Berkshire Companies

neversweat1:

scammellpainter:
Hi. I was at Hadleys from 1970 until 1983. I have some old pics, some of which you may have seen before. Once I learn how to use this site I will scan some and put them up.
From some of the comments I have read I assume one of the subscribers must be the the son of Derek who drove a dozer for Fentons. I know Chester very well and saw him the other week - he does not change. Also saw Pat Cordery, Brian Podery and Pete Hogarth. Good times

My Dad Derek (Deryn) Rush drove a Dozer for Claude Fentons…

At Richfield Avenue

Clearing Snow at Emmer Green in 1963 for a National cross country run :open_mouth:

Cheers
Steve

Bloody hell Steve your dad must have been stiff with cold sat on the dozer in the winter of 1963.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

neversweat1:

scammellpainter:
Hi. I was at Hadleys from 1970 until 1983. I have some old pics, some of which you may have seen before. Once I learn how to use this site I will scan some and put them up.
From some of the comments I have read I assume one of the subscribers must be the the son of Derek who drove a dozer for Fentons. I know Chester very well and saw him the other week - he does not change. Also saw Pat Cordery, Brian Podery and Pete Hogarth. Good times

At Richfield Avenue

Clearing Snow at Emmer Green in 1963 for a National cross country run :open_mouth:

Cheers
Steve

Bloody hell Steve your dad must have been stiff with cold sat on the dozer in the winter of 1963.
Cheers Dave.

And these old lorry drivers thought they had it hard Dave :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Steve

neversweat1:

Dave the Renegade:

neversweat1:

scammellpainter:

At Richfield Avenue

Cheers
Steve

Cheers Dave.

And these old lorry drivers thought they had it hard Dave :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Steve

I remember that winter well Steve.I was 15 years old and it was the coldest I have known. :open_mouth:
Cheers Dave.

Hi Steve
Some great pics.
Your dad was a brilliant blade operator

scammellpainter:
Hi Steve
Some great pics.
Your dad was a brilliant blade operator

Steve

neversweat1.
Hello Steve… Great photos mate…
scammellpainter.
Looking forward to seeing the photos mate. There is a bit that explains how to upload the photos on the index page if its any help…

Another of Bishops and a Strato belonging to Pete Thompson running out of ICI Slough.

boyze roy asks if your grandad george worked for cooper driving a taxi
so john could use the trailer

boyze you remember jugger the bugger he says hello and do you remember doodee going in the little pit by the diesel tank

A few old ones…

Steve

howlingmad.
Yeah, that was my old Grandad… Always in the old Binfield Club!!!
I remember Jugger… Had a few giggles with that old boy… Nights out in the Pilot at Greenwich while loading Tunnell Gold listening to him stutter while eating peas and drinking pints… I still have nightmares!!!

Steve

Hi Steve

I assume you got the Zanya pics from Nigel Cordery ?

scammellpainter:
Hi Steve

I assume you got the Zanya pics from Nigel Cordery ?

Yes indeed :smiley: :smiley:

Steve :smiley:

Steve :smiley:

Used to repair Sonning Haulage’s trucks when they had two BMC Mastiff four wheelers, and later they had a 6x4 Super Mastiff and a Scammell Routeman which we fitted a new axle casing to under warranty.

Pete.

windrush:
Used to repair Sonning Haulage’s trucks when they had two BMC Mastiff four wheelers, and later they had a 6x4 Super Mastiff and a Scammell Routeman which we fitted a new axle casing to under warranty.

Pete.

Tim C:

windrush:

Pete.

Well done! I think that they were supplied through Gibbs of Bedfont but we serviced them at Morris Garages, Castle Street, Reading.

Pete.

Seek and yee shall find,a Pete. :smiley:
Good pics.Tim C nice to see. Mike.

Basilbrush:

Boyze:
ploughmaster65.

Be nice to see them photo`s mate. Bruce is still pulling the pigs with a Scania Topline still in cream and red but I know its only him now. I remember Joe Gray with his fleet of brown cattle trucks had a big yard between Arborfield and Eversley and used to own Fleet Hill Farm. His old yard is still there and Colemans Building Supplies are in there now…

When you say a fleet of Brown cattle trucks, one of them wouldn’t have been a Leyland Octopus & Drag would it? I recall one coming to our sale back in 1966, it was a dark brown 8 wheeler & drag & it sounded lovely. It’d be great to get a photo of that lorry, it was lovely.

BB

lurch2
hi i used to work for joe gray in the 80’s and i never heard of them having lorry and drags firm got taken over by one of the drivers about 89/90