Anyone see this one?

leicestermercury.co.uk/Lorry … story.html

:open_mouth:

Nowt a tube of superglue won’t fix.

Was the driver miffed because they wouldn’t give him his Nectar points?

Ken.

I see Bibbys had another one blown over. Not a good week for them :frowning:

Bloody hell! One lucky dude to climb out under his own steam.

That shows how weak a modern truck is. The yanks have the right idea with steel bumpers and/or accessories that move most things out of the way and protect the poor sod behind the wheel when something does go wrong. Our cabs seem to be held together with zip ties to save costs and weight

scanny77:
That shows how weak a modern truck is. The yanks have the right idea with steel bumpers and/or accessories that move most things out of the way and protect the poor sod behind the wheel when something does go wrong. Our cabs seem to be held together with zip ties to save costs and weight

I agree. The cab has failed badly to peel apart like that - these pics should be sent to the manufacturer so that they can have a chin rubbing moment or two. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Can’t be arsed to put the thread up but it’s yer already.

Perhaps mods could merge them

Tipper Tom:
Perhaos nods could merge them

Is that Spanish?

No it’s gibberish

Tipper Tom:
No it’s gibberish

I become fluent in that every Friday night :smiley: :smiley:

As I said before, to much of a crumple zone going on there.
Should there not be an NCAP rating for wagons?

I hear what your saying Drift but Euro NCAP is just a means for French car companies to sell cars. It’s not a fair test. Te old TRRL tests were much less biased.

I’m confident that some kind of crash test is coming though.

Druft…that how I feel on the Sunday pop :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yer I think the state some of the units end up after a smash is frightening, drivers have got to come into the equation somewhere…don’t we?

Sorry fella my fingers are oversized for the tiny iPhone

Tipper Tom:

Sausage fingers :wink:

tango boy:

Tipper Tom:

Sausage fingers :wink:

Unlike me, banana fingers :laughing: :laughing:

A friend of mine from Leicestershire Fire Service went to this job. Said the driver was fine & out of the cab when they got there, just a bit shook-up. Tis a bit worrying how that cab seemed to have near disintegrated!! :open_mouth:

Obviously totally unrelated … if ever you’re going to nod-off behind the wheel, do it now while you can blame the wind. :bulb:

scanny77:

Except they don’t protect the driver behind the wheel because all the energy of the collision is transmitted to the passenger compartment unlike the trucks you say which seem to be held together with zip ties which are designed to do that in an accident to transmit the energy AWAY from the passenger compartment.

So the fact the cab near disintegrated is actually a good thing.

1st post peeled the cab not the one it stopped at. Without the crumpling/shedding of bits the whole energy would of been absorbed by the drivers body. Solid unforgiving structures aren’t kind to the driver :unamused:

I would rather have a good few inches of solid steel between me and the object in front of me regardless of crumple zones. A cab that falls apart leaves all the vulnerable bits (including the driver) exposed to anything airborne eg hazardous/hot liquids, objects, etc etc etc. A steel bumper wont protect anything above it but if the cab disintegrates and there is something nasty flying around there is nothing between it and the driver. Ideally there would be a steel bumper to complement the crumple zones in the event of an impact that the bumper is unable to withstand. How many times have we seen pictures of cabs twisted or separated from the chassis from a reasonably low impact or no impact at all. Look at the premium on youtube that was pulling a boat up a ramp and the cab literally ripped itself off the chassis