First employer advice please

Hi,Does anyone have any views on best employees for new class c drivers I.e companies that offer a decent induction or training schemes for new drivers?

Do you mean best employers?

Yes sorry

As a new pass it is unlikely you’ll be spoilt for choice, so the “best” one will be the one that is prepared to give you a chance to cut your teeth, don’t be surprised if you don’t get a chance of anything more than 7.5T work, it’s fairly common practice.

As Christmas is not to far way food service or dry work

How desperate are you? :stuck_out_tongue:

If youre anywhere near a Booker wholesaler theyre worth a look. They took me on with no experience, 2 days of death by powerpoint training then send you out with another driver for a week.

Its a crap job, starting around 4am every day, multidrop in hideous little housing estate rat runs to corner shops that shouldnt really be served by anything bigger than a van, badly stacked pallets and roll cages loaded by trained chimps in the warehouse who have no idea about load security and theyll fall over often.

But it pays pretty well (was on about £16-something an hour, plus guaranteed at least 10hrs pay a day so everyone drove like a lunatic to get finished early and still get paid), and because nobody wants to do it theres a high turnover of drivers and always desperate for more. I stuck it out for a few months to get some experience on my CV then went on to bigger and better things.

I imagine any kind of wholesaler/catering delivery is similar and worth a look if youre desperate.