Birmingham and black country firms

Morning Pete,Just had a quick read of this thread.So many memories revived.Lived and worked in Brum for 28 years.Subbed for Holloways and Elements,ARC Tarmac at Rowley,Sold Flavell his first Bison APA825T.John Howells now down to his last Foden.Happy Days,Also subbed for Thomas Ingles with our ERF.Will post photo later.

leylandlover:
Morning Pete,Just had a quick read of this thread.So many memories revived.Lived and worked in Brum for 28 years.Subbed for Holloways and Elements,ARC Tarmac at Rowley,Sold Flavell his first Bison APA825T.John Howells now down to his last Foden.Happy Days,Also subbed for Thomas Ingles with our ERF.Will post photo later.

Hi LL,
Alan Flavell still knocking about with a Daf 6 legger in Midland Quarry Products livery, think Mick Siddaway drove that Bison, young Eddie will know as he was a mechanic at Flavells.
Our recently departed friend Trev H used to work for Thomas Ingles :frowning: , one of D.J Leddington’s drivers used to work for Ingles and he used to take that Big J, the one Richard Stanier has got, up to Dounrey power station with pipework from Thompsons!

Here’s our ERF in ingle colours

leylandlover:

Was that when Ingles had the yard on Spring Road Ettingshall?

Yes Pete,We used to haul from Thomson,s for them.I hated the work :frowning: Took a ships engine up north once,wide load police ■■■■■■ etc.

Hello all.
Would any of the older members here remember Harmo tubes in Hay Mill’s Birmingham, I used to bunk off school on a friday and have a run out with my uncle, I can remember that very close to Harmo’s there was a massive building with big signs advertising Rootes Group/ Commer/ Hillman / Sunbeam and a few other makes, Would be interested to hear if Harmo Tubes are still trading, Thanks. :question: :question: :question:

gah1950:
Hello all.
Would any of the older members here remember Harmo tubes in Hay Mill’s Birmingham, I used to bunk off school on a friday and have a run out with my uncle, I can remember that very close to Harmo’s there was a massive building with big signs advertising Rootes Group/ Commer/ Hillman / Sunbeam and a few other makes, Would be interested to hear if Harmo Tubes are still trading, Thanks. :question: :question: :question:

Morning Graham,
Harmo exhausts shut around 2005, according to my mate who used to fetch the scrap from there, it was on Wharfedale road.
The building you are on about was it around four stories high and situated along side the railway sidings? If so that has been demolished as well, Cheer’s Pete

AAPinx:
. . Hi All . …
. . how about HOSHIP . . in showell rd Bushbury . . I drove F292 EWD . ERF E14 320 . . Pulled like a train … NOT fully loaded from Traben trabach with 25 tonnes of wine in a triaxle supercube tilt !!! . . Anyone Ex-Hoship on here ■■ . . Also worked for Clarkes in Oldbury for a while . . a Cockney amongst all those Yam Yams !!! lol . .
. . Daz \0/ .

.Not my pic but will remove if requested,

Callows Balsall Common I think?

d.JPG

pete smith:

leylandlover:

Almost opposite Tom Johnson’s place?

fryske:

pete smith:

leylandlover:

That’s the one Fryske, scaffolding company in there now, have you any pictures of Johnson’s D series ?

pete smith:

fryske:

pete smith:

leylandlover:

That’s the one Fryske, scaffolding company in there now, have you any pictures of Johnson’s D series ?

Only the rusty cherry picker he uses to fix the roof!

Not seen them for ages - and I get muddled with the generations of Johnson - I know “Tom” who is 40 something? and he was living there with his dad “Tom” and his son (not called Tom iirc!)- is that right?
I know senior died a year or two back but not spoken to them for a while tbh

Last time I went past he still had a cargo in the corner of the yard, probably 3 years ago?

taylors from Lichfield ?

Punchy Dan:
0taylors from Lichfield ?

Only just clocked this Dan, yes mate they are Taylors

Bromford Tube, all consigned to history,

pete smith:
Bromford Tube, all consigned to history,

Great Photo Pete, 1930 reg; Keep them coming, Regards Larry.

Banks’s brewery,Wolverhampton

Top Pop’s Crown Street Wolverhampton, It’s lonely now Trev H and Saviem have departed , need to do some recruiting!

14572306_760803494060583_1302112386436593894_n.jpg