Careful Who You Stop For

Especially on the ‘unlit’ stretches of m’ways/dc’s …
thamesvalley.police.uk/newse … ?id=172687

i must admit i would be tempted to pull over for an unmarked beemer but then again you should not pull over unless you see the blue lights.

Unless I see blue lights then the car that’s trying to pull me over is getting rammed and I mean that.

No way Jose! Done enough of that pulling Scotch out of Scotland in the past to not stop for no one! Why did he have passenger door unlocked? Remember a guy from Ostridges in Essex few years ago, kidnapped him, that was computer stuff!
‘Crazytrucker’

I think the car had blue lights but if it was just a magnetic lamp, it wouldn’t have been me stopping without some other telltale like a follow me or police stop sign.

Thick as ■■■■■■

The police could stamp this out instantly by saying they will never stop a hgv in an unmarked car, they will then follow the hgv whilst they wait for a marked police car to pull it over. Its a hassle but it would eradicate this capper overnight.

Motorway cars will have blue lights AND red lights. This includes unmarked cars.

They crooks also use copycat VOSA cars. VOSA will only pull you using the overhead marker board and AMBER flashers until you have actually stopped then the reds will come on.

They will NEVER have a single blue light.

Rozzers will only stop you using both sets, and as was mentioned, Why was his passenger door unlocked?

It is up to us to secrue our vehicles and ourselves. If you get stopped, always ask for I.D. BEFORE you unlock you door, or get out.

firstly im glad the driver is ok,secondly ive read a few stories like this and im sorry but these have to be inside jobs to a degree… :unamused: because how the heck would they know what truck to target,a plain white trailer with no markings and it contains high value computers,just like that polish driver who wasnt so lucky that was expensive tv’s…all the loads that are targeted are of high value and thats understandable but surely if someone is watching movements at a depot or yard where high value goods are loaded then where is security… :unamused:

just goes to show that if that car is not marked there is no way in hell i would pull over especially if i were carrying a high value load… :wink:

Set up…

Wasn’t there a public warning a few years ago that if you are ‘pulled over’ by an unmarked police vehicle you are to telephone the police on 999/112 to ask them if that is one of their vehicles? Some operators may say ‘well of course it is’ and a reply with ‘I’m driving a truck pulling a high value load so if you can’t confirm it I’ll carry on’ but that could get you into more trouble with ‘resisting arrest’. Catch 22?

But I’d agree, that keeping doors locked is a good plan anyway. But if the Police had a system where they could say to LGV drivers that if they are unsure they can ring 999 to ask/check then that will help things somewhat more. But bogus officials don’t happen that often, and they would need intel on the load as 20t of eggs isn’t a good haul :smiley: :smiley:

How’s about this for an inside job…

Company I used to work for used to park booze trailers in a certain yard near B/ham as we weren’t allowed to stay hooked up to them in the services or a layby over night as per insurance company rules. It was a pain because if I was tipping London on the Monday then I could only head as far as that yard on the Sunday. Anyway, up rolls a plain white unit on fake plates to the gate house, hands over the correct paperwork including trailer number and correct destination to the bod in the gate house and off he trots with a trailer full of Scotlands finest.

The company didn’t know where the trailer was till a week later when joe bloggs called up to ask when the company was going to shift their trailer from a street.

If that wasn’t an inside jod then I don’t know what is…

Total inside job.

Apparently Tuffnells lost 5 lorries to people with stolen police cars about 3 years ago. We’ve been told to phone up and get confirmation before pulling over.

Saratoga:
but that could get you into more trouble with ‘resisting arrest’. Catch 22?

Disagree, you are legally entitled to refuse to stop at an “unsafe” location.
You are not obliged to stop on the hard shoulder, the most dangerous part of a motorway but you may continue to a “safe” place, ie MSA, police station or other “public place” with no fear of prosecution (we have this printed on our log books), legitimate plod will be aware of this.

Alcpone:
Total inside job.

If it’s not I’ll bare my arse on the town hall steps.

Actrosman:
Especially on the ‘unlit’ stretches of m’ways/dc’s …
thamesvalley.police.uk/newse … ?id=172687

You nnever can be too careful. When I park upfor my 45 or a quick zizz, I always make sure I lock both doors. If I pulled over for a vehicle showing a blue light then I’d demand ID. No police officer is going to resent that.

Saratoga:
But if the Police had a system where they could say to LGV drivers that if they are unsure they can ring 999 to ask/check then that will help things somewhat more

They do have such a system in place. It’s called the RTNA* system.

*Ring Three Nines and Ask. :wink:

Saratoga:
…and they would need intel on the load as 20t of eggs isn’t a good haul :smiley: :smiley:

Unless they were chocolate eggs at this time of year. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

the guy should be sacked.
what sort of ■■■■■■ pulls over for an unmarked car? :unamused:

IDIOT.

In a previous life I was a paramedic. And there were a few fakes wannabes about (probably still are) that had blue lights/uniforms/etc - easily available from Ebay who of course aren’t interested in doing anything about it.

I used to do a lot of private work and my own car was the work motor - all the lights etc were covert, it was a late model white Volvo T5. I used to cover a lot of motorway miles and often ended up stopping at/coming across RTCs so would use the lights to protect myself and the scene if none of the services were there. Only once did any of the police ask to see that the car was actually insured as an ambulance vehicle and I was a bona fide paramedic and that was because a first aider objected to me (and my ITU nurse girlfriend) over ruling her and she complained that she didn’t think we were genuine, as we had moved an uninjured driver from a car in lane 3 of the M1!

W.

The Saxmachine:
Apparently Tuffnells lost 5 lorries to people with stolen police cars about 3 years ago. We’ve been told to phone up and get confirmation before pulling over.

And if it is a genuine police car, you get done £60 for using a mobile phone :laughing: :laughing: