Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

DEANB:
Heres an old Bedford.

From the badge on the front new aprox 1963-64

Hi mark ,I think I doing ebbw vale and Swansea in morning cheers John

smallcoal:

Ok John no probs mate…they will be there for you…leave the others with Dean for me :smiley:

I am still waiting for this address ,I do now know it was a farm :open_mouth: , as I told the client we are taller and weaker than oil and milk tankers :open_mouth: , I let you all know when I know , and yes the saddle stones are going and they are bloody tall and look heavy , might need a forklift or grab crane .

JAKEY:
I am still waiting for this address ,I do now know it was a farm :open_mouth: , as I told the client we are taller and weaker than oil and milk tankers :open_mouth: , I let you all know when I know , and yes the saddle stones are going and they are bloody tall and look heavy , might need a forklift or grab crane .

Hi jakey,any news on that adress mate cheers John

One from my old firm

Nice TK ,Proper removal wagon .

John , No news yet ,client will not confirm address as worried it will fall through again , I keep pushing though.

A couple of lanes Devon

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice pictures of Lanes of devon, I was in Tawnton Deane on Friday morning having a sneaky 30 min before I made the last punch to Tiverton, and in swung a Volvo artic , the two young lads came in to mc d’s and spoke to us as they clocked we were removal men , nice to chat as most drivers do not speak these days .

JAKEY:
Nice pictures of Lanes of devon, I was in Tawnton Deane on Friday morning having a sneaky 30 min before I made the last punch to Tiverton, and in swung a Volvo artic , the two young lads came in to mc d’s and spoke to us as they clocked we were removal men , nice to chat as most drivers do not speak these days .

I was down Weston super mare and hinkley Friday the traffic on m5 was horrendous it is nice when other drivers talk to you as you said nobody talks anymore which is sad really

smallcoal:

Hi John…I take it you didn’t do Swansea after this week mate…the megs were there for you mate ?

smallcoal:
A couple of lanes Devon

Lovely size on these six pallet vans John…I would of thought around Devon and Cornwall there a lot of transhipping going on with these vans…lots of access isues in those parts of the world…as Jakey ran into in Tiverton :smiley:
Lot of double handling.

Regards Mark

image.jpg

JAKEY:

Hi Steve…you still on that job in Tiverton mate ?
I saw the Lanes Volvo artic on Wednesday evening on the M50 north bound…and like you say lanes have got a lot of youngsters doing the job for them and some tidy lads to…All the training Britannia do it’s at lanes always in Bridgewater…like I say some good lads there.
Regards Mark

Paul took this one of a Bedford.

A02070.JPG

gezt:
One from my old firm

Hello gezt,
lovely looking TK there …is this company still going today ?
I read your post a page or two back and you mentioned you worked for Bullens out of Hinckley Leicestershire also ?

FB_IMG_1529681532891.jpg

Cookes sold to seabourne of barking, nothing left in Nuneaton, great firm to work for, cracking boss and brill team of lads.
Worked at Bullens on catalogue side delivering all the furniture etc all over country and then took on south wales run permanently.
Good bunch of lads there as well.

DEANB:
Paul took this one of a Bedford.

Hi Dean…Yes you posted this one a while back…this one realy made me smile when I first saw it…Ellis Morgan integral…they ran a lot of these on insulation work back in the late 70s. …ups.
Thanks for posting it Dean.
Regards Mark

A02070.jpg

gezt:
Cookes sold to seabourne of barking, nothing left in Nuneaton, great firm to work for, cracking boss and brill team of lads.
Worked at Bullens on catalogue side delivering all the furniture etc all over country and then took on south wales run permanently.
Good bunch of lads there as well.

Another proper removal company gone then…I still often stop over in Nuneaton …I use the Co.op club in the town centre…not the club it use to be when I first stopped there in the late 70s early 80s though.
The reason I asked about Bullens in Hinckley we use to work for Bullens on the catalogue…mailorder work to loaded out of Hinckley many time for south Wales…you guys would also bring loads for south Wales in to us in Swansea to and pick up the returns from us.

Regards Mark

images.jpg

Happy days they were, retired now so gadding about as an unpaid tourist.

marktaff:

smallcoal:

Hi John…I take it you didn’t do Swansea after this week mate…the megs were there for you mate ?

Hi mark sorry mate they changed the routing about I been working till 8 most nights cause of ed ( zb) sheer an traffic heavy I Deffo on Carmarthen tomorrow as other driver night out tomorrow hopefully I have early finishes this week how’s your mother