Initial CPC......Does no-one want my money?!

I passed my CAT C last week and although i know that i cant do the initial CPC untill my licence comes back, I`ve been (or tried to get) intouch with atleast 3 training providers to atleast get a booking date for me to get underway…Does no-one read emails or hear the telephone ringing?!!

The training provider i went with to do my HGV, do initial CPC but they have to have a certain number of names down for the course…which could take weeks and im in need to get back into work and not have to worry about having anymore time off. I emailed and tried ringing a total of 3 reputable companies and they either dont want my business or theyre just too busy themselves to find enough time to let me know ANYTHING! I live in the gloucestershire area and apart from my original training provider, ive also tried ringing and emailing j coates in cirencester. But no-one will answer my questions!

Anyone on here that can help me out or point me in the direction of a decent company to take my Initial CPC? I will be most grateful.

Have any of you had this problem or is it just me? :blush:

Hello Stonehouse69

We have done lots of Initial CPC training and could help you.

You may be aware that you must pass the Module 2 case study exam (Taken at a theory test centre) before you can take the final part, Module 4. This is the practical Demonstration exam which is taken at a LGV driving test centre.

Unfortunately we are a fair distance from you in Essex but there is no reason that the training for Module 4 and the test cannot be done on the same day.

Our website has lots of information about the CPC training at flairtraining.co.uk

I do not wish this reply to look like an advert as I am only replying to your request for help.

If you would like to discuss the options please PM me and leave a number I can call back on

Regards

John

I’ve had the same thing, been trying to do a bit just to see what its like and every provider wants to book a course on “their” terms.

Sadly Im not just driving for a living anymore and don’t have time to slot my free time into the same slot as 10/15 other people so I’ll probably just end up leaving it till the last minute like everyone else and suffering the same problem again.

My local training provider, for example, said I’d have to wait 7 weeks before a course would be full enough to proceed and if they had any cancellations in the meantime then it’ll be even longer!

hhhhmmm!,

I am running initial CPC Module 4 training and testing this Saturday and next Wednesday and have lots of slots available. We are not in your area but if you want to get it done and fancy a day out then you can always PM me.

I have the same problem ,I am in Perthshire and no one knows when the next course is scheduled.What a carry-on.

Chaps,

where are you guys looking?

Actually I think part of the problem is uptake on DCPC has been so poor. Many training companies initially had lots of courses scheduled but no one took up on it. Please google my user name and have a look on the site. Lots of training companies who may be able to help you chaps.

You should also get some cracking deals on price.

Good hunting

Thanx for your help guys, especially LGVTRAINER, I wouldve taken you up m8 but had you been abit closer to gloucestershire… :smiley: I`ve had alook around and J coates came back to me with a date for Sept 9th in Birmingham…Right round the corner from my nans so its ideal for me. Garretts green i beleive.

2 weeks away so im gonna get as much info and practise on that stupid (no longer used) Dolly knot- or Truckers hitch… :unamused: And have a flick through big brummie macca`s MOD4 diary. Its all commen sense and initiative so i should be fine :open_mouth: :smiley:

Thanks again and any more tips for me would be grately received :grimacing:

Good luck Stonehouse69

A search through the site will let you download a list of the possible questions you may be asked.

You will be asked the following;

1. How to get into and out of the vehicle

2. The 10 daily walk round checks (mirrors, Speed limiter, Horn, tacho/speedo, brakes, washers/wipers, exhaust, lights, tyres, number plates / reflectors

3. How to prevent illegal immigation and smuggling at the customs controls.

That only leaves 2 other possible questions.

Everything you can possibly need is right here. But feel free if there is something missing.

Regards

John

At our company we integrate it into the driver training course so you get every test passed in the sane week. Works much better, most firms want to set up group session because it pays better but looking at the above posts it seem rather inconvenient.

When drivers book a course it’s a good idea go go somewhere that offers a proper block course.

I had a coach driver ring up recently that was in the same boat, but we sorted him out a test in Darlington, one day session, training and test, our cpc instructor is frankly s**t hot and he passed easily. So it can be done but you are best finding a local small school that can squeeze you in and willing to find you a test from the Dsa at a centre not a million miles away.