BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS........

Danny_b:
ok then IMO thehgvtrainingcentre.co.uk are a shower of usless … It was GTG (owned by Arnold Clark) in whiteinch Glasgow they put me through and the guys there were great, I will be back there on the 5th to do my Mod 4. I’ll enquire to direct pricing so I can post it up. It might help others from waisting a few hard earned £££.

GTG are already in the recommended schools list on this site and contained in the link in my signature below :smiley:

I love typos - so you had less money for food which in turn caused your waisting issue :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■ :unamused: . I drive better than I write I promise :laughing:

Based in Huddersfield, thinking of going with Enterprise LGV in Manchester, are they Ok?

Have contacted a few of these brokers myself when enquiring about HGV training. They don’t mention that they are brokers, but state that ‘we have training schools across the country’. I Was always given the hard sell strategy and the price was astronomical. I shopped around and decided to go with a local school that I had found on the internet, but not before I had spoken to the owner. He gave Me some great advice about what to do first, learning resources, places to go for a medical etc. I have therefore decided to cut out the middle man and do it all myself, shaving just under a grand off of my estimated training costs.

Hi everyone am new to this site am currently going through the process of learning to become a lgv driver I am situated in mid Wales I have been approached by a company from London called hgvtraining.co.uk/ the say they have got training sites across the uk they said I would have to do my training in Shropshire just want some feed back if anyone has used this firm or heard anything good or bad about them before I depart with the £3500 they quoted me to do the theory/rigid/hgv/cpc thanks barry

JARMAN14:
Hi everyone am new to this site am currently going through the process of learning to become a lgv driver I am situated in mid Wales I have been approached by a company from London called hgvtraining.co.uk/ the say they have got training sites across the uk they said I would have to do my training in Shropshire just want some feed back if anyone has used this firm or heard anything good or bad about them before I depart with the £3500 they quoted me to do the theory/rigid/hgv/cpc thanks barry

STAY WELL CLEAR

Always visit a LGV school before paying a penny

You will easily find out if they are any good by asking to do a visit or an assessment drive before paying anything - a broker will not allow you to do that

Hi,

I had a simillar quote from hgvexpress, everyone told me to shop around. i’ve decided to sort it all out myself as it works out cheeper and I can pick who I can use. Im also currently deciding on a training centre. you can get you medical done for about £40 from a company called Ryminster. Theory next for me! Good luck.

I totally agree! I used easyashgv same company as above. They sent me to PBTraining in Bristol for everything CPC, and class 2 and then class 1. Wish to God I had just gone direct to PB? Who where great! Avoid and call your nearest HGV training centre. Thanks to all at PB Bristol great bunch.

JARMAN14:
Hi everyone am new to this site am currently going through the process of learning to become a lgv driver I am situated in mid Wales I have been approached by a company from London called hgvtrainingdotcodotuk the say they have got training sites across the uk they said I would have to do my training in Shropshire just want some feed back if anyone has used this firm or heard anything good or bad about them before I depart with the £3500 they quoted me to do the theory/rigid/hgv/cpc thanks barry

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to mention that every time someone creates a hyperlink to a brokers site in their forum comments as JARMAN14 and many others have, it helps promote that brokers site in the eyes of google (basically the more links a site has to it - especially when they come from reputable sites like this one - the more important that site becomes for search engines).

I am wondering if the moderators/senior members of this site would be willing/able to filter any current/future hyperlinks to the brokers sites that forum members post? I haven’t read any comments from anyone on this site promoting any HGV “broker”. Ironically by having hyperlinks to the brokers sites posted all over this forum we are inadvertently helping to promote these brokers sites.

HGV TRAINING is an obvious set of words to use when searching online for a school. Brokers have taken advantage of this. So who holds the top spot in google for this search term?

Just saying . . .

JARMAN14:

Hi Jarman14 - how did you get on in the end - who did you go with? I’ve got a similar quote from http://www.hgvtrainingcost.com but I’d prefer to go with recommendations (I’m in Hampshire) from you or any other kind members on the forum.

