BRIDGE STRIKES.

The famous iron bridge at Goss Moor, OLD A30 in Cornwall strikes again today

Oh dear…!

salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/ … ge_on_A36/

maestegboy:
Oh dear…!

Managed to get all the way through though. Not like Owens to hurry along like that… :grimacing:

P.s. I wonder if he triggered the height warning system, and if he was far enough over to the middle. I used to trigger the warning system all the time (usually with 13’9" trailer) but have never had a problem by going through the signed middle of the arch.

P.p.s.s. looks like he didn’t move over to the middle, and struck the arch with the n/s corner of the trailer. At least he has started cleaning up, and has tidied away all his straps, ready for the load to be transhipped. … :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

maestegboy:
Oh dear…!

Not a strap insight… must have been using internals…Oh wait cant see them either…lol …oh well at least he got it out through the bridge…lmao

How fast must you be going to get through that and out the other side before coming to a stop? I’m not saying i’m top driver but really
you have to wonder what goes on in some people’s head sometimes.

rustyoldbolt:
All the latest news from the Salisbury Journal … ge_on_A36/
How fast must you be going to get through that and out the other side before coming to a stop? I’m not saying i’m top driver but really
you have to wonder what goes on in some people’s head sometimes.

Very little it would seem

Ex army - Driver

Was told 46mph :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Mr skippy

kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/ … dge-92356/

Swampey2418:

the nodding donkey:

maestegboy:
Oh dear…!

Not a strap insight… must have been using internals…Oh wait cant see them either…lol …oh well at least he got it out through the bridge…lmao

I wonder if he can rope and sheet now as he has now a flat, all he needs is the rope as he can use one of the curtains to cover the load. 1/2 hour an he’s good to go :slight_smile:

maestegboy:
Mr skippy

The driver probably forgot they had 2 skips on board, if it was just the one they would have been fine.

mrginge:

maestegboy:
Mr skippy

The driver probably forgot they had 2 skips on board, if it was just the one they would have been fine.

I don’t think so - look at the state of the cab !!

Toddy2:

mrginge:

maestegboy:
Mr skippy

I don’t think so - look at the state of the cab !!

I’d say a his truck has done a huge bunny hop when the skips hit the bridge causing the damage to the cab. Truck on its own looks lower than the bridge.

1412873316741_wps_5_This_is_the_moment_a_buil.jpg
1412873316741_wps_5_This_is_the_moment_a_buil.jpg

They know how to stack skips in Kent - this is just by Manston Airport !!

1412873825785_wps_7_This_is_the_moment_a_buil.jpg

maestegboy:
Ex army - Driver

Was told 46mph :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

In a 30 zone :open_mouth:

hulldailymail.co.uk/Road-clo … story.html

m.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/1451 … ay_bridge/

Todays effort in Harpenden. Local builders merchants decided that the hiab would definitely fit under the bridge, but it probably didn’t need all the pipework. Or the main knuckle.

Good effort KLBS!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_5107407.jpg

Whats happened here then ! :unamused:

I,ve been under that bridge in a DD plenty of times ! Has the bridge dropped a few inches?

plymouthherald.co.uk/royal-m … story.html

Or new trailers maybe? :confused: :confused:

maestegboy:

I,ve been under that bridge in a DD plenty of times ! Has the bridge dropped a few inches?

The bridge is only 15’ 0" so a DD won’t fit under that unless you get some speed up :smiley:

Didn’t know there was any bridges in Deeside, I’ll best keep a look out next time

maestegboy:

Just had a quick look on street view. It’s unmarked southbound but marked up 15ft northbound. No excuse for hitting a marked bridge but I can see how a driver could fall into a trap there.