Bradford hauliers

Definitely Fitzwilliam St and Rycrofts behind, this is the best i can do with the bus and whose is the trailer don’t remember the lettering. Les.

The bus looks to be an Eastern National Bristol. Ro

One for YOUNGDAVE, remember this Dave or was it before you started at Crow’s, 1970 ish at Blackburn, Paul Blanchard was the driver and was underneath when the lorry ran away, but he got out ok, didn’t know Paul worked at Crow’s I worked with him at City Road, Renwicks, must be the only photo of a Crow’s lorry, article from Blackburn fire brigade archive. Les.

Hi Les i don’t recall this incident i was there from 1964 to 74 it could been after
i left. I remember the motor it was one of a few we got from Harold woods.
You do well at finding these old photos les i liked them others you found
with the old commer’s .
Cheers Dave.

ERF-NGC-European:
The bus looks to be an Eastern National Bristol. Ro

Originally registered to United Bus Company but could have ended up with Eastern National when they merged in 1952. This sister bus shows what it would have looked like in its heyday.

Another Crow’s Dave not that you can see much of it. Clayton scouts bound for the Isle of Arran 1960 ish. Les.

Hi Les you do well finding these photos keep them coming.
Cheers Dave.

Another Bradford wool wagon.

The name rings a bell, anyone know owt about them?

Regards. John.

YOUNGDAVE:
Hi Les you do well finding these photos keep them coming.
Cheers Dave.

That could be the last Dave but I’ll keep digging. Les.

Thanks for the photo John not many wool lorry photos about to say how much we used to shift, obviously G B Hindle long gone, Hindle Group, gears etc. in same area, two more G B Hindle photos here, if you find any more put them on please John. Les.

les-p:
Thanks for the photo John not many wool lorry photos about to say how much we used to shift, obviously G B Hindle long gone, Hindle Group, gears etc. in same area, two more G B Hindle photos here, if you find any more put them on please John. Les.

The first photo reminded me of a photo my grandad had on his wall of an eight wheeler Maudsley , i think it was a BRS motor but could have been Longs , the location looks like Tillotsons at Burnley and that’s where i think my grandads photo was taken , then again i could be completely wrong because now i’ve got Manningham Park in my head … i need a pint

Must be the early days of W C Forder. Les.

That’s a strange one Les. Could be a bus chassis ? The cab looks like the front of the Albion buses they used to have in the Channel Islands.
Anyway, here’s a couple more I found on’t Net.

Regards John.

old 67:
That’s a strange one Les. Could be a bus chassis ? The cab looks like the front of the Albion buses they used to have in the Channel Islands.

Regards John.

Yes your right it was an Albion coach, thanks for the reply John. Les.

old 67:

Regards John.

That’s a good photo of the Commer at Woolcombers i lived near there its all g9ne now with Morrisons taking part of it and building a Farmers Boy factory , the sec9nd photo , didn’t they have a place on Prince St at Dudley Hill ?

A couple more oldies. Les.

les-p:
A couple more oldies. Les.

Nice 1 Les Prince St and at the top of the road Tong St , those houses are well gone but the rest is very similar , the pub is still there but it isn’t a pub anymore

Hi les loaded out of there last year it is now Dave textiles.
Cheers Dave.

YOUNGDAVE:
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave evidently started in 1895 by Francis Henry Davy, not many firms can match that, long time since I loaded there. Les.

les-p:

YOUNGDAVE:
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave evidently started in 1895 by Francis Henry Davy, not many firms can match that, long time since I loaded there. Les.

My cousins worked there for years she now works in an office they have in Ilkley , or she did the last time i saw her, Davy Textiles i think it’s called