Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

Apologies, not a lorry but not your ordinary 1944 Bedford bus,Jansen Maastricht.
Oily

2c12f7114344d5284db28583f9d1ca1d.jpg
Another handful

e53367c62db12bf03e33fb26987f540d.jpg
Was there no stopping these Primrose boys

1eff4685fd192fca92965a742e9f9fe9.jpg
Wonder what engine /gearbox?

Somewhere in Manchester.

coomsey:
Wonder what engine /gearbox?

That was the '78 ‘Long-Haul’ special, all kitted out with kitchen pack etc. The standard LHD TM at that time had a Detroit 400 bhp lump and a 9-speed Fuller; though later ones had a ■■■■■■■ L10:290 with the same 'box. Robert

bedford1.jpg

And ^^^this wasn’t an entirely new thing because Bedford were putting the Detroit / 9-sp Fuller driveline in some of their KM models (as an option), like the one shown below. Robert

KM with Detroit and 9sp Fuller.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
And ^^^this wasn’t an entirely new thing because Bedford were putting the Detroit / 9-sp Fuller driveline in some of their KM models (as an option), like the one shown below. Robert

Got a bit of whoomph in em then Robert. Only drove KM for a couple of miles ,more than enough for me.

mushroomman:
Somewhere in Manchester.

For some reason this pic makes me feel my age mushroomman :slight_smile:

Tippers.
Oily

BedfordAl 15731797271_67bfdeebc6_bao.jpg

Cracking pic that KM with the Neville dump trailer!

coomsey:

Retired Old ■■■■:

coomsey:
Wonder what engine /box?

I was just thinking- bet it’s not a 300 & 4-speed!
And I do hope nobody’s going to mention a 240 Gardner.

If it were 4sp they’d be 3 of em that wouldn’t get a lot of use. :smiley:

Be fair… there was reverse as well.

Army brought in to lay a temporary Rd to recover a crashed aircraft at Luton Airport in the early 70s. Scaned from my old 126mm Negs so not brill, but hope of interest.

BED TM LTN 26 EI AWG.jpg

Lovely old trolleybus too! I remember those from my childhood in London.

Dipster:
Lovely old trolleybus too! I remember those from my childhood in London.

As a kid in Silvertown i too was fascinated with the Trolleys when they came along to the east end .

A Tanzaro liveried Bedford parked in Ancoats Manchester in 1964 belonging to the drinks manufacturer Jewsbury and Brown of Ardwick.
The company traded for 138 years before merging with Schweppes in 1964. (Click on picture to view full size)
Google Street View as it looks today.

Couple of tins of Hammerite n away you go

1949 Bedford-Eagle tower wagon, Rotherham Corporation Transport Department. Restored and displayed at the South Yorkshire Transport Museum, Aldwarke, Rotherham.