Funny Story...

Just for once the tables were turned and I enjoyed every minute of it.

You know when the customs (when we had them :open_mouth: ) were on a bender and would pull someone out and give them a good shakedown and you could be there all ■■■■ day? Well I got picked in Chatham docks one morning in late November when I was in there picking up an unaccompanied trailer. You remember when it was Christmas tree time and you’d get a stripped out tilt full of trees in nets. Yep you got it. I was just about to leave when the finger pointed and said “its you!”.

So I sat there while a handful of blokes took every tree out of that trailer oh it was lovely, they must have had pine needles in their undies. I certainly heard a lot of swearing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Lonewolf

I remember seeing the Customs pull an Eastern European wagon and drag many years ago in Normandy Ferries Terminal when they came into in Southampton Docks, he was loaded with tubular chairs well the dockies were there for 3 days trying to get all the chairs back in as there was a knack to stacking them. In the end they had to get another boxvan to take those they couldn’t get back in!!

I often wondered who had to pay for that messing about!

Regards Pat

:laughing: haha theyve done this at harwich with tyres before and had to pay for another truck to take the rest they could not fit in