards flash when ABS kicks in” :laughing: :laughing:

The van was a Merc Sprinter. Found this on the website: clever those Germans!

The adaptive brake lights improve active safety by providing a better signalling effect during emergency stops. In the event of a critical braking situation from a speed greater than 50 km/h, the brake lamps start flashing.

Bernard

jayseabea:

Just shows you he wasn’t watching the road !!!

My point is that there is no wriggle room when a mistake is made, and there always will be mistakes made.

albion1938:

tachograph:

+1 All three drivers should have seen that coming. Very lucky it wasn’t a lot worse, I’m surprised that luton didn’t go over into the oncoming traffic.
Bernard

All 3? Looking at the vid the van did the right thing, he moved across to give the unit some room to pass, but since it was being driven by a complete ■■■■, he need a lot more space to pass, in fact look at it again and you will notice he just clipped the trailer and took a chunk out the corner of the cab! No was only 1 driver who never saw it coming!