Bradford hauliers

Hi Dave, yes anything old was good, first I had was AEC unit 40ft single axle trailer wheels right on the end, next was Scammell ex Mason bros, Rotherham, ERF, and the only new unit a 684 Fiat, crap, only drivers name I remember on Barretts was Louis Duffton, brain fade, English Electric work was good apart from the tackle, but it got the job done and it was experience. Les.

Hi Dave, yes anything old was good, first I had was AEC unit 40ft single axle trailer wheels right on the end, next was Scammell ex Mason bros, Rotherham, ERF, and the only new unit a 684 Fiat, crap, only drivers name I remember on Barretts was Louis Duffton, brain fade, English Electric work was good apart from the tackle, but it got the job done and it was experience. Les.
sorry it posted twice.

gloves:

YOUNGDAVE:
Hi gloves have you got any photos of Bebbs of cullingwoth.
Cheers dave.

Sorry if you have seen some of the tow trucks before on other sites, but still interesting as over 30 years since photo’d them.

Not many from Bebbs though, as I had started to photo tippers, mixers, powder tankers etc. Then only bothered with flats if they had a hiab on

Barry

the AEC recovery we ended up with that in 1994 we nocked down a garage just off wakefeild road and it was in there it ran perfect went well Kevin Dennis ended up buying it in 95

bradfordlad9999:

gloves:

YOUNGDAVE:
Hi gloves have you got any photos of Bebbs of cullingwoth.
Cheers dave.

Sorry if you have seen some of the tow trucks before on other sites, but still interesting as over 30 years since photo’d them.

Not many from Bebbs though, as I had started to photo tippers, mixers, powder tankers etc. Then only bothered with flats if they had a hiab on

New to this website so hope this works shall look for more photos of the trucks have some here of trucks that my father D Bebb started again with but would love to see if others have any please show

[quote=

Bebbs:
[quote=

blast from the past some good pics there bebbs

[quote=

Glad you liked Bradford lad shall look for more

[quote=

Hi Bebbs, nice to see something different on the thread, interesting stuff, remember D & M Bebb well. Les.

Bebbs:
[quote=

Big John must have taken that photo from is hang glider ?
Cheers dave.

yes he did he gone more modern as well he uses a drone now

Thanks les glad you all like

Bebbs:
[quote=

I remember seeing them about in the `80s , when did they start up and when did they finish. Did they do a bit for Magnet or am I imagining that?

Bebbs did yes but really don’t know much about TMS from wigan

Bebbs:
Bebbs did yes but really don’t know much about TMS from wigan

They started early 70s working for lep in Bradford mostly doing london mullty drops
started loading back from Magnet at Grays which led to doing loads out of Keighley.
Mid 70s they also started working for the Repton foundrey at Crossflats Bingley
which kept us very busy.
Regards Dave.