Bradford hauliers

Bebbs:

Flying machine no doubt … 75 mph

Yes Ramone it pulled a trailer aswell

ramone:

Bebbs:

Flying machine no doubt … 75 mph

Hi ramone that motor went like a train, lad that drove it when it was new used to do
three Londons a week working out of Lep at Bradford most weeks.
It was bought new from Tilitsons bradford we had it on distance work
for about three years then it was put on local work,it was recabbed
after about five years due to cab rot.
Regards Dave.

Bebbs:
[quote=

He as a look of Lennie Schofield in that picture , did they do much for Magnet I remember a few of Magnet drivers getting sacked for parking ticket fiddles but I also heard they were looking for an excuse to get rid of them because they were on high wages. My dad worked for Cyril Whiteleys in the late `50s and they got plenty of work from Magnet running to London with more drops than a milkman

That’s right can rember going with my dad as a kid in the 70s al lot of the drops for magnet all window frames doors etc all hand ball multi drop rope and sheet and if not thAt timber

Bebbs:

you got some great pics bebbs

Thanks for that Bradford lad I keep asking family and friends now so don’t give me all the credit but it’s good to share these pictures

Bebbs:

That load was loaded out of Magnets yard at Scarborgh or off the Quay side down in the harbour.
They had quite a lot of timber boats off loading in Scarborgh for a lot of years it was a good back load
for us. They also had there motors loading back to Keighley they had 2 motors on full time
night and day running timber into keighley.
Cheers dave.

Bebbs:

good little motors bit numb on the hills thought

bradfordlad9999:

SHYTOT:
Are HLH Transport still around in the Bradford area run by a chap called Steve Wilson i think ■■

yes they still at low moor he just got a nice 580 scania

Bradfordlad : do you drive a silver E46 BMW E11FTH and is AY58BLJ yours?

One for Ramone, same wagon, taken from Paul Gees thread on one of Deans odds and sods pages, hope you don’t mind Dean. Les.

1966%20various[1].jpg