British road Services

I know what you mean Harry, but like me, they cannot take away our memories, I do not know what happens when we go Ga Ga, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
Norm as a former lorry driver you should know only too well that you donā€™t have to be Ga Ga to do that job but it sure as hell helps.
thanks harry long retired.

Hiya Harry,
Deans is now just a commercial vehicle repair garage called Colin Goulding Commercials.
And just to make sure Iā€™m going the right way with this thread, BRS Blackburn depot is still going strong as a plywood
wholesales yard.
Cheers Spike 74

hiya,
Spike74 thanks for the info haveā€™nt been to Darwen for a long time but drove past the old BRS Blackburn depot about two years ago on route to see my brother in Bacup, the place looked just the same different paint job on the doors but otherwise much the same, it is quite a big place inside and would be just the job for a plywood stockist being totally undercover and with adjacent workshop area, Deans place if my memory is still working used to garage about five wagons, i had to park the trailer in front of the mill opposite but the building housed all the motors with room to get round them i used to do some of the general maintainance "for a bit extra"at weekends, it was always a tidy fleet to work on.

hi harry, I used to go up to bacup way when we had freightflow which was a clearing house out of kent. we run to hasslingtonā– ā– ? with full loads of eastern shoes, csad stuff. the dad and son ran it. they were both called dave and dad said to son Daaavvvvvvvvvvve and son replied dddaaaaaad. smashing fellers they were. bacup road rings alarms for some reason :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

hiya,
Jimmy m get through to Bacup on the odd occasion to see my brother but haveā€™nt lived there for over 50 years but it never looks any different every time i visit iā€™ts ā€œclosedā€.

The road behind this Bristol is the main A38 south where it crossed the swing bridge at the entrance to Bristol docks. Remember the diversion over the narrow one way bridge when it was open for a ship. The
driver of the well sheeted load must be in Browns cafe visible in the background.

Who needs a hard hat,high viz and safety rail.

It was not me in the cafe, I would be too young, might be Harry?, and did they get hight money on that last load. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
What no pup but two men, at my depot there was only two men if you was pulling a trailer no matter how high the load.

what is a roping and sheeting thingy ma doo da? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: scamell couplingsā€¦never heard of the buggersā€¦granda rights was his right to shag your grandma was it not :wink: :wink: crash gear boxes? you are meant to get the stuff there not crash lorry with the gearbox attached into a wall :grimacing: :grimacing: log books :unamused: :unamused: all books are made out of paper which came from pulp which came from wood which was made from logs? :question: :question: eight leggers, what the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are they, spiders canā€™t drive can they :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: shap? flat bit of road linking england to the wonderful world of SCOTLAND. no heaters in the old days, WHHHAAATTT! ever heard of gloves and wooly jumpers. if you went to work in your vests old timers, what do you expect :laughing: :laughing: pouring petrol into the diesel to stop it freezingā€¦ddoooaaaahhhh. poor boss could only buy a sunbeam rapier fastback and not the H120 model, because you old buggers had spent all his money on petrol :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :frowning: :laughing: and if that wasnā€™t bad enough, you had to go into someone elses house/cafe/room everynight, to sleep!! what the fukcz all that about :unamused: sleeping in a cab never harmed me did it cvbntydgetxxz\\\\\\ but no you lot just abandoned your lorry everynight and buggered off to the pub and then slipped between the sheets. and probably slipped her between the sheets as well :wink: i have now emigrated to darkest peru, I mean emmmmm some where else where you guys cant come and shoooot me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: harry, iā€™ll have to dodge the bullit :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hiya,
Jimmy m feel free to enrol on my roping and sheeting course very cheap to T/net members, i will also throw in my eight legger and drag drivers guide on how to tame unruly trailer boys F.O.C , a sort of buy one get one free offer, this is a one day course delivered in my local pub bring your own breathalyser and beer money in my case whisky money, and bring the phone number and address of a good trick cyclist, iā€™m now even convincing myself iā€™m stone mad.

After reading what you two idiots wrote, I am totally certain that you two are heading to the funny farm, please excuse me if you are already a resident there, I thought I was losing my marbles, but you two have made me feel quite sane. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  myself laughing :smiley: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: harry, Iā€™ll be there for your roping and thingy thing with bits of canvas over the load :laughing: mind you how much are you going to charge a poor Scot, and can we go on the ā– ā– ā– ā–  in chester-le-street after I fail the test :imp: :arrow_right: i parked up in durham one night after loading elddis and got talking to guy in pub who invited me to his daughters 18th party. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: P.S. harry, why didnt you just bang under a taughliner like everyone else for christs sake :unamused: plenty of booze mate, I am quite partial to the stuff, and have been known to fall off the odd chair after a few samples of johnie walker. I was born across the road from walkers in kilmarnock. norman, norman, listen please normanā€¦harry and me sen are sane and indeed saner than the sanest man you ever met :smiley: and if you dont believe me just ask my doctor at the MENTAL NUT HEADBANGERS INSTITUTE SECURITY LOCKED BUILDING.COM :open_mouth: :open_mouth: wagon and drags were the bane of my life hated the basratd things. why anyone would want to shuffle round the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  with one of them counts is beyond me. I HAD to teach myself to reverse the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  when we got one when i was shunter, and got pretty good at it, but you STILL came out the cab sweating like ā– ā– ā– ā–  and smelling like a wrestlers jock strap.

I have done roping & sheeting ( this comes last) tilts cmes next, curtainsides next, but the winner in my eyes for keeping warm and clean was tankers on the brewery, you reverse on, and do what you like while waiting to empty, and they come and tell you, and bring the paperwork. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Norm,
Between Harry offering courses on roping and sheeting and jimmy m getting ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and talking about trick cyclists,the old red and rust was dropping like a stone,you will have to get that rope off Harry and knot it,then give em a taste of it. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave do you think, with all Harrys roping experience, he would make a good hangman if it ever came back. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norrm,I think he would do an excellent job,and if he needed a bit of help. I would give a pull on the rope :smiling_imp: should bring it back,shouldnā€™t get into heavy debate on here,but that in my opinion should still be happening to all the people who deserve it.
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
When i lived in the North West i used to get over to Oldham and have a jar or two in Albert Pierrpointā€™s pub aptly named Help the Poor Struggler and if they ever wanted a hangman to get rid of some of todayā€™s murdering scum iā€™d beg to do the job and without renumeration.

harry_gill:
hiya,
When i lived in the North West i used to get over to Oldham and have a jar or two in Albert Pierrpointā€™s pub aptly named Help the Poor Struggler and if they ever wanted a hangman to get rid of some of todayā€™s murdering scum iā€™d beg to do the job and without renumeration.

You could be the "Main man " H but Im a handy lad with a rope so I bags been your assistant !! Weā€™d defo be on plenty of overtime at the moment getting rid of all the scum that are needing hanging right now !!Cheers Bewick.PS comā€™on H weā€™d need a bit of Beer money for the job !!

hi , might be of interest , might not ! , unlikely @ that price ! .

cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCAMMELL-RECOVERY ā€¦ 2304b568fc