Thanks, Geoff

godofredogeoff:

JARMAN14:

Hi Jarman14 - how did you get on in the end - who did you go with? I’ve got a similar quote from http://www.hgvtrainingcost.com but I’d prefer to go with recommendations (I’m in Hampshire) from you or any other kind members on the forum.

Thanks, Geoff

EP LGV training would be my first port of call but check out the link in my signature below

JARMAN14:

Hi Barry - did you go with the HGV Training people in Shropshire in the end? Any good? Have been looking at them and hgvtrainingcost.com/ who quoted same-ish price. Any tips you have before I part with money I don’t have would be good. Geoff

I just got my provisional back (C) and have been reading up here to help with what to do next.
The nearest trainers to me are Stockport HGV, or LGV4U, and I’m not sure whats best. Although the promise of 7 day training from LGV4U is tempting as I currently work 50+ hours a week and with a young family leaving this to train without promise of a job is a bit dodgy to say the least. I have been saving my holidays to help cover some training though, will that do?

8Bit:
I just got my provisional back (C) and have been reading up here to help with what to do next.
The nearest trainers to me are Stockport HGV, or LGV4U, and I’m not sure whats best. Although the promise of 7 day training from LGV4U is tempting as I currently work 50+ hours a week and with a young family leaving this to train without promise of a job is a bit dodgy to say the least. I have been saving my holidays to help cover some training though, will that do?

You are not going to get a job promise from any trainer

Most do it in 5 days or less

Get asessments

Thanks, I understand the trainers won’t promise anything. I meant from a firm but I’ll just have to grow a pair I think…

ROG:

JARMAN14:

STAY WELL CLEAR

Always visit a LGV school before paying a penny

You will easily find out if they are any good by asking to do a visit or an assessment drive before paying anything - a broker will not allow you to do that

Yeah from what i have seen on here and i have not been here very long, yeah def don’t go with them, they probably do everything for you but you can do a lot on your own up to a certain point from what i see on here, and shouldn’t be anywhere near £3500,

From what i have seen if you do things yourself up to a point, your probably looking around £1500 for C+E with a good reputable reliable company.

Has anyone used the services of these guys before d4drivers.uk/aberdeen/ ?

I’m heading up to their Aberdeen centre next week for a medical (£50) as while I’m spending additional money on fuel, I’m quite looking forward to the drive up to Aberdeen and having a look round, rather then handing £100 to my local gp.

Well it would seem that upon reading this that I’ve been well and truly done. I’ve taken out a loan for upwards of £4000 and paid that money to hgvtraining.co.uk. I’m currently spending time learning the theory stuff and decided to sign up on here and see what’s what. I’m 21 and they’ve told me that once I’ve passed I won’t have too much problem getting a job because they work in partnership with recruitment companies and agencies. So my question is have I well and truly been had off? I feel physically sick now!! :blush:

Jimbo8320:
Well it would seem that upon reading this that I’ve been well and truly done. I’ve taken out a loan for upwards of £4000 and paid that money to hgvtraining.co.uk. I’m currently spending time learning the theory stuff and decided to sign up on here and see what’s what. I’m 21 and they’ve told me that once I’ve passed I won’t have too much problem getting a job because they work in partnership with recruitment companies and agencies. So my question is have I well and truly been had off? I feel physically sick now!! :blush:

YES YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF

ROG:

Jimbo8320:

YES YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF

Okay well there’s not a lot I can do now other than stick with it. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and although I’ve gone into this with my eyes closed and made a stupid mistake I’m going to take this as a huge learning curve and just crack on. Hopefully once I’ve passed I won’t have too much trouble finding work if I stick at it. Bearing in mind I’m 21 and have 3 points for speeding but also 4 years no claims bonus. Any other advice would be massively appreciated. My uncle seems to like what he does. He gets Monday to Friday nights out and weekends off and he reckons he’s touching almost 40k before tax a year. thats something I’m looking at working towards and hopefully with his company with a little help and a recommendation from him. Thanks in advance for any advice, James