British road Services

JAKEY:
Bough this photo off ebay , Think it is Banbury depot , unusal to see a Brs truck blinged up :laughing:

Hi Jakey, I have a feeling this was driven by Andy Claridge.
BRS Banbury had about 5 or 6 of these all on General but slipping onto General Foods and Alcan when needed !
But I might be Wrong !

The 202 wasent a bad motor !!!

lightswitch:

JAKEY:
Bough this photo off ebay , Think it is Banbury depot , unusal to see a Brs truck blinged up :laughing:

Hi Jakey, I have a feeling this was driven by Andy Claridge.
BRS Banbury had about 5 or 6 of these all on General but slipping onto General Foods and Alcan when needed !
But I might be Wrong !

I am with you on your thoughts with this lightswitch, Banbury depot always seemed to have a few very well kept motors that just stood out a little bit more than the rest.
I was on the Alcan job myself out of St. Helens (Almetex) for a while then i just worked out of the extruision plant in Latchford before i moved over to Wrexham depot.
Loved the Alcan job and many a good thursday night spent in Banbury after loading logs/billets for our friday trip back home usually with a thick head and a late start :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi lightswitch , that was a fine man of Andys .

Freds motor .

harry_gill:

flishflunk:
One here for Harry or Norman, unless Chris beats them to it.

Manchester Docks

Ray

hiya,
Chris’ll most likely get to it first he’s only got to nip o’er the top Old Norm and me live ten days camel ride adrift and our Zimmer’s are of the non-turbo variety.
thanks harry long retired.

i think it could be elsmere port docks looks like ch fleet no and a hdm reg wich were queens ferry depto could be wrong used to sub for them in the 70 s r
regards b waddy r

b.waddy:

harry_gill:

flishflunk:
One here for Harry or Norman, unless Chris beats them to it.

Manchester Docks

Ray

hiya,
Chris’ll most likely get to it first he’s only got to nip o’er the top Old Norm and me live ten days camel ride adrift and our Zimmer’s are of the non-turbo variety.

i think it could be elsmere port docks looks like ch fleet no and a hdm reg wich were queens ferry depto could be wrong used to sub for them in the 70 s r
regards b waddy r

Eyup,if that MK5 Mandator was for me I’d get t’last flight out of here tonight Ray.Wouldn’t matter if it were Manchester or E. Port I’d be there,hope there’s a number plate in t’cab for trailer.

I think this is the same AEC

hiya,
Funny the Mandator and the Mercury different as chalk and cheese the Mandator was as reliable as the day was long but we ran a few Mercs as well notorious for blowing head gaskets it happened to me twice once when travelling down from Scotland with a load of Bells got some overtime out of that one, well I couldn’t leave it could I.

This isn’t you is it Harry having a bit of trouble with the cooling system on the AEC.Both photos are for sale on ebay so I thought I would borrow them (bet the seller did the same) :wink:
BRS Services AEC.jpg
And another one for you Harry
BRS parcels Albion unit.jpg

Stanfield:
This isn’t you is it Harry having a bit of trouble with the cooling system on the AEC.Both photos are for sale on ebay so I thought I would borrow them (bet the seller did the same) :wink: 1
And another one for you Harry0

That MK5 Mandator must have been one of the last to be registered as it’s on a 1966 “D” plate.The tilt cabs were in production by then.
Nice old photo of what looks like a Queensferry motor.

Stanfield:
This isn’t you is it Harry having a bit of trouble with the cooling system on the AEC.Both photos are for sale on ebay so I thought I would borrow them (bet the seller did the same) :wink: 1

hiya,
Yes Chris as you say the tractor IS Queensferry the trailer is from a different North West depot CE ■■ can’t remember which, I was CT but able to recognise just about all depots when I still had storage capacity aloft and no that’s not me but have fuelled up in their yard on many occasions loved those Mandators Chris would have loved the mk5 8 wheeler as a drawbar puller but all our wags and drags had gone when they made the scene but we had a few mk5 Mandators and although my motor was a Bristol I did get to grips with the AECs on many occasions, happy days eh’.

HI Harry Chris,great pic of the Qeensferry Mandator,the trailer with CE is St Helens depot,its probrably a dyson Aeroride with air suspension we had quite a few for the loose glass job out of Pilks.They used to sway about a bit when loaded with 16 tons of CKD from Bathgate,good oldays and nights eh.cheers Ted.

Harry this was Ex BRS possibley Manchester going by the Reg, Perhaps you drove it ? in your younger days, Regards Larry

toxic gas man:
HI Harry Chris,great pic of the Qeensferry Mandator,the trailer with CE is St Helens depot,its probrably a dyson Aeroride with air suspension we had quite a few for the loose glass job out of Pilks.They used to sway about a bit when loaded with 16 tons of CKD from Bathgate,good oldays and nights eh.cheers Ted.

Hi Ted,I had a 6000 gall tank trailer with that Dyson Aeroride suspension and that swayed about a bit. It was forever going into Grafton Street Liverpool for repairs to the bags.

This had the same suspension under a 5000 gall trailer…

Chris Webb:

Stanfield:

That MK5 Mandator must have been one of the last to be registered as it’s on a 1966 “D” plate.The tilt cabs were in production by then.
Nice old photo of what looks like a Queensferry motor.

Yer right there Chris,I recall the first Ergo cab that Brady’s got was a C reg. Badger.

Bewick:

harry_gill:
hiya,
Done a lot of miles in a lot of Big Js but Stansfield that aint one of them.nice to see one again I quite liked them with the ■■■■■■■ in .

What about the Big J with the 8LXB in that you said you drove “H” ? Anon.

I was under the impression it was a "Big J " with a D/D V8 in it :unamused:
ANON :wink:

Just a random pic for the momories, nice old Thornycroft!

Classic old Transport yard!

BRS Swansea again!