Bradford hauliers

ramone:

axletramp:

bradfordlad9999:

del949:
they used to park on the spare ground opposite The Great Northern Hotel (I think thats the correct pub, or was it something like the Adolphous?) just above Bolling Rd and IIRC their warehouse/office was just behind the spare land up a bit of a bank.
Thinking of Wakefield Rd made me remember Swales transport (RJ Swales?) just below Dudley Hill and Atlas Express on Feather St, also Tanks and Drums in Bowling Back Lane.

ye remember them t&d and newplan furniture and art glass clive coalman he ran over water

Coleman did a good bit of work for the glass factory on Ripley Road, who had quite a fleet at one time.

I worked for Colemans and did quite a lot of work out of Solaglass on Ripley Road ,Chris Jackson eventually took over the contract then Reg Naylors jumped in then it closed down AWM now own the land

ye and burnt down and chocked us all for days that place my mate works for chris jackson he does 2 holland a week he just got bran new fh 500

bradfordlad9999:
cheers old lad am just going to scan sum old photos get up on here when ive susted it cheers keep the photos coming bradford was rich with transport firms can any one remember mick gallagher transport up thornton rd bradford he did all european with white 143 scanias sum 142s and 4 series one bull nose nice fleet

I see Mick most weekends, yep he ran a tidy fleet of Scanias off Thornton Road. :smiley: :smiley:

Didn’t Coles transport from Southall london have a depot on the euroway ind’ est. Green ERFs with a white stripe…

worked for coales in 89-90 out of uk corragated in witney oxfordshire and slough

Didn’t Coles transport from Southall london have a depot on the euroway ind’ est. Green ERFs with a white stripe

not sure about the motors, but yes they did.

philberg182:

bradfordlad9999:
cheers old lad am just going to scan sum old photos get up on here when ive susted it cheers keep the photos coming bradford was rich with transport firms can any one remember mick gallagher transport up thornton rd bradford he did all european with white 143 scanias sum 142s and 4 series one bull nose nice fleet

I see Mick most weekends, yep he ran a tidy fleet of Scanias off Thornton Road. :smiley: :smiley:

He’s a good lad is Mick. Doesn’t give you too much slaver when the Eminox exhaust stack falls off and punctures the tank :open_mouth:

del949:

Didn’t Coles transport from Southall london have a depot on the euroway ind’ est. Green ERFs with a white stripe

not sure about the motors, but yes they did.

That firm was spelt Coales.

dominicpriestley:

philberg182:

bradfordlad9999:

He’s a good lad is Mick. Doesn’t give you too much slaver when the Eminox exhaust stack falls off and punctures the tank :open_mouth:

you didnt hear him then dom, he did and still on about it today :grimacing: you butcher, good old chip pan he"s a boy

globby 480:

dominicpriestley:

philberg182:

bradfordlad9999:

you didnt hear him then dom, he did and still on about it today :grimacing: you butcher, good old chip pan he"s a boy

I know, I’ve had texts from Bob ribbing me about it. He seemsto have forgotten that he ‘knew’ it was a bit dodgy. :stuck_out_tongue:

what about transflash.had a big place on mount street.billy jackson.mick jacks run two 112s on italy out of a little yard of mount st.stuart darnborough 2 or 3 tankers on food stuffs.and x howarth now bradford brian patefield in ph old yard now i think.goodale still has his garage top of mount st.and yea there were loads of owner drivers in bfd i think every pub when i was a kid had a tractor unit outside it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

One of Chapmans ERFs driven by my Late father Syd Henry.

found this on Flickr

I remember N Mc clelland always had a smart looking F10, maybe he had more. Used to see it parked in a yard behind Bowling baths off Wakefield Road.

hamster x:
One of Chapmans ERFs driven by my Late father Syd Henry.

A great photo ,do you know where it was taken ?

The ERF photo was taken one saturday morn just below the old cafe on mill lane Bradford,next to G B Hindles garage.

philberg182:
I Bowling baths off Wakefield Road.

Good god Cpt Chubbs i hope to christ you wasnt in those baths with ya tank strap speedo thong on… :grimacing: :grimacing:

philberg182:
I remember N Mc clelland always had a smart looking F10, maybe he had more. Used to see it parked in a yard behind Bowling baths off Wakefield Road.

he had two me dad did a bit for him on the italian job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

what about billy jackson as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

One of H. Bakers the driver is Derek Moore now in his eightys

fielders pix 001.jpg

did mick jacks have a couple of 112s inpounded in greece