Berkshire Companies

look another

[attachment=1]rmo and orx loaded with blocks
sorry about picture quailty
hope you all enjoy them though :laughing:

Great photos howlingmad… Always were a good clean well turned out fleet and really good to see again…

Boyze:
Great photos howlingmad… Always were a good clean well turned out fleet and really good to see again…

I wish that I could read the companies name though, I worked for a Bedford dealer in Wokingham but those lorries are not familiar to me at all. Please enlighten me!

Pete.

Hello Pete…
Hollyread Transport from Bracknell mate… Would that have been A C Barnes from Oxford Rd in Wokingham??

Boyze:
Hello Pete…
Hollyread Transport from Bracknell mate… Would that have been A C Barnes from Oxford Rd in Wokingham??

Yes Boyze, I did a year there 1974-75 but can’t recall that company at all. The worst year of my working life, I just didn’t fit in somehow but the money was good for the time compared to other firms so I stuck it out until I married and moved to Derbyshire! :laughing: All gone now I believe.

Pete.

Boyze:
Hello Pete…

hi boyze hollyreed
also your dad had the blue km if i remember didn,t he shoot the half shaft out the side the father in law told me that so i can find out about alan from him the father in law is roy he was the mechanic at hollyreed,s
also the i think the other binfield driver was john day his lorry was red

Hello howlingmad.
That is right mate… My dad had the blue Bedford KM and Alan had a tipper KM which was the one that kept throwing the halfshaft… It was John Day who had the red AEC, my dad said he got nicked years ago whilst having a pee up the side of the lorry by some over zealous young copper!!
Alan died about 10 years ago now, and my dad remembers Roy.

hi ya boyze roy says hello he was telling me about stock car days roy said does he remember hiring a morris oxford from coopers blimey i was talking to him most of the afternnon

Hi all, very much enjoying this Berkshire thread. I worked for a number of companys around the Slough area, attached is a couple from my days on Thompsons, a lovely little company doing general haulage. Their customers included Flexello (wheels & castors), Rehau, who made UPC window and door frames, and steel out of Sampsons in Colnbrook. The yellow Transcon and ERF E14 belonged to a fella called Wayne (can’t remember his surname) and I used to mostly pull a bulker on scrap subbied to Grahem Chiverton, we also did a fair bit for Terranova. the green F10 was one I drove for Bruce Bishop (scrap metal).
Hope these are of interest.

Cheers Pete.

howlingmad.
Great to hear Roy is still about. Both my Dad and Alan were both into the Stock Car Racing back in the day. My Dad passes his best onto Roy and between them could proberly keep you there for days talking about the old days… There was always a good bunch around the local area and they all got on and helped each other out back then.
Kingtrucker143.
Some great photos there mate… We have proberly bumped into each other at some point as I worked at Terranova on & off for years… Was the Volvo new to Bruce Bishop or is one of Bruce Parrs ex motors■■?

Boyze:
howlingmad.
Great to hear Roy is still about. Both my Dad and Alan were both into the Stock Car Racing back in the day. My Dad passes his best onto Roy and between them could proberly keep you there for days talking about the old days… There was always a good bunch around the local area and they all got on and helped each other out back then.
Kingtrucker143.
Some great photos there mate… We have proberly bumped into each other at some point as I worked at Terranova on & off for years… Was the Volvo new to Bruce Bishop or is one of Bruce Parrs ex motors■■?

I think the Volvo was purchased second hand as it has a Scottish reg, I do know it was stolen from Slough trading est along with it’s fully loaded trailer not long after I stopped driving it (approx 1992)
As for the Terranova work, I tried to avoid some of the weekend lifts as there was to much hanging around, especialy in London, nothing to eat etc, etc. Although pulling the 50ft trombone with 4 crane jibs was a bit of fun, no weight but very tight for left turns.

Boyze:
Back on the bins. Newer Truck this time.

Last of the Hadley/Fenton Demolition Trucks.

There was only me, Paul Andrews (pig) and Mark Wright who could drive this old beast, everyone else was scared witless of it!!!

The gutless wonder!!

I drove this AEC when it first came to Hadleys. It was a pleasure to drive

I feel I must know a few of you guys out there judging by the comments I have seen. A clue might be the comment I left under the Hadley pics. Have only just discovered this site and have found it both interesting and nostalgic.It is nearly 26 years ago sinceI had anything to do with tippers but was in Reading a few weeks ago for ■■■■ Pibworth’s funeral. RIP
Regards to all and look forward to comments

My old MAN 8136 that I used to run out of ICI paints Slough.

scammellpainter.
Welcome to the site mate… Really sad news about Richard Pidworth or ‘disco ■■■■’ or ‘pit prop’ as he was called at the yard. Sadly I couldn’t make the funeral due to being away… 26 years would be about 1985 so you must have been at the Hyde End Road yard and maybe Grazeley Road for a bit. Would be great if you had some of the old fleet photos that you could share, the only fella I know with any of the old fleet photos is Brian Heath (Chester) and I haven’t seen him for years…
Kingtrucker143.
That old roof pod looks a bit cosy!!!

Boyze:
scammellpainter.
Welcome to the site mate… Really sad news about Richard Pidworth or ‘disco ■■■■’ or ‘pit prop’ as he was called at the yard. Sadly I couldn’t make the funeral due to being away… 26 years would be about 1985 so you must have been at the Hyde End Road yard and maybe Grazeley Road for a bit. Would be great if you had some of the old fleet photos that you could share, the only fella I know with any of the old fleet photos is Brian Heath (Chester) and I haven’t seen him for years…
Kingtrucker143.
That old roof pod looks a bit cosy!!!

At 6ft 1in tall, that Hatcher pod was VERY cosy and cold but as my previous lorry was a TK it seemed huge at the time. :laughing:

Hi. I was at Hadleys from 1970 until 1983. I have some old pics, some of which you may have seen before. Once I learn how to use this site I will scan some and put them up.
From some of the comments I have read I assume one of the subscribers must be the the son of Derek who drove a dozer for Fentons. I know Chester very well and saw him the other week - he does not change. Also saw Pat Cordery, Brian Podery and Pete Hogarth. Good times

scammellpainter:
Hi. I was at Hadleys from 1970 until 1983. I have some old pics, some of which you may have seen before. Once I learn how to use this site I will scan some and put them up.
From some of the comments I have read I assume one of the subscribers must be the the son of Derek who drove a dozer for Fentons. I know Chester very well and saw him the other week - he does not change. Also saw Pat Cordery, Brian Podery and Pete Hogarth. Good times

My Dad Derek (Deryn) Rush drove a Dozer for Claude Fentons…

At Richfield Avenue

Clearing Snow at Emmer Green in 1963 for a National cross country run :open_mouth:

Cheers
Steve

Walter Parsons Dodge just poking into the picture

Steve