Birmingham and black country firms

I remember AMG, my brother Bill drove for them I seem to remember he drove a Berliet French truck, two others I remember where Les Powell and Trevor Onions they all did France and Italy. I used to go abroad with him from time to time.
[/quote]

Greacy
have a look at the Long Departed Southampton Hauliers page 457 a couple of pics of AMG one of a Berliet
[/quote]
Kns64. Can’t find page 457, only goes up to page 412, old Southampton hauliers can you check?
[/quote]
Just checked it is 457 the last page

KNS64:
I remember AMG, my brother Bill drove for them I seem to remember he drove a Berliet French truck, two others I remember where Les Powell and Trevor Onions they all did France and Italy. I used to go abroad with him from time to time.

Greacy
have a look at the Long Departed Southampton Hauliers page 457 a couple of pics of AMG one of a Berliet
[/quote]
Kns64. Can’t find page 457, only goes up to page 412, old Southampton hauliers can you check?
[/quote]
Just checked it is 457 the last page0
[/quote]
Living and working in Selly Oak i remember A M Garage well
Their motors where a low key grey and blue and used to come into Sturge Chemicals on occasions in Kings Norton.
i was on the bus going home along the A38 in Northfield B’Ham when a French registered Saviem pulling a AMG trailer
emerged from Bell Lane at a set of lights. There where 2 guys sat behind me and one of them said’
‘Look at that, its a Mack’ then they started to have a light hearted argument about what it was.
It make me chuckle
Incidentally, i understood AMG to stand for ‘Annie Mosley Garage’ though i do not know whether that was correct or not.

youtu.be/ipoxnw-uDHk
Thought this would be of interest to some.

pyewacket947v:

KNS64:

Greacy

[/quote]
[/quote]
Living and working in Selly Oak i remember A M Garage well
Their motors where a low key grey and blue and used to come into Sturge Chemicals on occasions in Kings Norton.
i was on the bus going home along the A38 in Northfield B’Ham when a French registered Saviem pulling a AMG trailer
emerged from Bell Lane at a set of lights. There where 2 guys sat behind me and one of them said’
‘Look at that, its a Mack’ then they started to have a light hearted argument about what it was.
It make me chuckle
Incidentally, i understood AMG to stand for ‘Annie Mosley Garage’ though i do not know whether that was correct or not.
[/quote]
I think it was Alf Moseley garage!

KNS64:

Greacy
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks for the photo of a berliet but it was a different model to the one shown thanks anyway.

stinkinunrich:
https://youtu.be/ipoxnw-uDHk

Yes indeed, remember Applebys motors very well.

pyewacket947v:

stinkinunrich:
https://youtu.be/ipoxnw-uDHk

Yes indeed, remember Applebys motors very well.

All filmed at Coopers top and bottom yards in Downing Street Smethwick, some of Maurice Hughes motors as well

Good evening all, I have been searching for god knows how long about the Volvo FL that ran the Cadbury tanker/tippers in the 90s cant find any pictures at all, i know they ran them from Leominster plant with molton choc crumb. Does anybody have any pictures of them?

Anyone out there used to drive for Midland Integrated Services from Oldbury, situated on Park Lane Ind estate, we did multiple drops all over UK.

Come on you guys, where are the R.K.Crisp drivers ■■

Arthur Turnbull (Transport) Limited
Tyburn Road
Erdington
Birmingham

Scania 81 - JUE 559V

Photograph taken outside Depot at Spaghetti Junction

JUE 559V.jpeg

that was a poky yard, also the worst possible place to have one…

Rounds Transport.

hi chris, rounds rings a bell with me where were they based…?

m.a.n rules:
hi chris, rounds rings a bell with me where were they based…?

Hockley Lane, Netherton, Dudley.

no mate not the one i was trying to recall, are yours still trading…?

m.a.n rules:
no mate not the one i was trying to recall, are yours still trading…?

No mate we finished in the 90’s

Later in the 70’s

FB_IMG_1453223227591.jpg

any one got any pics of birmingham our black country firms …be it small firms our even some of the big boys …exel…tnt automotive logistics -…swifts…

hiya,
Hamptons used to pull for Patent Shaft mainly E R Fs, siill going??, sorry no pics.
thanks harry long retired.