bookers

where I am, booker cash and carry are looking for drivers,they are advertising for class C and C and E,what do other drivers know about them and since when did they start using articulated vehicles,i can only assume they are doing what a lot of employers do,ask for class 1 to drive class 2 vehicles because they think if you can drive hgv1 then you will be able to drive class 2 without any problems,[no disrespect to class 2 drivers]

truckman020:
where I am, booker cash and carry are looking for drivers,they are advertising for class C and C and E,what do other drivers know about them and since when did they start using articulated vehicles,i can only assume they are doing what a lot of employers do,ask for class 1 to drive class 2 vehicles because they think if you can drive hgv1 then you will be able to drive class 2 without any problems,[no disrespect to class 2 drivers]

I interviewed for Booker in Swindon for class 2 delivery work, all sounded ok and money was alright (from my perspective (11.56/hr salary), oddly they pay more in Swindon than Bristol it seems. Didn’t go ahead as the other applicants had prior food delivery experience though. They have a banner up nearby for B, C1 C and C + E, I assume C + E might be some branch deliveries from hub?

I didn’t realise until the interview that they’ve been bought by Tesco.

I’ve done some agency work for booker/Marko. You have to put the shopping away (cages) for premier shop owners.
I’m not someone’s ■■■■■ so I only did one shift. A week later was offer 11.50ph if I’d do a full week. They have trouble getting idiots to work for bookers.

They’ve used artics for years but oddly enough, I’ve never actually seen any rigids!

Rigids are plain white because of the stuff they carry booze ■■■■ ect ect

Shagged out old Mercs.

Did a drop in Sheffield for them where the fat old ■■■■■ that ran the petrol station was delighted to tell me that she had phoned customer services and they wanted to speak to me, as I was running late.

Unloaded then fatty came over and said phone for you. Woman came on the phone, nice as pie, and said have you had a few problems today. I said in ear shot of the fat ■■■■■ 'yes the ■■■■■■■ shop keepers want me to restock there shelves and not help with unloading.

Her fat ■■■■■■■ lazy ■■■■ of a son decided to help out out when I had 4 packs of beer left after 4 cages full of the ■■■■.

Only way to do them jobs is get the cages to the door and if they don’t take them themselves fail the drop.

RDC or local cash & carry?
RDC deliveries to cash & carries are all artics (17 reg mercs up here) and tipped by FLT. There are some direct to shop deliveries but they are called chef direct and are usually kitchens, cinemas and things like that on a rigid

Cash and carry deliveries are up to rigid and usually deliver to corner shop type retailers. Pallets and cages, normally tail lift jobs but can then be handball and take the pallets/cages back with you

I interviewed at South Elmsall. Frankly, if I am a driver, warehouse worker and shelf stacker I want the pay to match. £9.50 didnt meet that requirement.

xichrisxi:
Rigids are plain white because of the stuff they carry booze ■■■■ ect ect

I think it’s just that some are rental trucks.
They had a 26 tonne Merc here with the livery on, but that seems to have been replaced by a couple of DAF LFs, one with Enterprise Rental on the side. And the 7.5t Fuso Canters are liveried as Booker Direct.

My golden rule…
If you can eat it or drink it…DON’T deliver it :wink:

did a shift for the depot (literally) over the road from where I live , 18t delivering to local/corner shops within a 30 mile radius . as has been said was expected to manhandle cages into said shops , however they sent a drivers mate to help , a young lad as keen as mustard :smiley: . not sure I would have had him had I been full time though . some shop keepers were to put it mildly, ignorant seemed to think you were a unpaid shop assistant, others would muck in and offer you a can of pop and a biccy for your trouble .