Bogus Traffic Cops

A quote from a news item on these forums:

"Pointing out that only officers in panda cars can stop motorists, Detective Sergeant Neil Langford said: "Members of the public should only ever stop for a marked police car. "

So we don’t need to stop for a ‘genuine’ unmarked car then?

Driving through a quiet Norfolk town one night in my car, I got pulled by a plod in a marked car who said he was going to nick me for failing to stop.
It seems the nutter in the car behind me was also plod & in thier eyes not pulling over for an plain clothes prat in a unmarked car who had flashed his lights at me was an offence.
After a lot of arguing during which I demanded thier names, numbers & stations & they had refused I took thier car numbers, the collar number of the unifromed pillock & told them to put up or shut up, got in my car & later made a formal complaint about thier behaviour & actions.
Results?, plod looked after plod, Stop for this uniformed panda driver again, I’d run the sod over next time.

as stated b4, i don’t stop 4 a unmarked car, they can book me when i do stop inside a secure police station :wink:

You guy’s don’t want to drive in Northern Ireland then,used to be about 90% of the police cars where unmarked!!!

Big Truck:
You guy’s don’t want to drive in Northern Ireland then,used to be about 90% of the police cars where unmarked!!!

different situation over there :wink:

kitkat:

Yeah, I cannot understand why they never had Mod’s over in Ireland, plenty Skin Heads with Dr Martins but no Mod’s with the Target on the back of their Parkas LOL :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Davey Driver:

kitkat:

Yeah, I cannot understand why they never had Mod’s over in Ireland, plenty Skin Heads with Dr Martins but no Mod’s with the Target on the back of their Parkas LOL :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

was that you putting your name forward davey :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

kitkat:

Hahahahaha No but I Bet Emma would nominate me Lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:

kitkat:

Hahahahaha No but I Bet Emma would nominate me Lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

is that after she puts you in the firing line :laughing:

Most of the parcel company trunk lorries that were hijacked were done so by people using bogus “marked police cars” and in police uniform.

not sure about now because i have only recently come back in to trucking after a long time away but i do remember last time i did some driving and i was pulling some very expensive loads i was told at time by a member of the law if you ever have a car trying to pull you up even if they have blue lights on and you are in any way worried about said car i.e. just blue lights and no markings drive to local police station or ring police to make sure. mobile’s where just coming in then even though they where very big to say the least. sure you could do same now and a phone call (on your hands free :slight_smile: ) should cover your ■■■

Galaxian:
not sure about now because i have only recently come back in to trucking after a long time away but i do remember last time i did some driving and i was pulling some very expensive loads i was told at time by a member of the law if you ever have a car trying to pull you up even if they have blue lights on and you are in any way worried about said car i.e. just blue lights and no markings drive to local police station or ring police to make sure. mobile’s where just coming in then even though they where very big to say the least. sure you could do same now and a phone call (on your hands free :slight_smile: ) should cover your ■■■

you are allowed to make am emergency call without hands free
Q11. Are there any exemptions?
Yes. There is an exemption for calls to 999 (or 112) in genuine emergencies where it is unsafe or impractical to stop. There is also an exemption for the use of 2-way radios (see Q14 below).
Source : DFT FAQ on mobile phone ban

Is this a bogus cop?

Policeman: “I’m afraid that I’m going to have to lock you up for the night.”
Truck Driver: “What’s the charge officer?”
Policeman: "Oh, there’s no charge. It’s all part of the service.